A proposal to the vaping community from Mooch

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
A more worthy beneficiary of a few dollars of your monthly vaping budget does not exist. This is money in the bank. I hope everyone who’s benefited from Mooch’s hard work is willing to support this effort and give a little back. This is a great thing.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So now we are suppose to pay for Mooches post? He is going to charge the community that built his knowledge for his knowledge? Good luck with that.
Eh? Mooch was doing power electronics and battery testing before he got into vaping.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So now we are suppose to pay for Mooches post? He is going to charge the community that built his knowledge for his knowledge? Good luck with that.
Eh? Mooch was doing power electronics and battery testing before he got into vaping.
@Rossum I agree. :thumb:

Mooch has already done more for our vaping community in the last 2 - 3 years than ANYBODY ELSE through his VOLUNTEER work AFTER his normal day job. Just think what he could do for the community if he quit his day job and could devote his efforts full time to the vaping community.

With more time available, he could expand his testing beyond just batteries: Mods (mech and regulated), chargers, atomizers. We need this!!

We need someone with his knowledge, experience, expertise, and trustworthiness, who is also a vaping enthusiast and advocate himself, who is willing to share this with the vaping community. He is the ideal individual to provide this.

He's taking a pretty big personal risk, IMHO, to risk quitting his day job and depending upon the vaping community to support his new proposal. I hope the community supports him.

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
@Rossum I agree. :thumb:

Mooch has already done more for our vaping community in the last 2 - 3 years than ANYBODY ELSE through his VOLUNTEER work AFTER his normal day job. Just think what he could do for the community if he quit his day job and could devote his efforts full time to the vaping community.

With more time available, he could expand his testing beyond just batteries: Mods (mech and regulated), chargers, atomizers. We need this!!

He's taking a pretty big personal risk, IMHO, to risk quitting his day job and depending upon the vaping community to support his new proposal. I hope the community supports him.

Agreed. I rely on Mooch's battery assessments and recommendations to select my batteries - something that affects my daily life. Most of what I know about battery safety and handling comes from Mooch, and I seriously doubt I'm unique in this regard.

Mooch has used his professional expertise and donated his own time to providing much-needed information for this community. I would love to see someone reliable testing mods and chargers and the rest. What he provides has great value for us, and I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for that to be recognized.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

I’m very confused as to how you came to that conclusion.
    How much did you pay for my H-PRIV2 post? :)

Nothing changes for anyone who does not become a Patron. No fees. No reduction in what I post.

My Patrons just get additional benefits and the knowledge that they are helping me do more testing for the entire community.

I did learn a little about batteries during my 23 years of working with them designing power electronics as a career before I started vaping. And at least seven more years before that doing it informally. I merely applied that knowledge to the batteries that vapers use.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread