• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A second UK Petition, on the No 10 site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Another UK petition is open, this time on the No 10 Downing Street site.

This is a rather brief, but entirely valid petition on the number 10 petition site.

You may also sign this one (British citizens only) and the URL is

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ecigarettes/

When you have entered your details, you will receive an email with a link to click on to authenticate your signature and then it is added.

Best,

C.

Last edited:

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I believe that ex-pats can also sign. Is that right?

Could you check the rules on the website for us Planet - I would have thought British citizens, wherever they were, could sign.

Best,

C.

YES there is a drop down list for expats and other Brits currently out of the UK.
If you're an expatriate, you're in an overseas territory, a Crown dependency or in the Armed Forces without a postcode, please select from this list:

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
ooops I mean Jury hehehehe!(or do I) Ahh I... I mean to say is I hope they don't read petitions and put the people on it on the short list for Jury service hehe!!

Nah, I think the opposite might be true, Tribal! :)

~ M'Lud, we simply cannot have these stroppy b's adjudicatin' this delicate matter....

~ Objection sustained!

:D

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
ooops I mean Jury hehehehe!(or do I) Ahh I... I mean to say is I hope they don't read petitions and put the people on it on the short list for Jury service hehe!!

Ha ha Tribals. They got you now. Believe it or not i got a letter two weeks ago telling me i had been selected for Jury Duty. You can turn it down on Medical grounds or other circumstances. My Doc was going to write a letter saying i was Crazy but i'm now going to change the reason to "Can't concentrate without Nicotine and as Cigarettes are Banned in Public places and my E-Cig is about to be i will be ineligible or whoever is on Trial is Innocent if the rest of the Jury say Guilty and vica versa.

On a more important subject, have you read this ?
Nicotine replacement therapy - New extended indication and consultation - NeLM

So it's Big Pharma who are responsible for the recent developments.
Read very carefully and they have covered everything we could argue against. The fact that we all no they don't work seems to be beside the point. This Company, Johnson & Johnson have £Billions and they want more.

Jackie P

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Hull, UK
ukvapers.com
Ha ha Tribals. They got you now. Believe it or not i got a letter two weeks ago telling me i had been selected for Jury Duty. You can turn it down on Medical grounds or other circumstances. My Doc was going to write a letter saying i was Crazy but i'm now going to change the reason to "Can't concentrate without Nicotine and as Cigarettes are Banned in Public places and my E-Cig is about to be i will be ineligible or whoever is on Trial is Innocent if the rest of the Jury say Guilty and vica versa.

LOL! That would have to be the best excuse ever. :lol:

Tribal I think Dury service sounds far more enticing than Jury service. :D

As for the pharma company, it's no huge surprise but it's still absolutely sickening. :(

Caesarea

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2009
UK
Another UK petition is open, this time on the No 10 Downing Street site.

This is a rather brief, but entirely valid petition on the number 10 petition site.

You may also sign this one (British citizens only) and the URL is

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ecigarettes/

When you have entered your details, you will receive an email with a link to click on to authenticate your signature and then it is added.

Best,

C.

Back to business!

:)

121 signatures - are you one of them or are you gonna act today?

:)

googled

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2009
ukvapers.com
Well, a lot of UK vapers here may not know about it. This subforum is a pain in the bum to find even when you know it's here. It's three branches deep from the main forum.

Regarding the petition. The upcoming legislation is directed towards e-liquid and not e-cigarettes (the devices), the legislation is also calling for licensing and not banning. I know it's only wording and effectively bans e-liquid made in the UK if no suppliers receive licenses (the document estimates 50% or 22 companies will) but politicians would look at that and think : "It's not being banned, it's being licensed..next".

This section caught my eye with regard to leaving the untouchable tobacco alone :

7. If a decision is made to regulate unlicensed NCPs, manufacturers of unlicensed NCPs
wishing to continue their presence on the market would have to go through the process of
licensing those products. This would bring into regulation a range of products, such as
electronic cigarettes containing nicotine and nicotine gels, which have not previously been
caught by regulation. There would also be a challenge to ensure that we capture within
regulation nicotine containing products without impacting on tobacco products.

Last edited:

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Well, a lot of UK vapers here probably don't even know about it. This subforum is a pain in the bum to find even when you do know about it.

Regarding the petition. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the upcoming legislation directed towards e-liquid and not e-cigarettes (the devices) and isn't it also attempting to get e-liquid licensed and not banned? I know it's only wording and effectively bans e-liquid if no suppliers achieved licensing but politicians would look at that and think : "It's not being banned, it's being licensed..next"

This section caught my eye with regard to leaving the untouchable tobacco alone :

7. If a decision is made to regulate unlicensed NCPs, manufacturers of unlicensed NCPs
wishing to continue their presence on the market would have to go through the process of
licensing those products. This would bring into regulation a range of products, such as
electronic cigarettes containing nicotine and nicotine gels, which have not previously been
caught by regulation. There would also be a challenge to ensure that we capture within
regulation nicotine containing products without impacting on tobacco products.

Which document is that 7. taken from googled ? I have about 4 pdf's from the MHRA each contradicting the former. They seem to be making it up as they go along.

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
Why are UK Citizens and Residents NOT signing this Petition which is direct to Downing Street. There are only 113 of us who have signed. There are enough UK Vapers to make this number 113,000.
GET IT SIGNED.
Petition to: Quash the upcoming policy to ban electronic cigarettes. | Number10.gov.uk
Despite there being a large notice to go to the petitions at the top of every page of this forum, it just doesn't seem to be having the impact it should for some odd reason.

Just 212 views for this topic alone and a mere 30 for the other one on the No.10 petition, and the sticky at the top of the Campaigning forum for "UK - proposed regulation of e-cigs - petition - Further action...." having a mere 178 views is, well, just pathetic in my opinion. Sorry, I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on this forum but it is rather disappointing! On the other hand, the "UK Regulation of E-Cigs - Petition" in this forum has had 6,048 views. So where are all the people who could sign the Number10.gov.uk petition?

According to 2 UK suppliers, they each have 350,000 and 100,000 (I think?) customers. How valid those figures are, I don't know, but if it's true then Deewal's estimate of 113,000 potential signatures isn't too overestimated by any means.

I hope I won't be shot or receive an infraction 8-o for saying that there is a lot of highly invaluable info on the proposed UK bans on the UKVapers forum in the forum for "Health and Legal Matters" here: Health and Legal Matters - UK Vapers, (and with a lot more views as well). There are 15 topics (two of which are very active) about the MHRA's propsal with a total of 694 replies between them all. Maybe it's because the forum is dedicated to the UK rather than being worldwide like most of the others.

Out of all the forums - and with no absolutely no disrespect to ANY of them - the discussions on UKVapers are without doubt, to me at any rate, the most indepth ones I've yet seen on any forum. The digging into every aspect of the ins and outs of it all and coming up with a variety of absolutely excellent strategies and links to documents and sources of info is astounding work on the part of the contributing members there, and are second to none compared to what I personally have seen elsewhere (admittedly, I may well have missed posts elsewhere even though I've tried to search for them). The topics and posts are not only about signing petitions but also about how to deal with letters to the MHRA et al, which is just as important if not more so. There may not be that many members there, but I sincerely applaud the hard work the few who do participate there are putting into it.

I personally think the topics on the UKVapers forum deserve all UK vapers to at least have a read of all that's being said, even if some of it may sound a bit over our heads - if nothing else, it may help to better inform people on what it's all about and what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread