• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A "Reparable" eGo Drip Atty? Meet the Cannon!... Discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tygertyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Fraser Valley, BC, Canada
Me thinks it time for you to start reviewing on Youtube.

I've been thinking about it and actually set up a channel as a test ground.... thanks for the encouragement :)
None of my own content there yet, but there will be:
http://www.youtube.com/user/tygervapes

I've got a weekly spot on cvcn.ca now too! It's late for you, but if you're up being a night owl tomorrow night, please stop by as we're giving away a SmokTech Telescope and VMax V2 courtesy of Eastside Vapes!
Catch me on KittyKorner at 9-11 PST (midnight-2am EST)

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
OK.... first impressions:
I've only had time for a few little tastes, but so far, I concur with some comments I've seen on here:

1. Looks beautiful and appears well made. Threading is very smooth and looks great on my Twist.
2. Draw is too airy. When I cover one of the air holes with a finger while vaping, it improves somewhat.
3. Flavor is muted. I tried dripping three different juices I'm familiar with and surprisingly the mid-strength cinnamon heart flavor was most muted of all!
4. Medium vapor at 3.7-3.8v. I think I expected clouds, but they're just not there. It's certainly not thin, but not the thick vapes the little atties give me. Twisting it up to 4.4v did produce thicker vapes, but not all juices liked the extra power. The cinnamon did come through stronger at the higher voltage though.
4. Drip tip is huge.... I could live with that if I was super-impressed with the rest, but this thing really wants a smaller tip.

So far, I think I'll stick with my 510 and 306 atties for dripping.... but I still want to try out the tank that came with it, and try it out on the Lambo at higher voltages. If that works well and gives at least the results I'm getting dripping, I can see using it as it does look awfully nice and sleek. However, I suspect I'll be very choosy about which juices I use as the flavor seems to be lessened. Not a horrible atty, just not quite what I'd hoped so far. More testing and opinionated prattling will follow....

Yeah, the tip is way to big and the draw is way too airy. Flavor ok, not impressive. Build and looks A+. Vapor volume was good on mine, but maybe I didn't expect as much as you expect. Otherwise your review pretty much my reflects my exact feelings. Sorry I wasn't wrong though. :(

Projectguy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Oakville, ON
I've been thinking about it and actually set up a channel as a test ground.... thanks for the encouragement :)
None of my own content there yet, but there will be:
Tyger Katt - YouTube

I've got a weekly spot on cvcn.ca now too! It's late for you, but if you're up being a night owl tomorrow night, please stop by as we're giving away a SmokTech Telescope and VMax V2 courtesy of Eastside Vapes!
Catch me on KittyKorner at 9-11 PST (midnight-2am EST)

I will be there

I have had a cannon for about 2 months. I concur with others about many aspects of it. It is extremely well made and easy to drip (because of the big tip). It is indeed airy, more so than anything I've tried. I think it may appeal to a cigar smoker both because of the larger tip and the airy draw. It does also seem to mute the flavor, partly because it's so airy. For some reason it also gives a burnt taste long before the juice is gone. Cranking the voltage up when first dripping it gives nice clouds of vapor, but must be reduced once it stops gurgling to avoid the burnt taste. It destroys subtle flavors but performs well with strong ones. I'm not sorry I tried this, but it's among my least favorites. I will likely dedicate it to a single candy or coffee vape. I haven't had to replace the head yet, but it could not be simpler to do so. I don't think the coil could be easily rebuilt and for 2.99 why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread