a tip from a noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

7SEALS

Feb 21, 2011
USA, PA
I have learned this the hard way, but this is a learning experience so mistakes will happen. My first lesson learned is BE PREPARED! I am now basically out of liquid. I am sucking on dry cartridges trying to get every little bit out. My next shipment wont arrive until Wednesday so I have to survive the rest of today, and then tomorrow before I can vape my brains out again. Also, don't hesitate to bring extra things with you when you are out and about. I was at the club the other night having a blast with my friends and vaping away. I go to take a hit and I am not getting a flavor. I look down at my Tornado and my battery is dead :( . Luckily the club was closing shortly so I could go home and get my other battery. I have been analog free since I received my kit last Friday. Still going strong. Might have to bum a few off some friends though because I learned the hard way, BE PREPARED!

BMS

Feb 15, 2011
Indiana
That is a great tip for newbies. I've had that fear since I quit 18 days ago. I found out the hard way that my Joy eGO charger does not work with a USB extension cable. I ended up with two dead batteries, and I I had to wait a few tense hours before one was ready to go again. Today, I went out and bought a pass-through, so I can vape pretty much anywhere I can find a USB port.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I also had battery issues in the beginning. My M4xx PCC was a bit flaky about charging manuals and I didn't understand the lights well enough to realize that. I got caught out 3 times with no charged battery. Since then I am loaded with batteries, chargers, PCCs, etc for 3 different PVs. I have nice charging setups at home and at work as well as a PT in each place just in case. To be complete I should leave an atty, cart, and a bottle of juice at work.

But yeah juice - buy 20-30ml with your ecig and order more as soon as you determine you have the right nicotine level.

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
Check your local smoke shops. I had the same lack-of-juice issue my first week of vaping and was able to find a local smoke shop with a semi-decent selection of overpriced juices. I bought ~10ml of camel-flavored juice for $20 which kept me going for the 3-4 days it took my next juice shipment to arrive.

Now I have a large stock of juices and batteries and can basically weather out any shipment delay up to ~2 weeks or so. At that point I'll be dipping into some of my less-liked juices, but it'll at least keep me away from analogs.

7SEALS

Feb 21, 2011
USA, PA
Check your local smoke shops. I had the same lack-of-juice issue my first week of vaping and was able to find a local smoke shop with a semi-decent selection of overpriced juices. I bought ~10ml of camel-flavored juice for $20 which kept me going for the 3-4 days it took my next juice shipment to arrive.

Now I have a large stock of juices and batteries and can basically weather out any shipment delay up to ~2 weeks or so. At that point I'll be dipping into some of my less-liked juices, but it'll at least keep me away from analogs.

I stopped at a close by cigarette/cigar shop and asked if they carried any e-liquid for electronic cigarettes. They just gave me a funny look so I said never mind and walked out lol. There is another smoke shop in town, but its a lot further than the one I visited yesterday. I know he sells starter kits but I am not sure if he sells the liquid. I suppose I should call before I end up driving all the way there lol... I am putting an order in for a drip tip for my Tornado, and I will make sure to have them send some attys too. Gotta be prepared!

toddos

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Washington
I stopped at a close by cigarette/cigar shop and asked if they carried any e-liquid for electronic cigarettes. They just gave me a funny look so I said never mind and walked out lol. There is another smoke shop in town, but its a lot further than the one I visited yesterday. I know he sells starter kits but I am not sure if he sells the liquid. I suppose I should call before I end up driving all the way there lol... I am putting an order in for a drip tip for my Tornado, and I will make sure to have them send some attys too. Gotta be prepared!

I called before visiting and happened to get a hit on my first try, and the shop was conveniently between work and home. However if the choice is to drive 15 miles out of my way to get juice or to buy a pack of analogs, at this point I'll drive 15 miles out of my way :)

7SEALS

Feb 21, 2011
USA, PA
There's a couple of vendors in PA, maybe one is close enough to pick up an order tomorrow. Litecigusa.net is in Jersey Shore.
Thanks for the help but I think I should be able to survive lol. Just wanted to warn others newcomers so they don't have to go through the same thing I am. Live and learn I guess. I will probably be the last person to run out of liquid, attys, batteries now lol.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
After visiting friends or meeting people who are new to the vaping idea, I learned my lesson. I will not turn away the chance to 'convert' a smoker into a vaper, so I'd let them try it. I ended my day with a dead battery, and a mad dash home to a fresh one. I now have a pass thru with a car adapter and a few spare batteries & cartomizers with me at all times. I'll never be caught short again..LOL !

Battery stress and fiddling was one of the things that convinced me to buy a mod, the Black Beauty. Now, I don't have to think about batteries, ever. I drip on a low resistance atomizer which lasts for months, carry a spare and a small bottle of juice. It sure is a no-fuss life now, compared to when I carried around the equivalent of a small tackle box filled with juices, carts, polyfill, atomizers, and batteries. Gah!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread