?? about cignot batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
People's Republic of Illinois
I started with the eGo, so I know nothing about stock 510 batteries except what I've read here. I've got a friend about to order a starter kit, and she wanted to know how long the batteries take to charge. Can anyone provide an answer for her, please?

And in other news, I've only had two cigarettes today! I had my morning smoke, then around 3pm I realized that I hadn't had another cigarette. Around 5pm, I was feeling weird about that, so I smoked one as a reminder that I can. Yeah, it's all in my head at this point, but that's okay because I'm getting there. :cool:

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have several 510's going at a time with different flavors i.e. black, platinum, copper and I have 2 batts of each color.
When one lets me know it needs charging, I put another like colored battery on that atty/cart, plug the one that needs charging into the charger, and vape away.

It seems that they are charged well ahead of when I need them using this system.

I'm saying it takes less time to charge them than it does to vape them.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
They dont take the 8 hours it says they will - mine also take roughly an hour to charge on the charger unit. Word to the wise though about ALL stock 510 batteries - they have crap use life - they run out pretty fast if you're a heavy vaper like me - its why I have a PT (ok I have 2..lol) plus the PT runs at a slightly higher voltage than the stock batts.
I love the 510s - really love them but the standard battery life sucks major bottom - invest in a PCC and/or PT or maybe buy the mega batts (cignot has all those items btw) which have a bit longer life than 'hardly any' lol

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
I have the starter kit that came with the PCC, Highly recommend it. She will stay longer that way. I love my 510 and if i didnt have the poo i would hate it because of the batt life. I also have a mega batt and i love that sucker but it cant be charged in the pcc. I also have the 10 batt charging station also so im never without a fully charged batt
Tara

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
The PT piqued her interest quite a bit, and I told her about the PCC, too. I've been talking up the eGo and told her that she could just buy the batt, cone, and charger at a later date once she's sure it's worth spending the money. She liked that as a possibility, and she already has a design in mind for her husband's future Chuck. ;-) She managed to quit cold turkey a while back, but then started smoking again, so I know this will not only work for her, it will work faster than it is for me.

*sigh* I wish she lived closer, then she could have just tried mine. But we'll work with the circumstances in which we find ourselves. :) Thanks, y'all!

thunderoad02

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Maryland
Got my 510 about 3 weeks ago. I only got the PCC, no wall charger, and I read everywhere that they take an hour to charge. Ive posted with the same question, and it seems like the 1 hour charge may be undershooting it a bit. I timed one of my batteries. from completely dead it took 2 hours and 53 minutes to fully charge (the red indicator light went off). From what I have been told the wall charger may charge it a little bit faster, But i would say at least 2 hours to fully charge from dead.

Now I can have a battery last me anywhere between 1-1.5 hours up to as much as maybe 3 hours depending on how much Im hitting it.

~Jo~

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Thanks, thunderoad. I'll let her know that it may be more.

I love my eGo battery because it charges quickly and then lasts a good 2 days or so. :)

I don't have a cone cover for it... are they helpful or just decorative?

Mets, I've actually never tried mine without the cone except when I use an adapter and a different kind of atty. :) However, others have said that it does make a difference, that it tightens the draw a little and gives a warmer vape than without the cone.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
My very first kits came from the wonderful ladies at Cignot, back in December. They are a perfect way to get started. Until a week ago, hubby was still using his and it was still working great. I passed mine on to my Dad-In-Law and he's still using it. So 3 months and the attys and batteries are still working. Batteries take about an hour using the wall charger to recharge.

The no box kit is a fantastic way to get started without spending an arm and a leg to do it. After she knows she's going to like it, then Cignot has plenty of options like the PCCs, PTs and mega batteries. Another plus is that with the ladies from Cignot, you not only get super fast shipping and great customer service, you also get Genuine Joye products.

Happy Vaping!!

scheherezade

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
VA Beach
Thanks, y'all! She's getting the $35 kit from cignot, so yeah, she needed to know if one would charge while she was using the other. :D Appreciate the help!
It's always best to get an extra battery or two if you can. I accidently drop kicked my extended one in a parking garage last Tuesday. Ughhhhhh Luckily I still had two more and ordered replacements (yes, thats a plural there, liked that extended one!). Anyway tell your friend to pick up an extra when she can. They do charge pretty fast, but sometimes things happen and batterys don't survive. :(

cliff5550

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
West Central Illinois - USA
If you really want to make sure you always have a charged battery (or many) at home, get the 10-battery charger from Cignot. We bought one a while back and it works great. We keep it full and never have to wait on a charge or worry if we'll have charged batts to take with us when we leave home.
Looks like a row of little smokestacks. Especially the longer XL batteries.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
They dont take the 8 hours it says they will - mine also take roughly an hour to charge on the charger unit. Word to the wise though about ALL stock 510 batteries - they have crap use life - they run out pretty fast if you're a heavy vaper like me - its why I have a PT (ok I have 2..lol) plus the PT runs at a slightly higher voltage than the stock batts.
I love the 510s - really love them but the standard battery life sucks major bottom - invest in a PCC and/or PT or maybe buy the mega batts (cignot has all those items btw) which have a bit longer life than 'hardly any' lol

Just as, I mean just as, I was reading that, I got the red wink o' dead from my 510 battery. So it's downstairs to the trusty multi-charger. Had a milestone event last week in that I seem to have lost (as in "couldn't find") my first battery. i think I'll soon buy another seven for the sense of security provided by a full, fully charged array of ten batteries will bring.

Cheyanntx

Mar 16, 2010
Texas
If you really want to make sure you always have a charged battery (or many) at home, get the 10-battery charger from Cignot. We bought one a while back and it works great. We keep it full and never have to wait on a charge or worry if we'll have charged batts to take with us when we leave home.
Looks like a row of little smokestacks. Especially the longer XL batteries.

So the 10-battery charger also charges the 510 mega batteries?

Yeah if you're gonna roll with a 510 and vape consistently, it's best to have quite a few batteries. I have 7 myself.

The batts show up from cignot about 80% charged. You throw them on the charger and about 5 minutes later the light is green and you're good to go. Ignore the 8 hour first charge in the instructions.

I've noticed mine take an hour to an hour and a half to charge when dead. I don't have the 10 battery charger myself. I have two regular chargers and I just throw them on as they die. Having plenty of batteries I never find myself in a pickle.

And yes I'm sure the 10 battery charger will charge the mega batteries as well. They're the same thing just about an inch longer in length.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Got my 510 about 3 weeks ago. I only got the PCC, no wall charger, and I read everywhere that they take an hour to charge. Ive posted with the same question, and it seems like the 1 hour charge may be undershooting it a bit. I timed one of my batteries. from completely dead it took 2 hours and 53 minutes to fully charge (the red indicator light went off). From what I have been told the wall charger may charge it a little bit faster, But i would say at least 2 hours to fully charge from dead.

Now I can have a battery last me anywhere between 1-1.5 hours up to as much as maybe 3 hours depending on how much Im hitting it.

And I can kill one in 30-45 minutes when I'm rolling along well.

OP, you might want to warn your friend to buy an extra battery or 2 so that if she goes through batteries like I do, she'll have spares charged when the 2nd needs charged and the 1st isn't quite completely done yet.

Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread