A question on juices from a new vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashien

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2012
The Ozarks
Hey guys,

I just started vaping about a week and a half ago and I'm using a Legacy with a Vivi Nova and a 2.4 ohm head. When I got my setup I bought some 18mg Boba's Bounty and Gorilla juice which is 100% VG if I'm not mistaken. The taste, throat hit and amount of vapor are strong... almost too strong, but I like it.

Since then, I have started ordering a few sample packs and received two yesterday that are a few different bottles of 18mg 50/50 from 2 different vendors. Wow, what a difference, there is virtually no throat hit, and very little vapor. It sometimes seems as if I am not even vaping anything but I can taste the flavors a little, not much though.

I was under the impression that PG had more flavor and less vapor and VG was the opposite, less flavor and more vapor / throat hit. If I went to a 100% PG would it basically be just sucking air? Or is there something in my setup that could be causing this?

I was thinking that I might just need to let these 2 sample packs steep for a while, but it seems a bit weird to me that 12 different samples from 2 different vendors could be that way.

Thanks!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Typically the higher the PG, the more flavor and TH, but less vapor. Higher VG juices produce more vapor, but less harsh of a TH and reduced flavor. Boba's & Gorilla Juice are exceptional 100% VG juices....as they are really flavorful, at 18mg provided a satisfying TH for me, and the vapor production is off the charts.

It could just be the juices you bought this next time around....at 50/50 PG/VG, I've had some juices that have great TH and flavor, others that are much more mild and do better at 70% PG. Steeping may also help bring out the flavor a bit, so they would probably be worth coming back to after giving them some time just to see what has happened.

If you really are wanting that TH and flavor, I would increase the PG ratio in the next batch of juices you order. (unless they are the AVE juices...because like I said above, they are pretty incredible for 100% VG)

I'm not sure which sample packs/which vendors juices you ordered, or what the flavors are....but some flavors in general will provide more TH than others.

I'm not familiar with the Legacy, but I use the Vivi Nova regularly. I am inclined to say it is the juices though, if you didn't have that same experience with Boba's & Gorilla juice using the same set up.

I hope this helps a little. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What you describe does go against the grain of popular perception. You are correct that generally speaking PG should provide more flavor, and throat hit (although higher nicotine level contributes greatly here also). VG is noted to provide more vapor production and perhaps a slightly sweeter taste.
]
The way I would explain what you experienced is that Boba's and Gorilla Juice are pretty strong flavors in of themselves. You did not provide what vendors or flavors that you got the sample packs from, so there is no way for any of us that might have had experience with them that could provide some input or further insight.

Check out Vaporphoxxe (vaporphoxxe.com). They have a brick and mortar store, and each order is made by hand, their juices are incredibly flavorful, and unless requested otherwise are 100% VG. They have a plethora of flavors, and if you live nearby you can go into the store and try everything before you buy. They are excellent! They even have a Pizza flavored juice that is just unbelievable. I could never have believed that a flavor like that could exist, but it does, and it is AMAZING!

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
What baditude said. Sorry to say; some vendors juices are just lacking in a number of areas. As I tell any nubee that'l listen READ ALL THE JUICE REVIEWS. I vape VG heavy juice and they are very flavorful and 18mg/ml is plenty of throat hit for me. I also say if there's not enough throat hit, yer not takin' a big enough toke. I use Alien Visions, Heathers, Ikenvape (Mmmm RY4 Gold), Copper Creek and a few other vendors that offer VG/PG variations more to my liking. VG has great mouth feel, taste, and volumous vapor production and you WILL find yer all day vape in a PG/VG concentration that satisfies yer particular needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread