New Orleans La.
this is steeping...
DSCF0011.jpg

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
its not that nicotine oxidises. its the rate at which it oxidises. i don't think 2 or less hours will have much an effect. certainly not any thing drastically noticeable. as long as the temperature of the liquid doesn't get to high the thermal agitation certainly would help settle out the extra air leaving a more homogeneous blend. heat causes nicotine to oxidize no matter what the source.
:2c:
regards
mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Direct light will degrade your nicotine. The heat will help it steep faster. I know people who shove it in their glove box for a day during the summer heat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heat will degrade nicotine also. its the % of degradation from sunlight as opposed to heat as opposed to heat and sunlight. leaving your bottle sit on the window pane as opposed to your darkened storage space would be a problem over time. 1 or 2 hours in the sunlight should pose no significant degradation if any above normal degradation to be found in nicotine. i don't think it would be a problem. the OP seems to think it works. if there was any appreciable oxidation of the nicotine wouldn't there be an adverse affect on the flavor?

regards
mike

Dissonance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2013
Dayton, OH, USA
I wouldn't put the juice in the sunlight since UV radiation is likely to damage its flavoring.

I would however squeeze some of the air out of the bottle, recap it and place it in the car trunk so that it heats and rolls around for a few days...

Just secure a small pouch to the wheel of your car and throw the juice bottle(s) in the bag, go driving for a few hours. A guy I used to work with when I delivered pizza did this and he swore by it.

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I wouldn't put the juice in the sunlight since UV radiation is likely to damage its flavoring.

I would however squeeze some of the air out of the bottle, recap it and place it in the car trunk so that it heats and rolls around for a few days...

yes of course its the uv in the sunlight that would cause damage over time. in the time frame of 1 or 2 hours there should be no damage.
at least nothing detectable.
:2c:
regards
mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread