Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
So, my nine year old daughter was reading over my shoulder this morning as I was reading the forum with my coffee and 510, before making our way out to the bus stop, and says..

"so they will let them die?"

(I was reading a post on the eGo and attys, nothing to do with dying)..

I said, "what??"

She pointed to someone's banner, you know the one that a lot of members have that says something like STOP the ecigarette ban, and says "what would people do if they stopped smoking Stella's?" (I named my 510 Stella, don't ask lol)

I said.. "they would probably start smoking regular cigarettes again"

She replies, "So they will let them die?"

I never knew she thought of smoking analogs as dying. And I didn't think it would be so obvious to a nine year old. Yet people with degrees are trying to ban. Very sad. :(

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
My wife and I were talking in the kitchen the other day and my 9 year old son was listening in from the living room. We were talking about the FDA and the e-cig ban and what would happen if they banned e-cigs. I told my wife it would be very hard for me NOT to go back to tobacco. After a few seconds my son jumped up and ran upstairs. Wondering what was wrong, I went up stairs and he was sitting on his bed crying and praying. After he finished I asked what was wrong and he said he prayed to God to keep the FDA from killing his daddy. I was stunned and didn't know what to say, so I just held him for a little while.

Now, thinking back on it, I don't think I would be able to go back to smoking no matter what after seeing him like that.

Kids are smarter and more perceptive than we give them credit for.

tazz

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
Now, thinking back on it, I don't think I would be able to go back to smoking no matter what after seeing him like that.

Kids are smarter and more perceptive than we give them credit for.

tazz

It makes me kind of sick to my stomach to think that all this time she looked at me like I was killing myself. Looks like our nine year olds know more than I did when I thought it was "cool" to start smoking all those years ago. But like you, it makes me that much more determined to not go back to analogs. Many think our job as parents is to teach our kids, but I learned a whole lot from mine this morning, and now from yours, tazz.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
It makes me kind of sick to my stomach to think that all this time she looked at me like I was killing myself. Looks like our nine year olds know more than I did when I thought it was "cool" to start smoking all those years ago. But like you, it makes me that much more determined to not go back to analogs. Many think our job as parents is to teach our kids, but I learned a whole lot from mine this morning, and now from yours, tazz.

Wanna hear something completely messed up? I looked at my grandparents exactly the same way at nine, scared to death that they were going to die from smoking. By fourteen I had one stuck in my mouth... how quickly we forget. My theory is that as babies we know everything but forget it the older we get. By the time the hormones kick in we're completely brain dead. :lol:

Lilacs212too

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Williamsburg, VA
This post is excellent and I hope in the near future we can somehow be lucky enough to get some videos of these experiences. I would love to see them!

If only I had the webcam going! Or wait. No. It was first thing in the morning.. first cup of coffee.. wouldn't have been nice. But I am thinking that letter to the powers that be would be a good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread