A small slice of heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
I got my very first REO today. I absolutely love this thing so far. I purchased it second hand. Just had a few questions and I'm hoping you REOnauts can help me out.

I didn't get the o-ring that goes underneath the RM2. That is just to adjust where the airhole will end up?

The previous owner decided to ship it with about a mL worth of juice still left in the bottle which leaked everywhere. I gave it a good cleaning and it vapes like a champ. But I still taste the juice the previous owner was vaping. I've soaked the tube and bottle. Took out the o-ring. Still lingering. I've put some unflavored in there and that's what I'm vaping now. Hopefully that will help. But if you have any tips/tricks I'm all ears.

Is there anything that I NEED to know? Anything I NEED to purchase as accessories or anything? I've gone through most of the stickies. Watched a ton of vids from a few members on this forum. They've been helpful. Proud to be a Reo owner.

Thanks everyone!

REO1.jpg

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I forget the diameter of the O-ring but the thickness will be 1 to 1.5 mm a 1 may work but you may need the 1.5 to get the right alignment I did. now the juice issue wash the whole mod under hot water take the o-ring out of the bottle top and wash it and inside the lid real well Most juices this will work for you some you may need to change the o-ring tubing and bottle

welcome to Reoville :)

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Congrats on the new Reo!!!
The o-ring is also to keep juice from seeping under the rm2 and into the drip well. Some use it, some don't. I personally prefer having it in there.
Sounds like your on the right track with the soaking and vaping unflavored. If all else fails you can buy a bottle and tube from Rob.
I would go ahead and pick up a rebuild kit. It'll have the spare bottle, tube, spring, o-rings, reducer tube and a few other things as well if I remember right. Always good to have some extra parts around just in case.

Enjoy!!!! :D

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Welcome to the club Blem, sweet looking Reo you've got there!

The o-ring is used to both adjust the position of the air hole and prevent seepage from the 510, some don't need it.

The only thing I've found that helps remove strong flavors is 91% Isopropyl alcohol or PGA.

First, I fill the bottle with alcohol and lightly squeeze the bottle a few times so that a little comes out of the 510 and let that sit for a few minutes, then I soak the RM2 and the o-ring (from the bottle) for a few, rinse everything very well and blow some water through the tube several times, dry everything out and you should be good to go.
You might still have some residual flavor but it should fade, if not, rinse & repeat.

As far as accessories, I'd grab 1 or 2 springs, a couple of bottles, a couple o-rings, maybe some spare RM2 screws.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Nice looking mod Blem. That's too bad that the previous owner didn't clean it out before shipping. I'm really sensitive to any flavored juice taste / smell, so I feel your pain. With the suggestions above it should diminish especially over time.

I have found that juices like cinnamon and pluid can be extremely difficult to remove. I have bought 2 high end RBAs with these juices in them and It took several boilings in water and dawn to completely remove them. I don't know if it is a good idea to boil an assembled REO though.

But like the others have said, you can wash the REO in very hot soapy water and replace the parts that had contact with the previous juice.

Congrats and welcome :)

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm still in the honeymoon phase with my REO. I'm finding the draw to be a bit tight since I'm use to a 1/16 airhole, but I don't want to mess with the RM2 just yet.

I drilled mine out before even using it Ive no regrets :lol:

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
Well now you've got me wanting pizza for breakfast!

Having some arcing/spark issues today. I gave the REO a thorough cleaning last night to try and get rid of the smell of bananas. Filed the firing pin a little and then remembered I have no noalox. I doubt my small town will have any but I'll be on a mad hunt for some today.

Also in my future will be some button top AW's. All I have right now are flat top Efests.

I want this Reo to perform to its fullest.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Having some arcing/spark issues today. I gave the REO a thorough cleaning last night to try and get rid of the smell of bananas. Filed the firing pin a little and then remembered I have no noalox. I doubt my small town will have any but I'll be on a mad hunt for some today.

Also in my future will be some button top AW's. All I have right now are flat top Efests.

I want this Reo to perform to its fullest.

You do need button top AW IMRs....and you can get them at RTD Vapor AW Batteries. While you're there, you can order some Noalox (he carries it)....and use ECF5 at the checkout for 5% discount......

buzzkill657

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
United States
I'd say pick up the things mentioned above and while yer there you might as well get your second Reo and another Rm2 too. Congrats and enjoy if you need any help we are here for you. And don't forget to post in the Reo Roll Call we need more Hoosiers in there.

Did someone say Hoosiers. I'm close to fort Wayne and my reopen should be here on friday

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY

Pizza for breakfast is the best ..... Unless I have a hangover then I prefer a nice greasy hamburger.
Really there are all kinds of crazy hangover remedies out there but a big greasy burger (not that fast food crap) works every time.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Did someone say Hoosiers. I'm close to fort Wayne and my reopen should be here on friday

I'm in Marion. When you get it post pix and let us know how you like it. If you have any problems. There is always someone here to help. Hey if need be I can meet up with you somewhere between us and we can work it out together. Did you get the RM2 also.

ETA Don't you hate auto spell correct.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Just wanted to update Reoville. I got an AW 18650. Also got some noalox.

Now I'm truly in vape heaven. It performs so much better with a dab of noalox and an AW in there.

Still debating if I want to drill out the airhole on the RM2. hmm.

I would :D

Just don't blame me if ya don't like it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread