A tip for newbs seeking tobacco / cigarette flavor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xg4bx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
I've been at this a few months and have come to the conclusion that nothing out there tastes like a cig. nothing. yes the tobacco juices taste good but they're nothing like cigs.

i think smokers taste buds are so deadened that they only think cigs taste good. They don't. I've smoked a few recently and they tasted exactly like the way an overfilled ashtray smells.

If you're new at this or are considering getting into e-smoking, just know that you probably won't match the taste of your favorite cigs. I would actually suggest that newbs try starting out with richer flavors such as coffee or vanilla.

mudboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
Penny Pot NJ
One thing i have noticed is with Tobbacco flavors out there, alot of them consist of the taste that resemmbles the smell of a freshly opened pack of analogs. I don't care what anyone says but that smell is greaat!!!. I also agree after vaping for about a month and half I have no desire to find a juice that taste like analog smoke. I love alot of the tobbaco flavors I have tried though, they all have that "ressemblence" taste.

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
Also keep in mind that this is probably the best tool to come along to help one quit smoking if that's your goal. Stop worrying about matching the taste and just try flavors till you find what you like, but keep at it. At least you can still draw and puff and even holding it provides a lot of satisfaction. You can't drive and smoke with a patch. Once you find those flavors you like you'll lose that desire for the harsh stuff - remember there are other chemicals you are addicted to in Tcigs (traditional cigs) and you are going to be going through that withdrawal for awhile. You are getting your nicotine fix - but nothing is replacing those other chemicals (and that's a great thing). I think the flavor idea someone posted here is a great tip - I started with something that was tobacco light and didn't really like it, then tried other flavors and now I love it.

Chris

Curlygirl27

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Attica, MI
When I started out... I didn't try tobacco 'cos i didn't think it would be the same (and from what i read on here it isn't). I tried smoky flavors like applewood and hawaiian mesquite to give me that sort of harshness akin to the th i got from cigarettes and that seemed to work for me. Strangely, menthol flavors do the trick for me too (was NOT a menthol smoker) and am now vaping all kinds of nifty and delicious flavors.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
You can get some of that tobacco flav by mixing up your own using Tobacco Absolute and Ethal Malto.

Perfumers Apprentice has some already premixed with PG and even a tobacco blend that is TA+EM+PG.

Still not 100% analog taste but the tobacco is in there.

Carefull... TA is VERY strong: 1/2ml to 5ml base at the most.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I found a tobacco ejuice that actually tastes/smells more like cocoa than tobacco to me (Backwoods Brew Casablanca) but it was the first juice I tried that really left me feeling satisfied, and actually after fewer puffs than with other juices. There's just something about the body of the vapor and the TH and just the amount of aroma that felt good.

For the OP, I don't think it's that bad to try tobacco flavors while you're kicking the analogs. Just don't get discouraged if the carts that came with your rig or the first several juices you buy don't hit the spot for you. I am definitely going to try vanilla - just ordered some Backwoods Vanilla, but I think in my first week off analogs, even an ejuice similarity to tobacco helps me feel sated.

LesStrater

Oct 20, 2010
ChicagoLand
I found a tobacco ejuice that actually tastes/smells more like cocoa than tobacco to me (Backwoods Brew Casablanca) but it was the first juice I tried that really left me feeling satisfied, and actually after fewer puffs than with other juices.

That doesn't surprise me. The main flavoring in a Marlboro is chocolate, so if you start with that flavor you're half way there. I mix the chocolate flavor from FSUSA with some tobacco and menthol flavoring to get as close as I can to a Marlboro Menthol.

Otherwise, the only way to get a true cigarette taste is to steep some used cigarette butts in VG... (No, I have never tried this. LOL)

Reactions: LeeLee26

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
One thing about the "taste" of analogs is that once you vape a lot - you can actually taste the chemicals in them. I believe this is what people crave - even though it tastes horrible. Your brain has associated this with nico high, and therefore you crave it.

I still puff some analogs and the bitter chemical taste is rather obvious...

smilyblue

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2010
NH
When I first tried ecigs I too was looking for that analog taste as well but after 20 days of being analog free, I am experimenting with different flavors. I never thought that maple pancakes would become one of my favorite ejuices especially while I drink my coffee in the morning. I also like to vape my menthol at night with a beer :) Vaping is a lot more fun then standing on the back porch in the freezing cold smoking-burning 4000 smelly chemicals :/

Reactions: LeeLee26

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've tried quite a few juices and the Backwoods Brew 555 is the most like an analog I've tried. That said, I also like their Applewood Tobacco and their Malty Toffee. The juices are amazingly flavorful, more flavorful than any I've tried, and the vapor is cloud like. All that and they don't make my mucous membranes dry out and shrivel up like a prune! They contain PG and VG in a mix that is just right for great taste and great flavor.

Vaping is much more tasty than smoking an analog but I haven't completely kicked the habit. I still smoke about 7 to 10 analogs a day. They taste crappy but there's something I want in the smoke. Supposedly, it's MAO inhibitors that satisfy you and produce the calm feeling. I decided when I started vaping that I wouldn't quit immediately, but taper down and quit over time. I went from over 40 a day to 10 the first week haven't been below 6. Still, that's an improvement and I'm convinced that I will drop them completely eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: tgs3

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
My favorite tobacco flavor was RUYAN but they don't make it any more. And China's changed all the recipes for their great tobacco flavors and I don't like them much anymore. Don't vape Vanilla, it's not good for you. Neither are the cinnamon flavors. They'll do you harm. My very favorite ejuice came in the Njoy carts when I first started vaping and was called 'Traditional', but they don't make it in ejuice, darn it all anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread