Not open for further replies.

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Gals and guys,

For now, I only own a Penelope and I find this super already.
I understand that Ody is larger, has a GGTS base, etc, but I am curious to hear from someone who owns both: which one is better and why?
It's subjective...I have both and prefer Ody but only slightly and I'm glad I have both. On a Provari Penelope's draw is perfect and she has a better throat hit than Ody but Ody takes the edge in flavor and has a slightly fuller, heavier vapor.
Mini Provari + Penelope=my pocket friendly vape
GGTS + Ody= my any other time vape

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
It's subjective...I have both and prefer Ody but only slightly and I'm glad I have both. On a Provari Penelope's draw is perfect and she has a better throat hit than Ody but Ody takes the edge in flavor and has a slightly fuller, heavier vapor.

And I should have mentioned that my ody is paired with a GGTS. So I can't comment on how the ody with 510 adapter performs. I have a 510 base, but prefer the GG base. So on a 510, my opinion COULD change....maybe. :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Im using my Ody with the 510 base as I dont have a GG battery unit. All I can say is that now im almost exclusively using it all day. I have my beautiful cartomizer tanks, Kir fanis (5) Phiniac(2) Ibtanks( 4) Triple V(1) they are wonderful and will never sell. Its funny most of my juices are even better on the Ody but 2 taste better on the cartos/tank. I am getting volumes of wonderful vapor plumes and outstanding flavour from the Ody. Im not into TH so its perfect for me. That is why I stayed away from the genesis type of system, too much TH for me. SO that another reason I wish I had another Ody because Im afraid the new Ithaka will have more TH which I know most people enjoy.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Im using my Ody with the 510 base as I dont have a GG battery unit. All I can say is that now im almost exclusively using it all day. I have my beautiful cartomizer tanks, Kir fanis (5) Phiniac(2) Ibtanks( 4) Triple V(1) they are wonderful and will never sell. Its funny most of my juices are even better on the Ody but 2 taste better on the cartos/tank. I am getting volumes of wonderful vapor plumes and outstanding flavour from the Ody. Im not into TH so its perfect for me. That is why I stayed away from the genesis type of system, too much TH for me. SO that another reason I wish I had another Ody because Im afraid the new Ithaka will have more TH which I know most people enjoy.

Oh? I'm not the only one? :)
I actually like the taste of some juices in the carto better. I don't know why as I can't put my finger on it.
I have three phiniac tanks that ill never part with. In fact, I'm hopping that Imeos Achilles will work dynamite with them some day so he has three SOLD when preorders start for sure.
As for TH, I love TH. flavor is equally important. Vapor? I could due with lesser vapor as long as flavor and TH are there. I'd "sacrifice" it.

mgrigore

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Germany
500px.com

I agree, this is all subjective and I take all these with a grain of salt...
Provari + Penelope is what I use now and it is a very nice combination, I agree.
GGTS + UFS will hopefully soon arrive. I ordered an extension, so I can vape at 7,4 Volts but Provari is very convenient at VV.
Thank you for your oppinion.

mgrigore

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
Germany
500px.com
And I should have mentioned that my ody is paired with a GGTS. So I can't comment on how the ody with 510 adapter performs. I have a 510 base, but prefer the GG base. So on a 510, my opinion COULD change....maybe. :)

Yankee, I agree here. GGTS looks much more solid than Penelope's 510 connection.
But to be able to compare, I guess I will end up in buying an Oddysseus... who knows when/if it wilk be produced again...

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Yankee, I agree here. GGTS looks much more solid than Penelope's 510 connection.
But to be able to compare, I guess I will end up in buying an Oddysseus... who knows when/if it wilk be produced again...

I've read the ody will be on preorder before Ithaca goes to production. IAtty is on preorder now. But that could all change

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
After reading all 36 pages I am very happy about the good news from Proteus.

And the Achilles project sounds amazing.
But I am a bit concerned that I need a microscope for this tiny atty with all his features.
I already need a strong magnifying glass for my larger rebuildable attys.

I know exactly what you mean. In fact I went to the eye doctor and he said "so what's wrong with your eyes?" I said "nothing, my arms are not long enough" :laugh:

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
I know we are talking about the Achilles, Imeo. However, something was said earlier in the thread about YOU making us a wonderful drip tip. :)
IF you decide to do this, I have suggestion. I believe you should use chrome or something with the same kind of feel... smoothness, silkyness.

that is my observation and I AM very particular.

hugs
Morri

EDIT: I have been advised by well known GG peoples that your Stainless is perfect, and I knew that. I stand corrected. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread