A question to the vets: Riva-T or Ego-T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAldo

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
London
I understand this might be a matter of personal taste, more than anything, but being unable/ to try both before hand, I have no idea where my taste should lead me.

I am going to get a tank kit which should last me one year. I really need to save money over time, so I'll stick to what I get in my first purchase. Just atomizers and eliquids, no modding and impulse shopping, not for the 1st year.

My question is, is there really any massive difference between eGO and Riva ?
Is there anything I should get with the kit, which might improve things considerably over the stock kit? (Dunno.. low resistance atomizers, for instance, I read some enthusiastic comments about those).

What I am looking at comparing is:
1) Reliability of components (I am committing to buying a kit and keep it 1 year+, while replacing only the indispensable)
2) Running cost (eliquid consumption, atomizers replacement frequency)
3) facility of operations, particularly for trying new juices and swapping cartridges on the go (I read some complains about leaking from cartridges in the pocket, with Ego, for instance)
4) last but not least, quality of vaping :)

Compatibility, so to expand the system, might be useful if I need spares, but it's not essential. Again, the plan is to buy and then stick with what I have. So, I'd rather take a very good kit than a lesser one which might become outstanding with tweaking, experimenting and modding.

I am comparing Ego-T and Riva 901-T, both with the highest capacity battery I will find. I'll try and go for the latest models, as I read that vapor production and device maintenance have been improved (well that's what marketing says.. uhh).
The only thing I understood, in my ignorance, is that Riva has an higher vattage, but I am not even sure if that's an advantage in all cases and with all juices.

I tried to understand what my needs are, that's what I need and like:
1) vaping all day, trying different juices while doing other things, when my schedule allows
2) Right now I am a full time dad, I take long walks with my kid and need always keep an eye on him, so something not too fiddly as for changing cartridges, refilling, is more than welcome

I am considering buying from China for saving money. If this is a no-no for any reason, coudl you please let me know?

If you think a Go-Go or other alternative is better for my needs, please tell me, I am slightly confused with the alternatives, so I went for the big names.

Thank you very much and sorry for the long post. I thought of putting all my doubts in one place.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes, it is a matter of personal taste, mostly...

I can only tell you what I use and like--the decision has to be yours and it has to be based on some experimentation.

If you are a brand new vaper and just starting out, don't even think about ordering from China. rdering from China makes sense, economically, once you know what you like and are ready to order large quantities. Otherwise, it's just not worth it. There are plenty of good and reasonably priced vendors in the UK who stand behind their products and will be willing to accept returns or exchanges in case you have problems with your hardware. I like Liberty Flights and use their US site often (use discount code ECR69 for 15% off). Also, visit the UK forum and ask for recommendations there UK Forum

I always recommend eGo or Riva batteries; they come in different sizes (from 650 mAh to 1100 mAh) and voltages (the eGos are ~3.4v regulated, the new Rivas are true 3.7v). I own and use and love them both. I wouldn't order the T series; you may not like the eGo-T atties. The batteries are all the same in the Rivas and eGos, the only difference is the 5-click feature that turns the battery on and off. If that is not critical to you, don't bother. Get a basic eGo 900 mAh kit (if you have to have larger capacity batteries) or a simple Riva carto deluxe kit. Make sure you get a wall adapter for your USB charger (either with your kit or a la carte).

If you like/want to try cartomizers, LR Boge (2.0Ω) are my favorite. I have recently tried the Smoktech single-coil 1.7Ω cartos (AKA Resurrectors) and I like them. The Resurrectors run a bit hotter than the Boges and hold 2 ml of eliquid (the Boges are 1 ml). I also like the Smoktech single-coil 2.0Ω and 2.5Ω cartos.

I also like eGo-C atomizers; they have an empty tank instead of a cart. A bit more complicated than a cartomizer, and requires some maintenance, but worth trying. They are technically a three-piece system: you fill the tank with ejuice, insert it into the atty cone, screw the atty cone onto the battery and vape! Not much harder than filling a carto... I think that the eGo-C system is better than the eGo-T, but if you want to try the T, order an atty or two and a box of tank cartridges (type B is better that type A).

Good luck and happy vaping!

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
A tank model is usually not recommended for new users. The tanks can be frustrating, as some of them leak. I would use an eGo or Riva 510 with the largest capacity batteries. I would also use cartomizers. An atomizer is good for liquid testing, but you have to refill the cartridges often. The large cartomizers do not have to be refilled as often. The large capacity batteries can also use low resistance stuff that give a better vape. Personally, I like and use the eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers, aka EMDCC. They hold lots of liquid and hit like a champ, but they may hit to hard for a new user. A lot of people also like the Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers, but they don't hold enough liquid to suit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread