"A tip for newbs seeking tobacco / cigarette flavor..." closed thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shedevil7953

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Central Indiana
I just read this closed thread but WOW, it answered a lot for me. That's exactly what I've been searching for and have come to the conclusion that there isn't one. I was a menthol smoker and have bought several menthol flavors (most taste like peppermint or wintergreen to me) and menthol NETs. the NETs taste like licking a dirty ashtray. EEEWWWWW. I smoked 3 packs a day and knocked that down to 10 a day in the first 24 hours of vaping. Three months later, I'm down to 5-7 a day. It's when I'm stressed and need those additional chemicals, I guess, other than nicotine. I vape 24mg so I'm getting the throat hit but there's just something missing that I haven't found yet. I've got a lot of coffee, bakery, sweet flavors and all are yummy, just not totally satisfying to me yet.

I did get Cherry tobacco from BWB and it tastes to me like a pipe bowl of cherry tobacco smells. It's very good. I went to BWB and searched for 'e-joker' and nothing came up. Maybe they don't make it anymore?

Anyway, this was a super read for me as I found so many common denominators. At least I know it's not just me having these issues!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I just read this closed thread but WOW, it answered a lot for me. That's exactly what I've been searching for and have come to the conclusion that there isn't one. I was a menthol smoker and have bought several menthol flavors (most taste like peppermint or wintergreen to me) and menthol NETs. the NETs taste like licking a dirty ashtray. EEEWWWWW. I smoked 3 packs a day and knocked that down to 10 a day in the first 24 hours of vaping. Three months later, I'm down to 5-7 a day. It's when I'm stressed and need those additional chemicals, I guess, other than nicotine. I vape 24mg so I'm getting the throat hit but there's just something missing that I haven't found yet. I've got a lot of coffee, bakery, sweet flavors and all are yummy, just not totally satisfying to me yet.

I did get Cherry Tobacco from BWB and it tastes to me like a pipe bowl of cherry tobacco smells. It's very good. I went to BWB and searched for 'e-joker' and nothing came up. Maybe they don't make it anymore?

Anyway, this was a super read for me as I found so many common denominators. At least I know it's not just me having these issues!

That's a HUGE accomplishment and give yourself a pat on the back. Just remember to drink lots of water.
PG and VG are humectants...
A humectant is a substance used primarily in foods and cosmetic products to help retain moisture. These substances are called hygroscopic, which means that they are able to absorb ambient water. These hygroscopic compounds posses a chemical structure that attracts water from the atmosphere and binds it to various sites along the molecule.

When we inhale PG/ VG it "traps" the moisture in our mouth, throat and nasal area and thus the vapor. The real problem arises when the body is dehydrated and begins "stealing" moisture from other parts of the body to keep key organs hydrated. Add to that more than 3 cups of java or caffeine based soda drinks and severe dehydration can occur.
I had a convert that didn't believe vaping was dehydrating. I showed him his fingernails- there were vertical rails on them. Told him this was a sign of serious dehydration. He began drinking water/ hydrating and within a couple of months his fingernails returned to normal...he's now a believer. Ask any chemist and they will tell you the same. I drink 2+ liters of water per day and no more than 3 cups Java per day.

mainevaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
maine
Ya, I gave up on searching for the "cig" flavor. At first, I tried everything to make a flavor that tasted like my camel lights. Then, about a month into vaping, I took a puff off a buddies camel, and decided I was an idiot for trying to replicate that nasty taste... Then again... I never really liked the taste of cigs anyway....

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
If you are/were a menthol smoker and want something decent - Give Backwoods Brew menthol (medium) a try.
I don't care for menthol, but work with a lot of new Vapors to get them up and running. Yes, most taste like some kind of mint candies, but BWB seems to capture the Menthol taste much better than anything I have found.

Good luck on your quest.

I have left Tobacco flavors behind in favor of more enjoyable flavors. A world of Taste to Enjoy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread