A newbie and his Joye 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ru42

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Southern Calif
Well, I thought I would post here because this might help the other newbie's out there. I just learned of e-cigs because of 7/11 and their xhaleO2.

7/11 - I thought the device was nice. Noticed vapor was awesome when you first put the cart on but it diminshed fairly quickly and have med vapor from them on. Taste was nice. The smoke flavor I would give a B. The Lemon Mint would get a B+ (but no lemon taste really.) The Watermelon was a C, it was a very weak taste. But the device did one thing, it got me on this board. I quickly deduced the Xhale was nice but there were a lot better devices.

After a week of reading and trying to come to grips with everything (if you are brand new there are some great how to guides. Start here (IMO)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ping-illustrated-guide-e-cigs-part-1-6-a.html

Anyway, I decided on the Joye510. Everyone seems to love it. I did my A-type obsessive cost review and settled on ElectroNicStix. They had the best price (Cignot was $1 more for what I wanted to order in my initial order.) What really swung me over to ENS was a great variety of juice, and a lot of 11mg which is what I wanted.

I ordered Saturday afternoon, it shipped Monday, and I got it today (Wednesday.) Jason you rock.

First impression: I love it. The Xhale is an auto and this is a manual and it took about 10 seconds to get used to the switch. So don't let that bother you at all.

The greatest thing I had to learn was to inhale slow. You get a much better vapor and taste this way. I dont think you can inhale too slow - at least that is how it seems to me. I hold the button down for about 1 second and then a slow inhale for about 4 seconds and release the button.

I notice when I press the button I hear the vapor sizzle, I assume this is normal.

I read conflicting reports on this site about priming (blowing out the atomizer before use.) Well, the most recent posts seem to say no so I didn't. I did not notice a bad taste at all, just smoky goodness.

After about 20-30 puffs I can tell the cart is struggling a little. I still hear a sizzle but it is very faint. Vapor is sill good but not as good. The taste is slightly different now, this may be the primer and/or just the cart is low on juice.

I am excited for tomorrow - I get to start playing with the juices I bought!

PS - I found a nice thread on the 510 here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-you-ever-wanted-know-about-your-510-a.html

If anyone has thoughts, helpful tips, comments, etc I'd love to hear it.

RU

Ru42

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Southern Calif
Focused - thanks, that is what I assumed. After all, we are making vapor so the sizzle felt right.

Jmaul - I am sure dripping will come into play sometime in the near future. So much to explore with this fun toy.

Question:
Storage at night? Should I unscrew the batt/atty top prevent drain. I don't see accidental turning on as an issue.

Not just at night but anytime, how should I 'store/carry' the 510? Right now I have the LED end down. The sizzle is back up and the taste is back to awesome. So, in my first post I figure I was having a dry atty problem. Any thoughts/comments on this question would be helpful. I dont want to run into leaking problems.

Thank you again!

RU

Ru42

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Southern Calif
Day 2 - manual juice

Day 1 I used the prefilled marlboro that came with the unit. Slow long drags was a lesson learned. I also keep the led side pointing down between puffs. I get a much better hit.

Day 2 - I took one of my unused carts to fill and decided green apple would be the flavor of the day. I slide a toothpick down between the stuffing and the cartridge wall. I would add 4 drops or so and then slightly move the toothpick to allow air to escape. I could literally see the juice move from the pool on top and down into the filler. I think I ended up with 15 drops or so - does that sound right? I didn't want to over fill.

I also used my second atty for this juicing experience. I dropped 2 drops right onto the atty. I assemble the whole thing and then turn the 510 so the led was down and waited a minute or so. First puff was maybe a C. The second puff was a B and by the third puff I was producing nice vapor. Green apple is nice, tastes a bit like a jolly rancher.

Again with this second atty I did not blow it out, just used it straight from the wrapping. I have no foreign tastes at the moment.

I asked above but I will ask again, how do you store your 510 at night? I do not want and juice leaking. So should I store it vertical like i do during the day or horizontal. Should I slightly unscrew the atty from the batt? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Also, as I asked above, how many drops should a new unused cart take? I do notice a huge vapor difference between my marlboro and green apple. I think the apply might not have enough juice but I am not sure.

Thanks!

onnoffplayer

Aug 19, 2010
Louisiana
personally, i just lay may ecig on its side. i dont like to store it led down cause the atty seemed flooded in the morning and the opposite way would give me a burnt taste in the morning. I guess unscrewing the atty from the battery would be the safe way in case of some sort of malfunction were to happen, i don't unscrew mine personally but it would seem to be safer that way. My carts tend to hold around 12-15 drops so that sounds correct to me.

Ru42

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Southern Calif
Thanks for the info onnoff. And thanks for the reccos petem.

Day 2 results:
Well, the day of using my own juice went smooth as can be. Anytime the vapor/taste of my apple would diminish I would top off with a couple of drops. It went great all day. My second 510 is still working on the Marlboro pre-filled that I put in it Wednesday. Still tasting great.

My regular 510 batt lasted me all day mainly due to the fact I had 3 devices going all day and I rotated between them. The mega battery is still going, I expect it to die out sometime midday. One thing I will say about the xhale, it's battery does a good job.

The 7/11 xhale Mod
OK, calling what I did a mod is a bit of an overstatement. Feeling more confident now I pulled the cart apart on the 7/11. The amount of filler they used is just plain silly. This stuff cannot be that expensive not to do it right.

The xhale has a container within the cartridge itself. I pulled that container out and in that is where the filler is located. This thing is small and the filler doesn't even fill it. I am talking MAYBE 20% of the filler amount that is used in the 510.

Anyway, I had 2 of the spent mint carts so I pulled both apart. I took the filler from one and added it to the other to fill it up. Then I added some of my mint juice and tested it out. It worked great, and obviously with the increased amount of filler it didn't run out too fast. Nice taste and nice vapor production.

I like keeping the xhale around for times when I want hand free vaping.

So, I have an empty cart/container for the xhale. Sounds like time to try out the PTB mod. But I have one question. Anytime I see the tea mod on these boards it always refers to the pyramid tea bags. On youtube I see demonstrations using the pain old lipton everyday tea bags. Is there a difference? Why use the pyramid over the regular tea bag?

Thanks and I hope some are finding this useful.

petem

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
va
The pyramid tea bags are way different matirial the the regular. The regular seems more close nit and cottony the pyramid more open and nylonly. seems the pyramid type is enough to prevent leaks most of the time but lets the jucie "flow" to the atty better. The only cart mod I tried so far is the PTB but am considering other that can be found here Cartridge Mods - E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread