A video I think all vapers would enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
It's clever and well made, but the image of a cloud of vapor in the vicinity of a newborn baby is going to raise massive gut-level red flags, even as the difference between vaping and smoking is being explained. Also, the bad-taste joke at the end serves to associate vaping with pedophilia.

I assume that the producers were going for controversy to sell their brand, but this ad doesn't do a lot of favors for vaping in general.

MichaelOz

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Czech Republic
It's clever and well made, but the image of a cloud of vapor in the vicinity of a newborn baby is going to raise massive gut-level red flags, even as the difference between vaping and smoking is being explained. Also, the bad-taste joke at the end serves to associate vaping with pedophilia.

I assume that the producers were going for controversy to sell their brand, but this ad doesn't do a lot of favors for vaping in general.

I think if the world is mature enough to handle Rowan Atkinson, they can handle this ad :)

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI

I think it associates Catholic priests with pedophilia and it's a bit late to avoid that.

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Brevard, NC, USA
I thought that vid was hilarious. I dont quite understand how someone could make the association between vaping and pedophelia from it. are you saying that they will assume vaping leads to pedophelia? that all pedophiles vape? thats like saying all white people are biggots after watching a kkk raly. No one with two braincells to rub together would associate the two IMO. I agree about the baby thing tho. Could definetly see people finding that offputting.

Harlequin

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I dont quite understand how someone could make the association between vaping and pedophelia from it. are you saying that they will assume vaping leads to pedophelia? that all pedophiles vape? thats like saying all white people are biggots after watching a kkk raly. No one with two braincells to rub together would associate the two IMO.

Yes, it's obviously intended to be a bad-taste joke that no sophisticated person would take it seriously. It's also a very ill-judged choice in advertising a highly controversial product that's already attracted more than its share of negative publicity.

It may well be that the producers hope the ad. will go viral, spurred by controversy (PEDO. PRIEST "VAPES" NICOTINE AT HELPLESS BABY!!!). If it does, then the Vapestick will sell and he will have done his job, but he won't have done the public image of vaping any lasting good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread