A rig for hookah smoker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

veexer

Apr 30, 2016
Poland
Hello. I'm a long time hookah smoker, smoking everyday for several hours. I was thinking about trying out the electronic way, i'd like to have something that can imitate hookah well,makes big clouds and is also portable (to have possiblity of smoking while walking, rollerskating) My first thought was Starbuzz E-Hose MINI. but i've read somewhere that you can build better device for the money.

Could you introduce me to the topic/help build a rig? Thanks!

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @veexer. Glad to have you here!:)

Several questions for you:
  1. When you smoke hookah do you draw the smoke directly into your lungs or do you draw the smoke into your mouth first and then inhale it into your lungs.?
  2. Are you looking for something that contains an internal battery or one that uses an 18650 cell that you charge on an external charger?
  3. Do you have access to e-liquid in the country where you live? (i.e. update your profile)
______

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping.
Nicotine

A "general guideline" for nicotine concentration in e-liquid to the number of cigarettes smoked per day. If you are subohming (resistance under 1.0Ω) cut these nicotine levels by at least 50%.

06 mg = 10 cigarettes or less
12 mg = 20 cigarettes
18 mg = 30 cigarettes
24 mg = 40 cigarettes

eLiquid/Juice

PG = Propylene Glycol - the "flavor carrier" of e-liquid. A secondary source of "throat hit", but not as strong as the nicotine concentration. Some people have a sensitivity or even an allergy to PG. It's very thin.

VG = Vegetable Glycerin - the "vapor maker" of e-liquid. Used as a sweeter in many food sources, and also as a skin emollient. It's very thick. Often labeled just "Glycerine"

PG and VG are often used together in different ratios in e-liquid. For example, a 50/50 PG/VG ratio. Many juice vendors offer a range of different ratios as far as PG/VG.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7sixtwo

veexer

Apr 30, 2016
Poland
Hello! :)
1. I usually take smoke deep into my lungs for several seconds to create big clouds when exhaling, also a big fan of making circles
2. I'm definitely looking for something with internal battery i can plug into a wall/pc and recharge
3. Yes i have access to liquids in my country, but i heard its better to make your own ones from the beginning (?)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
For a mod consider:
The mAh stands for milli-Ampere-hours and indicates how much electric charge the battery can provide. The higher the mAh, the longer your battery will last before it needs charging.

In general (but not always true) the more watts you use the more vapor you will inhale/exhale. And the more watts you vape at the warmer the vapor will be. In order to use high wattage you need a tank that takes coils that are suitable for high wattage vaping. There is no internal battery mod that provides more than 70 watts (that I can recall).

For a tank maybe consider:
The Toptank Mini comes with an RBA base (should you wish to rebuild your own coils).

I'll post back later tonight once I have time to gather some DIY links. In the meantime go out to youtube and see some reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: defdock

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
can i ask, how big is the difference between this 130$ setup,
and 40$ Starbuzz e-hose mini?
I have no idea because most of us here were cigarette smokers and I have never smoked a hookah or used a product like the Starbuzz e-hose mini.

Look at some youtube reviews on the hookah product and compare the amount of vapor from it to the vapor from something like the toptank mini (if you want to do tricks & o's).

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
Okay, thanks for information.
The complete cost of set i'd have to buy, would be around 130$

can i ask, how big is the difference between this 130$ setup,
and 40$ Starbuzz e-hose mini?

Coming from being a hooka smoker myself I wouldn't suggest the starbuzz products. I've tried them a few times. They really aren't that great and don't really produce much vapor.

For a tank something with a decent amount of air flow provides more of a hooka like experience. I have the kanger subtank nano, the top tanks are the same but with a much more convient top fill. Though if I had to do it over I'd have gotten the mini version for the rba. Even if you don't plan to rebuild now it's nice to have the option later. I've also used a friend's a Aspire Atlantis several times and like it as well.

I haven't looked at mods with built in batteries in a while, but anything with 50+ Watts should be fine. I believe the coolfire 4 plus all ready mentioned would fit the bill, and when in doubt go with more Watts, if you have them an don't use them no problem.

Also when it comes to juice you'll probably want to go with higher VG, I tend to go with 70%-80% VG. They tend to give more of the hookah feel while still wicking enough to let me hit it fairly constantly.

Reactions: Izan

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
I have to object slightly to two suggestions offered in this thread.

1. Imo, there's no reason to buy the older Coolfire 4 Plus, when the Coolfire TC 100W is out, (it just has more capabilities, period).

2. Kanger tanks leak more than others. Don't buy em. There are superior alternatives.

Reactions: MMW and Izan

veexer

Apr 30, 2016
Poland
I have to object slightly to two suggestions offered in this thread.

1. Imo, there's no reason to buy the older Coolfire 4 Plus, when the Coolfire TC 100W is out, (it just has more capabilities, period).

2. Kanger tanks leak more than others. Don't buy em. There are superior alternatives.

"superior alternatives"? could you please tell me something more about those?

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
"superior alternatives"? could you please tell me something more about those?

Sure. If you don't want to buy multiple toppers, imo, the best "does it all" one is the Aromamizer V2, (6ml juice capacity). It's got a great velocity deck for building your own coils, (which is easy, and will give you wonderful, customizable results), and you can buy OEM dual coils for it as well.

If you don't mind buying more, (and we all end up with several), RDA's provide the absolute best flavor and clouds, (so many good ones on the market atm), and any tank that can use an Aspire coil, (there are over 20, and I can provide a list), is great with a Vaporesso ccell coil, (or Triton clapton), to take out and about with you.

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread