? About diy flavorings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Hey guys! Long time no see..

So this pretty much has nothing to do with diy recipes but it's been nagging me for days so I thought.. who better to ask than my ECF friends?

I've been a Pepsi drinker for YEARS. Like I'm a Pepsi drunk I guess you can say. Someone introduced me to a new flavored mineral water with natural CO2. I want to stay healthy so I forced myself to choke it down and now I actually prefer it. This is a huge step for me considering I'm 31 years old and I'm afraid of becoming a diabetic.

So I have a sparkling mineral water that says natural flavoring 0 calories and no artificial ingredients ( I'm guessing that means aspartame?) .. it's expensive.. what do you guys think about using lets say Inawera Shisha strawberry as a way to flavor soda water or sparkling water? Or any other of our DIY flavors.. I have a ton but I'm not sure if they are safe to use in that way.. I'm leaning towards yes but then again you never know.

Thanks for letting me explain and this is a non emergency lol.

Kelly

Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey guys! Long time no see..

So this pretty much has nothing to do with diy recipes but it's been nagging me for days so I thought.. who better to ask than my ECF friends?

I've been a Pepsi drinker for YEARS. Like I'm a Pepsi drunk I guess you can say. Someone introduced me to a new flavored mineral water with natural CO2. I want to stay healthy so I forced myself to choke it down and now I actually prefer it. This is a huge step for me considering I'm 31 years old and I'm afraid of becoming a diabetic.

So I have a sparkling mineral water that says natural flavoring 0 calories and no artificial ingredients ( I'm guessing that means aspartame?) .. it's expensive.. what do you guys think about using lets say Inawera Shisha strawberry as a way to flavor soda water or sparkling water? Or any other of our DIY flavors.. I have a ton but I'm not sure if they are safe to use in that way.. I'm leaning towards yes but then again you never know.

Thanks for letting me explain and this is a non emergency lol.

Kelly
Hi Kelly,
We use food flavoring concentrates for mixing, so of course it is safe if used in foods and beverages.
Shisha strawberry has a tobacco note and a licorice note that may not be so delicious in a beverage.
"Super concentrated" flavors will be the cheapest to use.

I was a pepsi drunk in my 20s and then switched to coke and now I'm a decafe coffee drinker.
I try to limit myself to one soft drink per week. (coke, of course) The rest of the time is water with lemon or coffee. I don't miss the sugar roller coaster.

HTH
I

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Should be fine. I should point out that like you can get these flavored water drops (MIO is a brand that doesn't completely suck ) and if you want, you can get the placebo effect of added B Vitamins. I'm not sure if my placebo is actually placebo, because I tend to flavor them strongly, but IMHO it's probably easier than like, using DIY flavors.

They make a strawberry kiwi, for example. IDK exactly what's in them (other than some of the vitamins) and I imagine they probably have some type of artificial sweetener (which you may or may not care about) but like, I think they're pretty useful. I mean, when I drink them I kind of go, "This HAS to be a better way to reduce my diet pepsi than SOME things."

Best of luck either way.

Anna

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..you can get these flavored water drops..
    The ones that my girl gets from Wally World (which her grandkids love and I don't (the drops and the store..)) have sucralose in them. Although I do like to point out to people that they also contain PG..

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I add my diy flavors to my water. The ultras like Flavorah only need 2-5 drops, FA 4 drops- 1 or 2ml. Best to use an ultra and a weaker brand like FA to round it out. For example 3-5 drops FLV lemonade + 3-4 drops FA any lime or lemon. Some INW are strong like raspberry malina, just have to play around with them. Mix up a few 2oz samples to get a feel for the flavors.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread