The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A "Reparable" eGo Drip Atty? Meet the Cannon!... Discuss!

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by tygertyger, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tygertyger

tygertyger Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

No affiliation, just found this very interesting when I stumbled across it. I wondered if anyone's heard of it, or better yet, tried it. Apparently, it's pretty new, but maybe someone else has had something similar out for a while? Curious to hear the veterans weigh in on this one, though with my newfound love for dripping, I think I'm intrigued enough to give it a whirl!

(Their shipping is CHEAP.... I did a "test" order to check and the cheapest option was $3.40 from Tennessee (presumably) to BC! I never mind waiting a little longer to save on pricey shipping rates.)

Mountain Oak Vapors - MOV Cannon: Repairable eGo Dripping Atomizer

2. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Why do I want to drip when I can use an RBA with a tank?

3. Mindfield

Mindfield Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    Looks kind of like the iMist atomizer. It doesn't look so much like it's repairable as it simply has replaceable heads, ala Vivi Nova/Stardust 2/etc. In which case an RBA is still a better idea.

4. tomaKBRN

tomaKBRN Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2012
    Puerto Rico
    X2
    cool concept but IMO this is just one of the products that many people will buy just because is "new" or "innovative"
    you could just go with a tank for the same price I think.

5. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    I like the idea, the replacements are slightly less than getting a new atomizer. Only issue I have is it's a single vendor solution, and I'd rather wait for at least one off-site review.

6. junkman

junkman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    Louisville
    I got this from got gotvapes a while ago. It its nicely made but, the draw is extremely airy and the tip is to wide for my taste. I find it uncomfortable because the tip but others may be ok with it. Flavor was ok, not s good as an RBA with as mesh though. It does work as designed.

The tank/wick portion will eventually need replaced

7. BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Etobicoke, Ontario
    its a modified ego-c for dripping...

my gripe with this industry, replaceable does not equal repairable.

8. tygertyger

*You* probably don't! lol ;) But I've come to really like the whole dripping ritual. It's my reward for getting through the day. Though there is a lot of support for the idea that RBA is the way to go.

Agreed.... it's a loose intpretation of the word "repairable". Still, at $2.99, the heads run cheaper than most dripping/able atomizers, and the unit itself is only the price of 2-3 of them (depending where you get them and what you get), so if it's enjoyable to use it could be economical after the third month (based on the estimate of a head lasting a month)

Well, you're going to get your review. I've decided this will be my Christmas gift to *me*. I've ordered one of the Cannons to test and see, and having considered all the advice you all shared, I also sprung for their very reasonable Phoenix-ish RBA ($8.99!). It's a very cheap and simple one, but hopefully it will be a good place to start, and if I decide to get something better down the road, it'll be easy to clean thoroughly and PIF to a new vaper who wants to get into rebuildables.

Thanks for weighing in, everyone!

9. junkman

Aug 24, 2012
    Louisville
    I will be interested in your review and see if it matches with my opinion. I think it would be much better if they made some different mouthpieces for it and as I said earlier, the mouthpiece/tank part will need to be replaced eventually but I haven't seen them on offer. Gotvapes claimed that they would eventually make them available, but at this point I don't use it anyway so I don't know if they are now offering it.

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=148_216&products_id=1228

They have a video review there as well you might want to check

10. tygertyger

Thanks for the additional info. I'm guessing that if you need to replace the mouthpiece/tank, you'd just buy a new unit altogether and get the head as part and parcel. Something about the GotVapes writeup on the product caught my eye though:

"As is, you do not necessarily recoil the atomizer in this unit, instead you purchase replacement atomizer units, individually packaged and screw into the eGo threaded base."

You do not necessarily recoil? Is that to say that you *can*? I wonder. Though for the price of the new heads, perhaps it's not worth the fiddling. But I'm curious....

Anyway, the video was cool.... makes me wonder if something like that might be easier for my neighbor to master and use unsupervised than the eGo-W setup I started her with. We'll see....

11. recidivus

recidivus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2012
    Canada
    Looking at the top down pic I'd say re-coiling that thing would not be worth the hassle.

12. RollandOfGilead

RollandOfGilead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Kingston, On, Canada
  13. tygertyger

Yup.... that's a labor of love. After watching that, I'm thinking you only do that if you really enjoy tinkering with your stuff and/or enjoy the pride of knowing you did it. For the price of replacement heads, I doubt I'd bother. Thanks for the link!

---- edit ----

on second thought, I could see doing this so that you can use cotton. For that reason alone, perhaps I'll try it.... we'll see

14. junkman

Aug 24, 2012
    Louisville
    Well, looking at the atomizer, I don't think I could recoil it. But maybe it is possible, as I am sure they were coiled by some Chinese hands originally. There is some mesh packed around the outside of the coil that if removed may give a better look, but I can't see where the leads are, and the metal and ceramic? around the coil leaves little room.

I would say my DUD and AGA-T would be orders of magnitude easier to coil.

15. junkman

Aug 24, 2012
    Louisville
  16. junkman

Aug 24, 2012
    Louisville
    So, where is the review?

17. tygertyger

Sorry! Still waiting on delivery... the last tracking entry indicates it left the US via Miami on November 26th. I suspect Customs is the hold up, but there's no juice in the order so I'm hoping it shows up early this week. You can bet I'll be tearing into that package the moment it arrives though ;)

18. tygertyger

OK.... first impressions:
    I've only had time for a few little tastes, but so far, I concur with some comments I've seen on here:

1. Looks beautiful and appears well made. Threading is very smooth and looks great on my Twist.
    2. Draw is too airy. When I cover one of the air holes with a finger while vaping, it improves somewhat.
    3. Flavor is muted. I tried dripping three different juices I'm familiar with and surprisingly the mid-strength cinnamon heart flavor was most muted of all!
    4. Medium vapor at 3.7-3.8v. I think I expected clouds, but they're just not there. It's certainly not thin, but not the thick vapes the little atties give me. Twisting it up to 4.4v did produce thicker vapes, but not all juices liked the extra power. The cinnamon did come through stronger at the higher voltage though.
    4. Drip tip is huge.... I could live with that if I was super-impressed with the rest, but this thing really wants a smaller tip.

So far, I think I'll stick with my 510 and 306 atties for dripping.... but I still want to try out the tank that came with it, and try it out on the Lambo at higher voltages. If that works well and gives at least the results I'm getting dripping, I can see using it as it does look awfully nice and sleek. However, I suspect I'll be very choosy about which juices I use as the flavor seems to be lessened. Not a horrible atty, just not quite what I'd hoped so far. More testing and opinionated prattling will follow....

19. tygertyger

Vaping it with the tank now..... using the tank cools the vape significantly! Don't think this will become a favorite in my vape kit. Not sorry I tried it though!

20. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    Me thinks it time for you to start reviewing on Youtube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.