Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I hadn't seen much on either mod, so decided to get both and see if they are suitable.
When the mods arrived, I was very surprised at how similar and light they were.
The Tesla weighs 67g while the Rader is hardly a porker at 84g. My VT167 is 228g. All the weights are empty, no tank or batteries.
The Tesla is some sort of plastic and has a soft touch feel to it. I like it. The Rader is nylon.
The Tesla has a better battery compartment in that it uses 'button' contact while the Rader has the bent brass strips.
No idea what chip runs either one except to say they are not Evolv or Yihi.
However, they are both performing well in my use, TC using SS430.
Both read my coils exactly the same and the same as my DNA mods.
Neither tell you if you should lock resistance, but since they both will lock resistance I do.
Time to set TCR, wattage, and temp.

To set TCR on the Rader, first you press the fire button 3 times to get the mode to flash. Then you use the +/- buttons to scroll through the options. Wait, there's no TCR selection. Back to the very poor manual. I guessed that I needed to be in SS316 mode then press all three buttons. Bingo, here's a TCR setting with 0.0009 in it. Ok, so no way to input the exact TCR, so I changed it to 0.0014 (SS430 is 0.00138). Screwed on an OBS Engine, very nice vape.

Temp 'felt' right in that it was not too hot and did not continue to heat up. There was a temperature protection message flashed on the display as I would expect.

There is a problem with the manual TCR settings on the Rader.
First, you can't input the exact value because of how they have configured the settings.
Second, the value you set will change back to the default whenever you change batteries or power settings. For me, the vape becomes weak, so I looked and it was back to the 9. Not a huge deal, just bump it back to 14 and all is well. Once you know it, it is an annoyance, not a deal breaker.

Setting TCR on the Tesla was direct. Select TCR, input the value, vape. You can put the exat value into the Tesla and it stays over swapping batteries.

Menu system is more complete and much easier to use on the Tesla.

Vape is great on this mod too, just like I found on the Rader.

For me and my vaping style, both are nice mods that I will continue to use.
Both feel much better in my hand than other dual battery mods, likely due to weight, but the shape has something to do with it too.

Looks? Well, I think they are both nice, but would choose the Telsa if I had to keep only one.

Screens? I like them both. The Rader has both cells voltage and the voltage applied to the coil along with a puff count.. The Tesla has less technical info. Both have what you need to vape on them. Wattage, battery level, resistance, temperature.

As far as I can tell, the Tesla doesn't need a firmware update, it's fine as it stands. The Rader though needs the TCR menu reworked. Definitely usable, just would like the issues I see fixed.

Note that I don't use wattage mode, the stock Ni, Ti, or SS316 settings. I vape 40-60W TC at 420-460F on dual coil tanks.

If they were the same price, I'd pick the Tesla. For me, both were under USD 35

Long post, sorry. Others will have the details about chips, max power, 510 connectors, etc.
I just wanted to give a little info and my experience with them.
Mods1.jpg Mods2.jpg Mods3.jpg Mods4.jpg Mods5.jpg Mods6.jpg

VapingMoose

Aug 18, 2017
I hadn't seen much on either mod, so decided to get both and see if they are suitable.
When the mods arrived, I was very surprised at how similar and light they were.
The Tesla weighs 67g while the Rader is hardly a porker at 84g. My VT167 is 228g. All the weights are empty, no tank or batteries.
The Tesla is some sort of plastic and has a soft touch feel to it. I like it. The Rader is nylon.
The Tesla has a better battery compartment in that it uses 'button' contact while the Rader has the bent brass strips.
No idea what chip runs either one except to say they are not Evolv or Yihi.
However, they are both performing well in my use, TC using SS430.
Both read my coils exactly the same and the same as my DNA mods.
Neither tell you if you should lock resistance, but since they both will lock resistance I do.
Time to set TCR, wattage, and temp.

To set TCR on the Rader, first you press the fire button 3 times to get the mode to flash. Then you use the +/- buttons to scroll through the options. Wait, there's no TCR selection. Back to the very poor manual. I guessed that I needed to be in SS316 mode then press all three buttons. Bingo, here's a TCR setting with 0.0009 in it. Ok, so no way to input the exact TCR, so I changed it to 0.0014 (SS430 is 0.00138). Screwed on an OBS Engine, very nice vape.

Temp 'felt' right in that it was not too hot and did not continue to heat up. There was a temperature protection message flashed on the display as I would expect.

There is a problem with the manual TCR settings on the Rader.
First, you can't input the exact value because of how they have configured the settings.
Second, the value you set will change back to the default whenever you change batteries or power settings. For me, the vape becomes weak, so I looked and it was back to the 9. Not a huge deal, just bump it back to 14 and all is well. Once you know it, it is an annoyance, not a deal breaker.

Setting TCR on the Tesla was direct. Select TCR, input the value, vape. You can put the exat value into the Tesla and it stays over swapping batteries.

Menu system is more complete and much easier to use on the Tesla.

Vape is great on this mod too, just like I found on the Rader.

For me and my vaping style, both are nice mods that I will continue to use.
Both feel much better in my hand than other dual battery mods, likely due to weight, but the shape has something to do with it too.

Looks? Well, I think they are both nice, but would choose the Telsa if I had to keep only one.

Screens? I like them both. The Rader has both cells voltage and the voltage applied to the coil along with a puff count.. The Tesla has less technical info. Both have what you need to vape on them. Wattage, battery level, resistance, temperature.

As far as I can tell, the Tesla doesn't need a firmware update, it's fine as it stands. The Rader though needs the TCR menu reworked. Definitely usable, just would like the issues I see fixed.

Note that I don't use wattage mode, the stock Ni, Ti, or SS316 settings. I vape 40-60W TC at 420-460F on dual coil tanks.

If they were the same price, I'd pick the Tesla. For me, both were under USD 35

Long post, sorry. Others will have the details about chips, max power, 510 connectors, etc.
I just wanted to give a little info and my experience with them.
View attachment 679209 View attachment 679211 View attachment 679213 View attachment 679215 View attachment 679217 View attachment 679219
I've heard that the Boxer Rader's battery contact can tear battery wraps as they're a tight fit. Is that true? Thanks.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I've heard that the Boxer Rader's battery contact can tear battery wraps as they're a tight fit. Is that true? Thanks.

Hmmm, you've heard many things about the mod, none of which pan out with the one I have.
You may want to hang out with a different crowd.

ed_azura

Sep 12, 2017
Hi, I've had a 'plasticky' wye for couple days now but really happy with it
Just want to share a bit different ... i dont know to call it ... 'manufacture configuration/style' ?

my wye batt door is clip type , almost like a 3d printed rebel/boxer type which i found it very odd because what i knew the battery door supposedly magnet type door.

I tried to contact the tesla support to know about it , but no reply or whatsoever

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Hi, I've had a 'plasticky' wye for couple days now but really happy with it
Just want to share a bit different ... i dont know to call it ... 'manufacture configuration/style' ?

my wye batt door is clip type , almost like a 3d printed rebel/boxer type which i found it very odd because what i knew the battery door supposedly magnet type door.

I tried to contact the tesla support to know about it , but no reply or whatsoever
I have a white splatter & it has magnets, strange maybe they changed it?

You can check for its authenticity with the scratch & check on the box. If it's authentic then they changed the magnets to what you have now?

ed_azura

Sep 12, 2017
I have a white splatter & it has magnets, strange maybe they changed it?

You can check for its authenticity with the scratch & check on the box. If it's authentic then they changed the magnets to what you have now?

Already checked and its legit mod ;)
Well it's not like it's bad , like the back panel is secured very tightly more than magnetic panel but just odd , any people that i know all have had the usual magnetic panel except me :D

The firmware :
HW v01
SW v01 July 4 , 2017

Reactions: Heartsdelight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread