A newcomer, didnt think id be saying this yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
Hi Everyone,

I would like to start by saying thankyou to the member here on ECF who donated their xhaler to me. It hasnt arrived yet and being the geek I am I will be researching it to the hilt to make sure I use it correctly and take care of it.

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and how excited I am to be getting my first ever working HV mod : o)

I cannot put in words the greatness of all the members here and I look forward to being part of this sub forum

I will add that I have had samples of drews liquids and am oh so thrilled they are great : o) I will be definitely getting more

My first question is about batteries, and im looking for a link to where I can find info on if the charger I have will support the xhaler 3v batteries. my charger is a tenergy charger that supports different sizes...the back of it says:

model: tr-001
input:100-240v
input2: 12v 500mA
output: 4.2v 500mA

can charge more cylindrical lithium batteries:10430,10440,14500,16340,17670, 18500, 18650
rechargable batteries or with pcb batteries

dont see the 3v of the xhaler here so lil confused if it does or not?

thanks in advance for any advice. also need a link for HV attys?dont know if i NEED one for certain voltages?and how to get it to a 5v vape?i am back to being totally uneducated on ecigs...feel like such a noob again:oops:

gonna go keep searching and if i find what im looking for ill delete my questions as appropriate;)

thanks guys

gk7319

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
IL
Hi Just-Cass,

Saw that thread wherein you were offered the Xhaler - Lucky you!

On to the batteries! I only just received my xhaler yesterday, so I am in no way completely knowledgeable about it, but if you were to purchase one from the site, you would receive 2 Tenergy RCR123A 3V batteries with a charger. These are the little ones that are just over an inch in length and about a half inch thick.

Drew also sells UltraFire 17670 3.7V PROTECTED Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery 1800 mAh batteries on his sight but I am not sure if they will fit in the Xhaler. I think I may have read in another thread that they will, but can't say for certain.

Anyway, welcome to the club and I'll tip a pint of Guinness to you tonight!
Greg

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
Hi Just-Cass,

Saw that thread wherein you were offered the Xhaler - Lucky you!

On to the batteries! I only just received my xhaler yesterday, so I am in no way completely knowledgeable about it, but if you were to purchase one from the site, you would receive 2 Tenergy RCR123A 3V batteries with a charger. These are the little ones that are just over an inch in length and about a half inch thick.

Drew also sells UltraFire 17670 3.7V PROTECTED Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery 1800 mAh batteries on his sight but I am not sure if they will fit in the Xhaler. I think I may have read in another thread that they will, but can't say for certain.

Anyway, welcome to the club and I'll tip a pint of Guinness to you tonight!
Greg

hi gk, id love that...ill send you some luck in your toast this eve with tha guinness!!!

thanks for all the info...i will be getting supplies from nhaler im sure in future i just wanna try out the xhaler first and see what i need to get then. If this adaptor will work with those 3v batteries im set....off to do more hunting...thanks again for the replies and welcome msgs : o)

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
cass-I don't think you can charge 3v batteries in that charger, it could overcharge them.
I do hope someone comes along to give you a more thorough answer! I thought I saw a thread on this very topic. I will go look to see if I can find it.

thanks for the info...does it take 10440 3.7v batteries by any chance?

i will double check the charger with drew and order one if it definitely doesnt work...kinda taking your word for it i will be prepared to get a new charger/extra batteries...

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Hi Just Cass,

16340 batteries come in 2 voltages and that confuses people.

The 16340's come in 3.7 and 3.0v.

The Tr-001 charger will charge the 16340 at 3.7v.

Most like you will want to use the 16340's that are LifePO4 tenergy batteries at 3.0v each. You cant use the tr-001 charger to chrage these becuase the battery chemistry is different than a li Ion batteries at 3.7 volt.

here is a link to tenergy 3v batteries that are LifePO4 batteries 16340's
2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

hope this helps.

Like someone else said you can use the device for 3.7 vaping using the 17670 batteries.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
hmmmm isaac?as a newcomer to nhaler forum im not sure who u mean?

We are talking battery charging-just trying to help point you in the direction of someone with more knowledge and experience than myself-Thanks Doots-Better info than I could ever hope to give.

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
Hi Just Cass,

16340 batteries come in 2 voltages and that confuses people.

The 16340's come in 3.7 and 3.0v.

The Tr-001 charger will charge the 16340 at 3.7v.

Most like you will want to use the 16340's that are LifePO4 tenergy batteries at 3.0v each. You cant use the tr-001 charger to chrage these becuase the battery chemistry is different than a li Ion batteries at 3.7 volt.

here is a link to tenergy 3v batteries that are LifePO4 batteries 16340's
2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

hope this helps.

Like someone else said you can use the device for 3.7 vaping using the 17670 batteries.

thankyou for the info doots its very much appreciated...are my 14500 batteries any use in the xhaler?they are 3.7v..

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
hmmmm isaac?as a newcomer to nhaler forum im not sure who u mean?
by isaac I think she means Isaac as in Iken... you know the laser mod you won...that Isaac... :D

no sarcasm intended (it kinda sounded like there was some in there) but he's a modder and deals in alot of batteries and such...

though you got some good answers already..

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
by isaac I think she means Isaac as in Iken... you know the laser mod you won...that Isaac... :D

no sarcasm intended (it kinda sounded like there was some in there) but he's a modder and deals in alot of batteries and such...

though you got some good answers already..

hey drozd...thanks i got a pm saying it was him...haha he is the only isaac i know on ecf so he sprung to mind...just didnt know he was the go to guy fro batteries!!!he wouldnt think badly of me im sure not knowing it was him referred to....there could be an isaac on nhaler i havent met yet cos im a noob here:oops:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
These are the batteries I sell with the Xhaler for 5 and 6 volts... 2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

The 17670 Batteries are for 3.7 Volt option and will charge with the charger you have....Please do NOT cross batteries and chargers as it can dangerous and cause your charger and batteries to catch fire and or explode... I strongly reccomend that you purchase and use the batteries mentioned as others will not work properly and sour your HV experience...
You dont really NEED Hv attys although some people really like them and they do seem to outlast the normal ones so far from my experience...
Drew

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
These are the batteries I sell with the Xhaler for 5 and 6 volts... 2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger

The 17670 Batteries are for 3.7 Volt option and will charge with the charger you have....Please do NOT cross batteries and chargers as it can dangerous and cause your charger and batteries to catch fire and or explode... I strongly reccomend that you purchase and use the batteries mentioned as others will not work properly and sour your HV experience...
You dont really NEED Hv attys although some people really like them and they do seem to outlast the normal ones so far from my experience...
Drew

thankyou for the advice...wise words im sure....i really dont wanna be messing with batteries i will purchase the ones you have.gonna pm you now drew about shipping to me : o)

thanks all for the advice : o)

cass : o)

Jas4:14

Dec 29, 2009
MI
Welcome Cass :)

You've inherited a fine piece of equiptment. Reliable. I've had the complete opposite experience w/ Drew then you had "elsewhere". He went too far overboard to compensate me and I think you'll happy all around. He's a great guy to deal with and makes the best tasting juice I've found. & FAST on shipping.

The Xhaler is big & solid, but not heavy.. (compared to our itty bitty)
The enhanced flavor is a nice change w/ the big one (though I do like my tiny ones for public)

They're right about the batteries. These are the only ones I have that have their own charger right now... seperate from the multi, but that is a good thing. For a big batt mod, the LifePO4 is a much safer way to go anyway. If it's too much & you want to drop back to 3.7 the dummy spacer battery is very inexpensive.

Kick back, relax... and enjoy. It won't be long. I vividly remember my first WOW on the Xhaler. heehee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread