Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
4a896681-92a3-7acd.jpg
My awesome wife let me get my christmas present early! The Lavatube! I've been vaping on it since I got it and my initial impressions...

1) it's smaller than I expected. In the videos I've seen, it looks huge. It's not. A pleasant surprise to be sure. While taller than my Provari, it is thinner. Feels good in the hand.

2) build quality is better than I thought it would be. I've read complaints about atomizer interfaces being tilted (not the case with mine), the vent hole not being completely through the end cap (not the case with mine), the anodizing being chipped (mines perfect). My only complaint is that the spring on the endcap was over compressed causing the battery to rattle in the tube and not engage fully causing intermittant operation. I pulled the spring and now it's works fine. no more rattle rattle.

3) ease of use. Yup it's easy!

4) my AW 18650 batteries from my Provari work just fine even though the AW 18650 that came with it is a flat top and won't work in the Provari.

5) 1st impressions... I like it. For the price, I don't think it can be beat. Will it replace the Provari? No. But it's definately getting pressed into regular service.

I plan on making a Provari vs Lavatube video in the coming days, much like I did the Provari vs Darwin video a few months ago.

Back to vaping on my Lavatube!

But 1st, I have to properly thank my wife for my early surprise! ;)

Sent via cellular communication device...

Last edited:

Vapian

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2011
Lexington, KY
Seems like a good summary, my friend.

I don't have a ProVari to compare it to, but I've certainly found the LT to be a worthy piece of kit. Not very versatile with an LR atty or carto but has pretty good range with 2.5-3.0 ohm stuff, where it's just slightly below the range of the Buzz Pro or Infinity Pro. It's actually shorter than the I-Pro.

And it looks dead sexy with a charcoal gray Cartomator upon it.

SNjVaper

Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Southern NJ USA
I currently own a Provari and a "Galaxy" mod from vapor galaxy. It's basically the same mod that Volcano sells without the Lavatube print on it. While I love my provari, the ease of use on the Galaxy is great. I really wish my provari had the same button setup. But I agree with all the points the poster made. In my mind, if you took the button setup on the Galaxy and the build quality of the provari, it would be the be e-cig setup to date!

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Interesting that Galaxy, a US vendor, would sell these!

Volcano makes the claim that they are the exclusive US distributor which is interesting since it is not that way in the rest of the world. I am curious to see how this apparent conflict gets resolved.

Although Volcano did recant, its initial position of negating the warranty if non Volcano atty's and cartos were used with the Lavatube was a real turn off to Volcano as a supplier. Some of you ripped me apart in defense of Volcano for starting the thread on the warranty. There are sheep and groupies lurking around these forums who seem to take any questioning of a supplier or product as a personal attack. This mentality has always baffled me. Volcano did change its policies in light of the overwhelmingly adverse reaction from the general vaping community to the warranty so the dimwitted comments of a few were for naught.

The LT is an interesting product, but, as with any product, it needs support. The claimed US distribution exclusivity by Volcano has muddied the waters with Galaxy now entering the picture. It remains to be seen how this pans out.

Last edited:

Bahiaboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
London/Alicante
Yes it seems to have different names Lavatube, Vapor Galaxy and Thundervolt amongst others,I see you can buy it direct from China as well !!! does not look like anyone has actually got it exclusively,not a bad thing though as there will be competition between the Vendors for the best price :) cheapest I have seen it is the full Thundervolt Kit for 50€

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Mini lavatube??

Yup. That's what I'm waiting for.

I use a Provari 18490 when I'm at home and an Ego when I'm out and about. The problems is once you start using a VVPV, fixed voltage PV's just don't cut it. At least not for me.

So I would like to get a Small, Tube Style VVPV that is Hopefully less expensive than a Provari to use when I'm in the car. The Mini-Lavatube/ThunderVolt looks like a nice Size and a Nice Price.

Yes its called the Mini Thunderbolt available on Pre Order here 2SMOK - Cigarros Electrónicos | LavaTube available Mid Jan ;o)

That's what I have my eye on.

I'm hoping that a US seller will be offering their branded version soon.

Do you know of anyone else who is selling or is going to sell the Mini 18350 Version?

Yes it seems to have different names Lavatube, Vapor Galaxy and Thundervolt amongst others,I see you can buy it direct from China as well !!! does not look like anyone has actually got it exclusively,not a bad thing though as there will be competition between the Vendors for the best price :) cheapest I have seen it is the full Thundervolt Kit for 50€

I believe that the OEM who makes them is L-Rider and they call it a "Variable Voltage Ego."

L-Rider Technology Co., Ltd. - e-cigarette, cartridge, atomizer

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I don't have a ProVari, but I'm curious. Can't you use a magnetic spacer?

It's all about nipples. The LT takes a flat top, but the standard AW IMR with nipple fits fine. Not sure if other brand 18650's will work. The Provari has to have the nipple. I like to say nipple.

Sent via cellular communication device...

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
From what I have seen anybody can buy the LT or galaxy or whatever you want to call it ( same device ) from L-rider in CHina , there are NO exclusives I am aware of , this is a Chinese version of a Pro V ( copied basic design )

So if you have $$$ you too can name it what you like and be a dealer.
Volcano claimed that they worked in conjunction with L-Rider to develop this device and that they never had an exclusive deal with them ?? I find that hard to believe , most Chinese companies do NOT honor exclusive deals if they see $$$ Might be wrong ? . FYI

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
From what I have seen anybody can buy the LT or galaxy or whatever you want to call it ( same device ) from L-rider in CHina , there are NO exclusives I am aware of , this is a Chinese version of a Pro V ( copied basic design )

Do you have a link to where I could buy 1 Mini?

All I can find are people selling wholesale or a 10 Kit Minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread