A Reliable PV That Closely Resembles An Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Probably the best you're gonna do for a "cigarette sized" PV would be a 280 mAh kr808 D-1. Personlly though, I don't have a problem with using a big mod in public places. The worst that's ever happened with me is that it's started good conversations about smoking cessation with strangers.
EGo type PVs are more cigar sized. That may give you what you're looking for.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I use a GLV2 most of the time,but when I need to be discreet or when Im all dressed up I use a KR808d1 from V4L.I just take a few batts and cartos in a nice pretty case and it looks much nicer than whipping out a mod and dripping in it.There are times when something cig like is needed.The 808 works great,looks nice and I dont have to mess around with it,just vape.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
I use a GLV2 most of the time,but when I need to be discreet or when Im all dressed up I use a KR808d1 from V4L.I just take a few batts and cartos in a nice pretty case and it looks much nicer than whipping out a mod and dripping in it.There are times when something cig like is needed.The 808 works great,looks nice and I dont have to mess around with it,just vape.

Thanks for replying. That's just what I was looking for. I attend several functions a month, often time there are seniors and/or children present. For those times, I just want to blend in with the parking lot smokers. I'd end up spending too much time explaining that it's a PV and not a crack pipe. I also have an eGo, but it's still not discreet enough.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
Depends what you mean by "reliable." If you're just looking for something that works, just about any dealer on the forum sells good quality stuff. If you mean you want something that will last as long as your Chuck, you won't find it.

I beg to differ. I had a Blu once and sometimes the battery would die after 15 minutes. For me "reliable" means a battery that will keep it's run time consistently. Not die in 15 min, when it should last an hour.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
Probably the best you're gonna do for a "cigarette sized" PV would be a 280 mAh kr808 D-1. Personlly though, I don't have a problem with using a big mod in public places. The worst that's ever happened with me is that it's started good conversations about smoking cessation with strangers.
EGo type PVs are more cigar sized. That may give you what you're looking for.

Thanks, but in this case, I just want to blend in and not attract too much attention.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I beg to differ. I had a Blu once and sometimes the battery would die after 15 minutes. For me "reliable" means a battery that will keep it's run time consistently. Not die in 15 min, when it should last an hour.

OK.... 15 min is not reliable. Actually, that sounds downright defective and I probably would have sent it back for replacement. However, my main point was that you won't find anything cigarette sized with the battery life of your chuck. Don't expect more than 2-3 hours tops. It seems like you're expecting that though and are willing to make the trade for the "blend in" factor.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Super mini's look the most like analogs. You need to find one with good auto switch and can use cartos on.

I happen to really like super minis for out and about in social situations. At least to people that know nothing about vaping won't be thinking I'm doing drugs like everyone does when they first see me using a mod.

Having said that, I enjoy my blu with 306 cartos. However I would suggest a volcano with 306 cartos. They seem like a better company and have a smart pcc and orange led's.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
OK.... 15 min is not reliable. Actually, that sounds downright defective and I probably would have sent it back for replacement. However, my main point was that you won't find anything cigarette sized with the battery life of your chuck. Don't expect more than 2-3 hours tops. It seems like you're expecting that though and are willing to make the trade for the "blend in" factor.

I hear you. Actually, I would be happy with two hours that I could count on. I realize that it will never equal my Chuck, sorry to mislead. These functions I attend rarely go more than 3hrs and vaping time is limited to brief stints in the parking lot, so two hours of battery life is plenty.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
Super mini's look the most like analogs. You need to find one with good auto switch and can use cartos on.

I happen to really like super minis for out and about in social situations. At least to people that know nothing about vaping won't be thinking I'm doing drugs like everyone does when they first see me using a mod.

Having said that, I enjoy my blu with 306 cartos. However I would suggest a volcano with 306 cartos. They seem like a better company and have a smart pcc and orange led's.

Thanks for the tip. I really enjoyed my Blu when it was working. It totally fit the bill. What turned me off was the unreliability of the battery. Maybe I got a bad batch I don't know, but I didn't want to take any more chances, so I upgraded to an eGo and later a Chuck.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
eGo!

bwahahhahaha j/k

I think the Joye 510 hits better than the rest, and at 3.2v it probably lets some flavors sing truer than genuine 3.7v devices do. Mrs. Doctor Vapenstein owns a 510 and a smart PCC and I don't hate it, plus the PCC keeps a charge on your batts when you're out and about. My $.02

Thanks Dude, do you like vaping at 6v? I just got my first taste of Halo's Torque 56 and it I think it may just be "The One".

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Thanks Dude, do you like vaping at 6v? I just got my first taste of Halo's Torque 56 and it I think it may just be "The One".

I haven't been compelled to get the batteries to do 6v on my Copper yet. My feeling is that a LR atty kind of steps on the flavor of a lot of juice, so it follows that 6v would be even more so. I admit, the sizzle of a LR atty is very appealing, and I always keep a couple around, so I can see why people dig high voltage. I tend to vape stouter tobacco juices, and I generally like them best at 3.7v.

BsgD68

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
I haven't been compelled to get the batteries to do 6v on my Copper yet. My feeling is that a LR atty kind of steps on the flavor of a lot of juice, so it follows that 6v would be even more so. I admit, the sizzle of a LR atty is very appealing, and I always keep a couple around, so I can see why people dig high voltage. I tend to vape stouter tobacco juices, and I generally like them best at 3.7v.

No doubt, the taste of some liquids is definitely diminished at 6v. That's why I like Torque, it may even be designed with HV mind, but I can't say for sure. Happy Vaping!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI

Not so my friend. The LR lacks flavor merely because most LR attys kinda suck in my experience. 510s in general are not the greatest flavor producers. Of course, I say that as I'm enjoying a rich full bodied vape on an Ikenvape 510 drip style carto.
I generally use cartos most of the day now but drip in the mornings on either my 5V GLV2 or my variable voltage Buzz set somewhere in the vicinity of 4.5 to 4.8 volts. Some flavors don't even come to life until you hit 4 volts. I keep the Buzz set that way because in the mornings I like a sweet vape to go with my coffee. I find that 4.5 volts on a 2.5 ohm atty or 4.8 volts on a 3 ohm atty is where my English Toffee or Tarimasu flavors blossom to their fullest.

Hygroscopic

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
United States
I'd end up spending too much time explaining that it's a PV and not a crack pipe.

:?:

Apparently they don't know what a crack pipe looks like then. :laugh:

If it has to be analog I'll co-sign on the KR808 referrals with a PCC if you are a heavy vaper.

There have been good things said about the LEO, which with the brown reminded me of a cigar smoker.

If you are okay with something small and not analog shaped, then a 650+ mAh eGo might work out if you are looking for a LR vape with a 306. The 900 for small and medium hands is a little too long to palm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread