A PV With A Little Strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernal2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
The Oil Coast, AL
Saddened to say,my job is costing me a fortune in PVs. I had recently purchased a Joye eGo and absolutely loved the thing as well as making a simple box mod to give that realm a try. My problem? I work in an environment with an incredible amount of particulates, mostly old concrete, and its destroying my e-cigs. I've tried simple cases to hold the e-cig which works to some extent but I end up carrying way more stuff on me than I need.

So what I'm looking for is a PV with a little strength. I'm taking a good hard look at some of the big battery mods and while I like the Chuck, its a bit too big for my tastes. I need something that is going to hold up in a harsh environment so any suggestions would be great. I'd prefer something in 5v or adjustable but at this point I'm willing to accept anything that's going to hold up.

I dont think there is much out there that will stand up to old concrete dust. If you are having a problem keeping the ego out of harms way, i dont see where going bigger will help. What part of the ecig or the box mod is failing?

If its the switch, try the saber touch. If its the attys/cartos, doesnt matter what you have. Maybe wrap the ecig with saran wrap and just slit where the mouth piece is and use a condom cap from a carto to keep dust out of it while not being used? If the Chuck is too big, then most other big batt mods will more than likely be too big as well. I use a GLV2, which is relatively small, at least side by side with a saber. The pictures on the website are misleading.

Last edited:

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Hmmm. This is unique.

Perhaps, you might find that some of the flashlight mods would suit your needs. There have been a few of them (in the modding section) that were built from high end products... ie, waterproof, dust proof, etc.

Of course, it eventually comes down to the weakest link which would be the atty and it's connection to the body of the unit. But with a *sealed* flashlight-ish device, at least you could take most of the device (battery and perhaps the switch) out of the equation and just deal with the atty as you are now?

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
You are very welcome!

I also did one for the Saber Touch, if that is of interest to the thread....I really enjoy this mod too, and the switch is just outstanding.

YouTube - SABER TOUCH 5 v Regulated E Cig Mod

Buying mods can be real confusing, so by all means, never hesitate to ask questions.

Last edited:

joelongwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
East End of Long Island
You might want to check out "The Copper," made by Rick at Atmosusa.biz
It's basically a brass pipe with an atomizer attached.........no switch at all. It seems pretty damned indestructrible! It doers both 3.7v and 6v, depending on the batteries you use.
There are a number of very positive reviews on it. Here's one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36hTGMhWJAE
Good luck. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread