Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I have no idea where Granite Falls is, but I'm thinking of moving there. I like to be surrounded by thinking individuals, such as him or her who notes that "...the default position [of lawmakers] ought to be that adults are free to make their own decisions unless there's a good reason for government to interfere."

http://www.granitefallsnews.com/article/20130821/NEWS/130829899/-1/News

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Granite Falls is in Minnesota, approx. 200 miles east of Minneapolis (thank you, Google maps). I'd be very happy to join you there (perhaps we could start a vaping commune...?) except Minnesota has winter and I don't do winter...

This editorial is a must read for any vaper who needs a ray of sunshine to brighten up their day! Good catch, PI! Thank you.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Some health officials have suggested prohibiting e-cigarettes because researchers don’t yet know whether they are harmful.
So they must be proven to be deadly before they're acceptable like cigarettes & alcohol?

But the default position ought to be that adults are free to make their own decisions unless there’s a good reason for government to interfere.
Awesome writing that :)

Boards of health, especially, must be guided by science, not personal opinions.
Before they prohibit the use of e-cigarettes, they should think twice.
Their responsibility is to protect the public health, not prohibit products they disapprove of.

Metrowest Daily News in Metrowest Boston - We're in a serious fight here in this greedy nanny state.
We need more writers like this guy.

Thanks for the link :toast:

Last edited:

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
Boards of health, especially, must be guided by science, not personal opinions. Before they prohibit the use of e-cigarettes, they should think twice. Their responsibility is to protect the public health, not prohibit products they disapprove of.

Its all about personal opinions, banning smoking outdoors is a stretch, let alone e-cigs!

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
Boards of health, especially, must be guided by science, not personal opinions. Before they prohibit the use of e-cigarettes, they should think twice. Their responsibility is to protect the public health, not prohibit products they disapprove of.

I think boards of health are the useful idiots Carl Phillips keeps mentioning :D Just sayin'

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Granite Falls is in Minnesota, approx. 200 miles east of Minneapolis (thank you, Google maps). I'd be very happy to join you there (perhaps we could start a vaping commune...?) except Minnesota has winter and I don't do winter...

This editorial is a must read for any vaper who needs a ray of sunshine to brighten up their day! Good catch, PI! Thank you.

I'm up for the Granite Falls VapeMune - because there is a winter :D

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread