a tank for the provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

meloyo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Philippines
I've been using my mini vivi nova and vivi nova, both of which, I recently realized are clones. They work anyway even if the ohm reading is always different from what's etched onto the heads. Flavor on the vivi nova seems better than the mini vivi, but I think they're both muted especially when I compare them to dripping. This could also be because my taste buds have yet to recover from smoking.

I'm not in any hurry on this, but I'd like to try a tank system. I was considering a siam pyrex tank but according to a pbusardo review, the end caps apparently don't hold the cartomizer tight enough. I also looked at the cartomator pro, but the pyrex is described as fragile. The phiniac is another option but I can't seem to figure out the size of the thing. I was looking at images of the tank on the provari; it seems to be the same diameter as the provari body so a bit wider than the top cap. But everyone swears it's durable pyrex.

So this is what I'm looking for: 1) durable pyrex clear tank, 2) size: the same diameter as the provari top cap. Is there such a thing?

Also, I've read different opinions on dual coil and single coil cartomizers and I'm pretty confused about what'll work better on the provari.

Any advice would be great :) Thanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

IBTanked-large-small.jpg OCD-2.jpg OCD-1.jpg

The first pic is with a XL and standard size 19mm IBTanked on Provari's. IBTanked on my 3 mods. Acrylic endcaps.

The first blog entry under my avatar is a full review of the IBTanks.

Provape recommends the use of single coil cartos on the Provari. I discuss the topic of dual coil vs single coil cartos in my blog, too.

More pics of my setup in the link below in my sig.

Last edited:

meloyo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Philippines
Thanks for the suggestions and the video. Really instructive. The ibtanked tanks look fantastic. I visited their website -- that's a lot of choices and it'll take me a while to figure out what color combination I want. But they're beautiful. What's the difference between XL and standard, apart from more juice? One website I looked at said the XL tanks are for dual coil cartos.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
Thanks for the suggestions and the video. Really instructive. The ibtanked tanks look fantastic. I visited their website -- that's a lot of choices and it'll take me a while to figure out what color combination I want. But they're beautiful. What's the difference between XL and standard, apart from more juice? One website I looked at said the XL tanks are for dual coil cartos.

Xl is just a longer carto...not necessarily a dual coil...but the same length of the duals...

Check out ikenvape for the cartos...the 510 mega platinum series cartos will fit in the xl tanks and are some of the best cartos around...only ones I use anymore...they are single vertical coils.

As for tanks I'll go ahead and third IBTanked as far as value and durability go...I actually prefer them to my phiniac now.

Sent from EVOLTEd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread