Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Local LSU researcher helms FDA sponsored study into effects of vaping
A local doctor, who specializes in diseases of the lungs, is leading a key research study into the effects of vaping in hopes of helping Americans make more informed decisions when it comes to vaping.

Dr. Alexandra Noël, an assistant professor of Comparative Biomedical Sciences at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine, says, "People initially thought vaping was safer than cigarette smoking. We could see in the lab that it is not safe. Inhaling e-cigarette vapor is harmful."
With the financial support of the FDA and NIH, Dr. Noël hopes to find out exactly how the chemicals used in vaping impact the body. “We are independently attempting to verify claims made by vaping device producers,” Noël said.

To track the dangers of vaping, Noël and her research team are examining how two design characteristics of third-generation tank-style e-cigarette devices—atomizer (coil) resistance and battery voltage—affect e-cigarette aerosol (vapor) composition and cellular toxicity. The team is also comparing the pulmonary toxicity responses of these e-cigarette aerosols (vapor) by evaluating lung function and screening for biomarkers of pulmonary toxicity in mice exposed by inhalation.

“We expect to see that vaping will decrease lung function,” Noël said.

• Informative
Reactions: Rossum

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"Dr. Alexandra Noël, an assistant professor of Comparative Biomedical Sciences at the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine, says..."

My Long Haired Tabby is very interest in what the Good Doctor has to say.

49f2449d416dfde9b83acc2874e87a1f.jpg

Reactions: Rossum

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
My Long Haired Tabby is very interest in what the Good Doctor has to say.
Is she willing to put the mice used in this study out of their misery?

We expect We're being paid to see show that vaping will decrease lung function
Fixed for truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread