Not open for further replies.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
You used to smoke in the shower?? How is that possible? Why would you want to, don't you go into the shower trying to get the smoke smell off of you? I'm so confused about this.:confused:

I smoked for 29 years, at my worst I was smoking 2 packs a day. I have been analog free for over 6 months.

It's funny, when you are a smoker you never smell yourself reeking of cig smoke. Now, when I sit next to somebody that is a smoker, I say to myself GEEZ! Is that how I used to smell to?

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Would it be possible to build a waterproof PV?

Something that you could take into the shower with you or in a pool and if you would drop it, it would not be ruined.

I used to smoke analogs in the shower and I kind of miss it.:D

Thanks for your time.

LOL, Try this idea, take a large ziplock bag, put pv inside fill up with air and poke a vaping hole in it. May work until air is gone in bag.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Would it be possible to build a waterproof PV?

Something that you could take into the shower with you or in a pool and if you would drop it, it would not be ruined.

I used to smoke analogs in the shower and I kind of miss it.:D

Thanks for your time.

ahhh the good ol days. No more smoking in the shower or swimming pool now though :(:rolleyes:

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
ahhh the good ol days. No more smoking in the shower or swimming pool now though :(:rolleyes:

Oh Well, better off with out another nail in the coffin.
smoking-smiley-5419.gif

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
I have not gotten around to doing this myself yet but here is the idea with a diagram to help.

Parts needed would be clear rubber tubing.
I`ve seen this at Lowes just big enough the E-cig would fit loosely in.

Then some of the blow up valves off blow up stuff.
I`m thinking the little kids blow up things for swimming pools that fit on both arms. Seen them at cheap stores like The Dollar tree and Wal-Mart has them as well.

Now construct it something like the diagram below. Never made it myself and been wanting to try this for a while actually just keep forgetting.

WaterTightE-Cig.jpg

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
vaping while snorkeling, bet that would sell on Caribbean Cruises.
Snorkeling tour $75, with snorkel $100, with snorkel and inline ecig $150.

And then of course you would have to buy some of their snorkeljuice :)

The don't shower comment was to indicate take a tub bath, relax with a MOD sitting on the edge of the tub, of course only a properly vented mod so it won't blow all the bubbles out of the tub if you drop it in the water.

Naw, really was a Don't Shower comment :)
but I do like the waterproof idea.

Rocket

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
It all comes down to the requirement for airflow through the atty and the atty's resistance to water damage. Sealing the battery unit is not really a problem, but moisture is going to get sucked through the air inlet of the atty and if you drop it, the atty will get soaked. Of course, if you consider that a disposable / consumable part it's not really a problem at all. Just pot the whole device except the battery connector and the atty connector and use a sealed switch. Alternatively, pot the whole device and have a charging plug that you can cover / seal. As long as you fish it out of the water and dry it well, no permanent damage to the device, just a possible spent atty and ruined cart. (Although air drying the aty should bring it back, and you can refill carts) Plus, the atty gets hot enough to vaporize small amounts of water while you are using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread