A Newbie with a serious need of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burcu

Apr 19, 2018
Hey there!

Burcu here, newbie vaper from Taiwan. Hello to all - and I need some help from fellow vapers.

I started using vaporesso Revenger Mini 1.5 months ago (After 14 years smoking, yay!) and I absolutely loved it! However, yesterday I realized the battery-side case was not properly set, and I cannot push it back to its place. Do you think this can be a battery problem, like expansion of it? Do you think it's safe to use it this way?

Since ecigs are banned in here, I have no one to turn to, except you; so please accept my apologies if I'm asking this in the wrong place. Wish you all a super day!

Attachments

• P_20180419_041136_vHDR_On.jpg
    P_20180419_041136_vHDR_On.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Nope, it's a build-in one and I'm afraid to force it to open :)

Can you speak to whom you purchased from and see if it's under warranty still? Perhaps get a new one..

Do you see a way to unscrew some screws to get to the battery compartment? If it's not under warranty you may want to look and see if there looks to be damage to the battery...

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
How long have you had it and how much have you vaped it? IIRC lipo batteries can swell (sometimes it's overuse/too much draining of the battery, and sometimes it's exposure to heat or cold, or sometimes it just happens.

Can you see inside the battery compartment TO the battery? I'd be worried the battery inside has swelled and isn't safe for use. If you can warranty it, I would. If you can't, I'd be inclined to take it to a vape shop (since you are fairly new) and have them take a look at it if you can. They may be able to help you figure out what is going on. Did you drop the mod recently? I suppose it's possible that the battery casing got slid out of place or something. Unless you have a decent background in electrics and mechanics, I probably wouldn't advise trying to open it at this point until you know what is going on.

That would be my concern though, the battery heading toward inoperable and possibly almost there. If you have a decent vape shop, go there. Or, look into warrantying the mod. If your battery is going you want to (safely) dispose of the mod unless it's an easy fix and NOT due to the battery (which is also possible).

Best of luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are you certain that you didn't drop your mod, causing the battery cover to malform? I think it's odd that piece would come out like that without some trauma involved.

Unless that piece of the mod body can be easily removed by removing some screws, I wouldn't mess with it. Lipo batteries come in two different forms. Either in a relatively fragile plastic bag or a rectangular shaped battery. Lipo batteries are considered not removeable for a reason and generally permanently encased in the mod for protection against accidental rupture.

I might add that LiPo batteries are more likely to flame or explode in a dramatic fashion when compared to the "safer" chemistry IMR batteries which are more likely to just vent gas.

LiPo_4_of_8_1024x1024.JPG

TurnigyLiPo.jpg

Burcu

Apr 19, 2018
Thanks for all the replies!

I actually bought them in LA, during my trip; trying to reach the seller (The Vape Shop) but no luck so far. It's only been 7 weeks and I'm around 4000 puffs, so less than 100 per day; I guess it's not being overused. I have 5 weeks left for warranty but we don't have ecigs in Taiwan (Being a seller is sth up to 3 year imprisonment and 10.000$ fine, it's just crazy) so I'm pretty clueless about the next step :)

But from the messages; I think I'll just leave it till I'm sure this is safe. Hello smoking, my friend of misery.

Burcu

Apr 19, 2018
Are you certain that you didn't drop your mod, causing the battery cover to malform? I think it's odd that piece would come out like that without some trauma involved.

Unless that piece of the mod body can be easily removed by removing some screws, I wouldn't mess with it. Lipo batteries come in two different forms. Either in a relatively fragile plastic bag or a rectangular shaped battery. Lipo batteries are considered not removeable for a reason and generally permanently encased in the mod for protection against accidental rupture.

I might add that LiPo batteries are more likely to flame or explode in a dramatic fashion when compared to the "safer" chemistry IMR batteries which are more likely to just vent gas.
Sorry, total newbie here - by dropping the mod you mean..? In any case, I only switched from 40W to 30W then 35W. And there were no physical damage, like dropping etc.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry, total newbie here - by dropping the mod you mean..?
Yeah, I meant physically dropping it onto the floor or other hard surface, with enough force to cause that piece to become ajar.

Sorry about the strict laws in your country. Sorry to see you have to retire your vape, but batteries are so powerful and potentially dangerous, it's likely your only option. No one can say that mod is safe to use. Sorry to see you have to return to smoking. :(

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
All good replies here. I have a mini but haven’t seen that problem. I wouldn’t use it.

If it’s out of shop warrant contact Vaporesso thru their website or FB. Send them a video of the mod from all sides. Include a cope of the receipt and all the info on the box.

They have excellent customer service imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread