A moment of silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2009
Pittsburg, KS
For those who have not been folowing http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-knows-how-make-friends-12.html#post156925,a tragic end has come.

Our founder, Kate, has been banned.

Whatever your views on this latest bit of activism, on thing is certain. This community has lost a very valuable member.

Always there with a link to relevant threads or a great lol pic, Kate was one of the first people new members met and one of the most trusted names on the board.

We must all pick up the slack to try and fill the void left on the board by this loss.

We can only hope this ban will be temporary.

I ask now for a moment of silence in memory of the Wholey Founder.

:nun:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I, too, hope that they work things out and Kate's ban is lifted.

It seems, however, that she finally got the ending she wanted.

I totally agreed with her at first. Hell, I totally agreed with her by the end... but once it played out and a stalemate was reached, she kept pushing.

We all saw it coming, including Kate, and she egged it on. I was quite surprised, actually.

This place won't be the same without her.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Perm ban is for persistant offenders. This is Kate's first strike so it'll be between 24 hr and 2 weeks ban , she'll be back don't panic......

I hope for Kate's sake that it's actually more than 24 hours. She needs time to cool down... if she comes back too soon I just see more of the same, leading to a more permanent 'solution'.

My 2 cents.

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
I hope for Kate's sake that it's actually more than 24 hours. She needs time to cool down... if she comes back too soon I just see more of the same, leading to a more permanent 'solution'.

My 2 cents.

sadly i would have to agree.. i love Kate just as much as any of us here do.. but she DID push.. she needs some time to cool down and let it go..

i fully agreed with her point of view.. and i'm glad on her behalf that she made the stand she did.. i would expect nothing less.. but there did come a time during it all where there was a no turning back point.. and we all could easily see the outcome..

good for Kate making her stand.. honestly.. good for SJ doing what he needed to do.. sadly.. bad for the community for losing a VERY valuable member :( as temp as i HOPE it is

Jaaxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2008
Atlanta, GA
juicyliquid.com
sad.png

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
For those who have not been folowing http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-knows-how-make-friends-12.html#post156925,a tragic end has come.

Our founder, Kate, has been banned.

Whatever your views on this latest bit of activism, on thing is certain. This community has lost a very valuable member.

Always there with a link to relevant threads or a great lol pic, Kate was one of the first people new members met and one of the most trusted names on the board.

We must all pick up the slack to try and fill the void left on the board by this loss.

We can only hope this ban will be temporary.

I ask now for a moment of silence in memory of the Wholey Founder.

:nun:

I'm glad you started this thread, because I'd thought of the same thing after learning of the banning.

Agree or disagree, Kate fell in the line of duty, doing what she believed to be right... I nominate her for sainthood in our Order... :nun:

taukimada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
Tullahoma, Tn
www.youtube.com
The ban better be temporary or I'll spam the **** out of the forum!

Wait...I don't have the time or patience for that.

Do we still get our shirts?

LOL

the order has been sent.. i got the feeling Kate knew this was coming because the last two days the tshirt order stepped up to a quicktime march

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
Ok it is sad that it got that far but i fell that no matter where it was a perma ban or temp ban she will not return. that is her charater as far as my two cents on parked has a company his actions while considered misplaced he has tried to correct each misstep. when he first started he forgot to have the supplier tag added to his user name and that was fixed. But all other proplems have been sorted out and fixed.
now here is a open question what about me i buy (at cost most of the time) for friends that dont have net access does that make me a supplier with finical concerns. if i make a profit it is because my friends tip me. i thought about going into the whole supplier route but decided it would be better for the community has a whole if i started the show instead.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Ok it is sad that it got that far but i fell that no matter where it was a perma ban or temp ban she will not return.

I agree that I don't think Saint Kate has any interest in being here anymore right now, but I hope that when she cools down, she will realize that she can do more good being here, regardless of her (in my opinion, justified) concerns, than not being here... :nun:

frown.gif
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h121/PhoenixRoseStar/Emotes/frown.gif
She a very tenacious woman which is a very good thing in the right situations. Unfortunately, this turned out not to be one of them.

I hope the ban isn't permanent and I hope that if it isn't she returns.
cry.gif

For me, I think I will observe a moratorium on posting for awhile.

meditate.gif

Shhh.gif

I'll be back later.:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread