A miracle. My Mom is smoke free now as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

violetdream

Dec 22, 2012
Michigan
I could never imagine how the minute I started vaping (thanks to everyone here who gave this noob advice) that I wouldn't pick up another analog. It's been a month for me, and although I had some crazy symptoms of withdrawl and am still plowing through it...I am amazed that vaping has taken over my horrible smoking addiction. I don't WANT a cigarette...I want my awesome vape!!!

I just learned that my Mom hasn't smoked either since I helped buying her first vaping kit. She started smoking when she was 12, and she is in her late 60's now...and showing early symptoms of COPD. I just ordered a VV battery for her and some clearos....she hasn't had a cig in about 3 weeks!!!! :banana:

Why in the hell Docs don't recommend vaping is beyond me. I tried it all...meds, gum, patches....but this by far WORKS!!!

Thanks guys. I'm going to live a longer life, and so is my Mom.

MattF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Old Greenwich CT
With all the stories like this on these boards, I find this funny. Quote taken directly from Blu site below.

"blu should not be used as a quit smoking device as it has not been approved by the FDA as a cessation device"

How many other FDA approved methods have this kind of success rate after so little time?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
With all the stories like this on these boards, I find this funny. Quote taken directly from Blu site below.

"blu should not be used as a quit smoking device as it has not been approved by the FDA as a cessation device"

How many other FDA approved methods have this kind of success rate after so little time?
Absolutely none. And the problem is Big Pharmacutica realizes this and that "e-cigs" are going to drastically eat into their profit margins of their ineffective products. They stand to lose millions of dollars. It's all about big politics, big money, and lobyists protecting their self interests, and the FDA getting money from the aforementioned. Don't even bring up how many lives have and can be saved with e-cigs, that's not their agenda.

MaistresseSybs

Mar 9, 2013
texas
I could never imagine how the minute I started vaping (thanks to everyone here who gave this noob advice) that I wouldn't pick up another analog. It's been a month for me, and although I had some crazy symptoms of withdrawl and am still plowing through it...I am amazed that vaping has taken over my horrible smoking addiction. I don't WANT a cigarette...I want my awesome vape!!!

I just learned that my Mom hasn't smoked either since I helped buying her first vaping kit. She started smoking when she was 12, and she is in her late 60's now...and showing early symptoms of COPD. I just ordered a VV battery for her and some clearos....she hasn't had a cig in about 3 weeks!!!! :banana:

Why in the hell Docs don't recommend vaping is beyond me. I tried it all...meds, gum, patches....but this by far WORKS!!!

My 64 year old mom got us into it. Gotta love that. She's been tobacco free for about 10 months, my husband and me, about 7 months... never going back to tobacco. that stuff is nasty!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

Violet, I appolgise for my anti-political rant. Your story is a positive and uplifting one. I didn't mean to change the subject; there are other places here for politics.

Congrats to you and your mother. You are an inspiration to me and others. Vape hard. vape strong. Vape proud.

:toast:

violetdream

Dec 22, 2012
Michigan
Absolutely none. And the problem is Big Pharmacutica realizes this and that "e-cigs" are going to drastically eat into their profit margins of their ineffective products. They stand to lose millions of dollars. It's all about big politics, big money, and lobyists protecting their self interests, and the FDA getting money from the aforementioned. Don't even bring up how many lives have and can be saved with e-cigs, that's not their agenda.

Exactly. I'm not a mainstream type of gal...I know BS when I see it. Vaping has proved yet another truth. Research. Just because someone, even if they have PHd in front of their name claims they are brilliant, I can claim something that goes against their infinate wisdom. Always question. And vape on peeps!!! Woot!! Thanks everyone...knowledge is surely power...cheesy, I know...but very true indeed!

violetdream

Dec 22, 2012
Michigan
Next on my list is my sis...she's six years older than me and started smoking at a younger age I did (12?). She's gonna be a hard one to convert...vaping takes some thought, and if one doesn't want to think, well...they miss out...my Mom would of never done this if I didn't research it all and done it first...and help her with her first kit....anyway, I hope my sis takes some effort to do this, after all, we seen too many family members die from horrible COPD. Changing smoking addictions one person at a time, I guess, lol!

SALLYGOODIN

Feb 26, 2013
Idaho

Congratulations Violet and to your mom too. I also am older, early 60's and started smoking at 13........no way was I ever going to quit....loved my cigs so much was pretty much a chain smoker. They controlled my life. two weeks ago I tried a Blucig disposable as wanted to use it when kids are here, wow.........I immediately went to Walmart and got stocked up. Now have tons of stuff , an Ego and all that........24 mg liquid. I haven't smoked a cigarette for two weeks as of noon today! Yes they truly are a miracle!!:rickroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread