A photo gallery of my newly arrived GGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
In your bushes, watching you undress
Well, my GGT arrived safe and sound about 20 minutes ago. I was very much anticipating its' arrival.

Now that it's here, I kind of have mixed emotions... not sure if it is a keeper or not. I'll sleep on it tonight and see.

I like the concept, and it is nice looking, but as you'll see below, the finish on the switch is not indicative of a $250 device. The rest of the finish is rough as well with a lot of machining marks and imperfections (note also the endcap with the vent-holes). Keep in mind that this was bought brand new, not second-hand.

A special shout-out to two great guys.. Issac (Ikenmoke) who got this delivered to me in TWO days. Great shipping, terrific communication throughout the process, and a great e-tailer. Also to Rob at AltSmoke for creating the 510 adapter. Not only did it deliver at the EXACT same time (2 days), but was priced fair and is well machined and finished. It is a nice compliment to any GG. So for those who prefer 510 like I do and are worried about how an adapter might look (like I was), have no fear... it looks great.

So on to the images.........................

GGT_003.jpg

GGT_006.jpg

GGT_009.jpg

GGT_010.jpg

GGT_011.jpg

GGT_012.jpg

GGT_015.jpg

GGT_016.jpg

GGT_018.jpg

GGT_019.jpg

Last edited:

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Beautiful Images Bandit, you're a great photographer.

About the finish on the GG, I think that's how it is supposed to look. It's supposed to have that elegant "hand machined just for you" finish. The imperfections are there on purpose to give it character. I know some people hand polish them to get rid of the machining marks and make it shine like the Silver Bullet, but I prefer the "hand finished". At least this my take on it. The function of the unit I feel speaks for itself.

Also remember about the price(I beleive the $250 is because you got the whole "kit" from Isaac). By itself the GGT would be $120 Euro. If the US economy was in better shape and the Dollar's exchange rate with the euro wasn't so crappy, the GG would be about the same price as any other commercially available mod.

But, anyway, again, awesome pictures. If you get the time, could you PLEASE possibly make one or two into a nice banner for signatures.
Thanks.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
As usual Bandit... Desktop wallpaper material... and website worthy selling tools. Those are really nice. Are you sure you don't do this for a living? I think you are a professional photographer. And like Lisa said, Take some sandpaper to the switch and then polish it out. It will look great after that. But these are all hand made.. .Not CNC machined like the others are.

Very nice work, you should be getting paid for this kinda work.

I can't wait to hear your comments on it after using it for a few days. I think the GG has much less resistance not having any wires and I get more out of my batteries. I wonder if you will notice the same thing...?

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hi Bandit, your pictures are a piece of art. Ubelieveable!!

The button is like this because I put tweesers on it but its not visible like photos. You cant really see this. Also you cant see the details that picture shows. But a handmade product has its own very small marks on it just to know that is yours:). You have to understand what a handmade product is to appreciate it.

But I see that maybe its time to move on a CNC because some people want GG totally perfect. It is worth it anyway:):)

src97

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
NE of USA
I got my GG today too! It is the great. I love that its hand made and has the marks. One day, in the world of vapage, this will certainly be a collectors item.

And it is our stinky economy right now that makes these so expensive!

Id like to thank Iken for a flawless sale, and fantastic shipping!

Id like to thank Imeo for making a beautiful product!

Thanks and woo hoo!

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
But I see that maybe its time to move on a CNC because some people want GG totally perfect. It is worth it anyway:):)

Unless it would massively increase the speed at which you could put out these products, without erasing that "handmade" look and feel, please don't. As vapnaway mentioned, if you went to CNC, the GG would just be "another Mod".

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
8-o

$ 250.00

Are you serious?

Yes but taking into account the excahnge rate(1euro=1.66USdollars) that really would only be $156 if the euro equaled the dollar. Plus that $250 was for a very extensive kit that included the GGT, batteries, multi battery charger, 2 atomizers, eliquid and a NASA utilized skining product made specifically for the GGT called Skinomi(which is awesome). So really it's not that bad of a deal at all, considering the exchange rate, it's a fantastic deal.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Lovely photos Bandit!!

Shame Iken didn't fix the buttons before sending them out to you discerning US customers.....

Still, just get yourself a bit of sandpaper and it will be sorted in no time - kind of a nice way to bond with your new GG.

Actually... a shame that when Iken brought up the issue to Imeo, he was told he would get no replacement parts to correct it, but that if the end-user wanted a better button they could get one from Imeo (with shipping charges and shipping waits of course).

As usual Bandit... Desktop wallpaper material... and website worthy selling tools. Those are really nice. Are you sure you don't do this for a living? I think you are a professional photographer. And like Lisa said, Take some sandpaper to the switch and then polish it out. It will look great after that. But these are all hand made.. .Not CNC machined like the others are.

Very nice work, you should be getting paid for this kinda work.

I can't wait to hear your comments on it after using it for a few days. I think the GG has much less resistance not having any wires and I get more out of my batteries. I wonder if you will notice the same thing...?

Thank you, I appreciate the comments!

So far it is performing about even to my Silver Bullet. I just charged the CR123 to try it in Nano form, but I expect it to perform like my Protege. I'm not seeing any higher level of performance over my other devices yet.

Hi Bandit, your pictures are a piece of art. Ubelieveable!!

The button is like this because I put tweesers on it but its not visible like photos. You cant really see this. Also you cant see the details that picture shows. But a handmade product has its own very small marks on it just to know that is yours:). You have to understand what a handmade product is to appreciate it.

Thanks Imeo, glad you like the images.

I'm certainly not trying to be unduly critical here, so I hope you don't see it that way.

On my switch (can't speak to others) the marks are as visible in my hand as they are in the photos, it is deeply torn up. The end cap machining can also be seen & felt without magnification. The minor blemishes in the body aren't noticeable with the naked eye unless you're searching for them though.

I do appreciate that these are hand made, and that's also why I appreciate my Protege and Silver Bullet as well... love these exotic beauties.

Yes but taking into account the excahnge rate(1euro=1.66USdollars) that really would only be $156 if the euro equaled the dollar. Plus that $250 was for a very extensive kit that included the GGT, batteries, multi battery charger, 2 atomizers, eliquid and a NASA utilized skining product made specifically for the GGT called Skinomi(which is awesome). So really it's not that bad of a deal at all, considering the exchange rate, it's a fantastic deal.

Yeah but the USD does not equal the Euro and likely will not for a very, very long time... so that simply doesn't matter in the slightest here. If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ... when he hopped :)

I don't really worry about the money I spend on things I want. I am fortunate enough to have a career that allows me to thrive even in this economy, so I never complain about a price if I see something that I really want. But I still expect a certain level of quality to rationalize the value of any product small or large purchase.

I am also a realist and know full-well that nothing can be 100% perfect in this world, and I am always aware of this when I make an educated decision and purchase a hand made product as well.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Actually... a shame that when Iken brought up the issue to Imeo, he was told he would get no replacement parts to correct it, but that if the end-user wanted a better button they could get one from Imeo (with shipping charges and shipping waits of course).

Opsssssssss, who said that to you Ban?

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
250 for a full kit including chargers, batteries, 40ml of juice, skinomi protective skin and atomizer oh yeah and the GG itself

Holy hell, what all did this kit include??

I remember when I got mine it was 120 euro which is around 180 USD, and i wouldnt think the exchange rate would have been a factor, since you guys were buying them in the US.

Bandit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Wow those pics are unbelievable. The clarity is crystal. Im telling you man you need to be in the national geographic magazine and other top magazines or what every.... you got talent.

Thanks bro, I appreciate it!

I decided that it is a keeper. Once I went down to Nano size I realized it is a must-have. I'll figure out how to buff out the button myself later.

Back to vapin'..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread