The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A Provari Mini has chosen me.

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by ShariR, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShariR

ShariR Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Oh Joyous Tidings!

On Christmas my DH laid in my hand a number of the new bills and told me to go forth and seek my Provari. He has seen me pining for Provari these past days. He knows not Provari, but told me to go get one so he can rest his ears.

At midnight I was called to the computer by some mysterious force. I looked and there he was. A Provari Mini clad in Black Satin, with a matching extension cap, staring back at me through beautiful blue LED eyes. At his side was his trusty Nitecore charger. Calling to me.

He is mine. I know not his name or on what day he arrives. He is coming to me in a sleeve lovingly made by his owner who has chosen another path (his journey takes him to REOville and the land of Bottom Feeders). My Provari Mini will be weary so I will sustain him with 2 of the AW 18490 and 4 of the AW 18350 batteries. Is this enough sustenance?

I have only my trusty Joye 510 attys and an occasional Evod to grace him. A new quest may be in hand.

I await his arrival with as much patience as I can summon.

2. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Joyous News!!
    The power sources are perfect, and will greatly please your new acquisition.
    You may want to see other sources of liquid delivery - and quickly - as the Evod won't fit (without an adapter).
    Many of us go to carto-tanks, but a ProTank or other similar topper would work, too.

3. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
  4. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I saw the post where you sent a PM :) very nice!

5. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I am thrilled beyond belief. It is exactly the one I would have chosen (outside of Stealth, of course) had I been wandering the shop. The seller treated me well and is good people. Deals in the middle of the night on Christmas, no less, who would have thought it.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    Call it Sirius. It will be a nice play on words. Dog star, referencing your avatar, and if you are familiar with Harry Potter references, Sirius Black, references your Mini's color. ;)

7. kbf101998

kbf101998 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2013
    Brentwood, Tn, USA
    Congratulations!! Happy for you! Fate is a beautiful thing! :toast:

8. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Oh, why thank you for the name suggestion. I have been thinking on it and had not found something pleasing. The reference back to my beloved dog is quite pleasing, as are stars. I will use the name Sirius, if you do not mind. Thank you again.

Now to ready a place for him.

9. QueenVictoria

QueenVictoria Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2010
    SoCal, USA
    Oh Shari, I'm so happy for you!!! :banana: The ProVari is awesome sauce. You will love it for sure. I'm considering another one already. Be sure to post pictures when it arrives.

10. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I am so low tech that I do not have a cell phone or a little camera to use. This laptop has a camera on it, no clue how to work it. Don't know if I am wanting to; what if I accidentally post a picture of me??? Not a good thought there. I will see what I can come up with. Wonder if I can post the pictures from the listing? Copy them over here somehow.

11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
  12. Seapup

Seapup Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Congrats ShariR! [​IMG] And thanks for the great read. :thumb:

13. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah!!! It is like magic!!!

Thank you PLANofMAN. How talented. Poof! and it is done.

14. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    You know, the strange thing is is that it really did pretty much happen just as I told it. I have been lurking and reading about the Provari for several months while quite happily vaping with a 510 atty and a spinner. I want one quality device that I can depend on and that I can change the batteries rather than having to replace the device. Lots of reading and wading through the reviews of many different devices. Lots of reading of users comments on said devices and umpteen Youtube videos. War and Peace several times over (at least it felt like it). The majority of the mods out of China seem to have one or more flaws that require varying levels of tinkering. I do not tinker. I also do not do complicated and lots of itsy bitsy pieces well.

I also found very few complaints from long time Provari owners and users. And a low rate of repairs needed. Just the fact that the Provari can be repaired, and inexpensively, is a huge plus to me. Made in the USA is another. I also paid a little bit of attention to the demographics of the Provari owners, as a group.

Mechs are not for me. Expensive collectibles are not for me. The Provari kept coming up at the top of the lists I was making. I was not finding any fatal flaws in design or execution. Yeah, some bells and whistles are not present. But that is what they are, bells and whistles. Not necessary for my preferred vape and reasons to upgrade from my spinners and MVP2. Since getting my MVP2 I have found that I fiddle with the variable wattage about the same as I fiddle with the variable voltage, so that is not an issue either. I believe the Provari Mini is going to be a good fit for me. The Satin Black and the blue LED are icing on the cake. The stars were aligned.

15. The Ocelot

My black one is named Demon, because of his intense green eyes.

16. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Is that top ring black or chrome?
    It looks black in the photo, more like a stealth.

17. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    Congrats Shari!! Nice that you were able to get that one from the classies and saved your hubby a few dollars too. I'm not a collector either and will never be but I totally hate it when things don't work right. That's why I got a ProVari.

18. The Ocelot

[​IMG]

19. ShariR

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I have no clue. I will know when he arrives. Sir gracious seller listed him as a black satin provari mini V2.5. So we will see. Now that would be quite the surprise! Stay tuned.

ETA: From my reading I believe that the stealth option for a Provari Mini has not been available until quite recently. My Provari entered the world directly from Provape on the final day of May of this year. So I do not believe him to be of the stealth.

20. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    ShariR!!!! That is WONDERFUL news!!!! You will love it, truly:)!! And you won't be sorry you got it either!!! Doesn't mean you will necessarily stop liking other batteries or won't buy anymore... but truly, you won't NEED anymore.. you will only be buying more because you've turned into a vape hoarder (like me)!! Awesome:)!!! (I didn't see your note, because I only looked at the threads I was subscribed to, sorry!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.