Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I posted a wanted ad in the classies, but if that fails, I'm just going to have to force allow myself to buy direct from Rob. Either way, I'm super excited about getting a REO Grand. Also the RM2.

But, I have a few questions, and what better place to ask than to all of you REOnauts?

-I prefer to stick to a few places for online orders, and I absolutely love Discount Vapers. So, if possible, I would like to order from there. So, would this battery be fine for the REO Grand?
Efest IMR 2000mAh 3.7v 18650 Battery
And how about this charger for that battery?
Efest LUC multifunction Digital charger

-I tend to switch flavors throughout the day, so would it make sense to buy a couple extra 6ml bottles and just switch out the bottles when I want to change it up, or is that more trouble than it's worth? (Note, I tend to vape similar flavors, to a point, so the first few hits of a new flavor mixed with the old flavor on the wick won't be that big of an issue.)

-I'm already familiar with RBAs and RDAs, and building coils, so the Reomizer seems pretty easy to set up. But, does the Reomizer have something of a learning curve over say, a RSST or IGO-L? From what I've seen from all of the videos and tutorials, if one is familiar with rebuildables, then they should be pretty well prepared for a Reomizer. But, being new to the REO world, I could be WAY off.

Most importantly, thanks in advance for all of your help in advance.
This is one of the most active and helpful ​subforums that I have come across. :)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Please oh please do not put any battery in your REO that is not an AW IMR. Those EFests might just work fine but these things perform best with the battery they were designed around, the AW IMR. We've read many a post where someone used some other battery and were not impressed with their REO then tried it with the AWs and came back to say it was night and day. You wouldn't buy a Ferrari and put 87 octane in it, would you?

Either these: AW IMR 18650 1600 mAh
or these: AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh

The 1600s have a much higher amp limit and are the favorite of a lot of low ohm mech users, myself included.

Changing out juice shouldn't be too big a deal if they have similar flavor profiles. Additional bottles is a perfectly fine way to achieve this, imo.

If you are already proficient at rebuilding attys then you'll do fine with the RM2. I could only suggest learning the art of the micro coil.. they really are where it's at, imo.

Grats on making the decision to try a REO. You will be right glad you did! ;)

Last edited:

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
I could only suggest learning the art of the micro coil.. they really are where it's at, imo.

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that I'm decently proficient at micro coils as well haha.

Thank you for the tips, so far, guys. Now, my question between the two suggested batteries, I tend to keep my rebuilds at around 1.5 ohms. So, which of the two batts would be best for that?

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Aw imr aw imr aw imr

You might want to check reosmods.com for blems. you'll often get a blem for less than a used one and its like new. Or just buy a new one. You'll have it in a few days and long term its nothing because you'll have that mod 3 or 4 years from now. and probably, highly likely, more than just one.

Last edited:

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I don't have the info on which is better for the 1.5 ohm 1600 or 2000 mah. But the RM 2 is super easy to build. I'm one of the newest members here and mine was perfect from the first fire. I've never built a coil prior to that one (I might have it bronzed and hang it from my mirror) Congrats on your soon to be purchased Reo. Pix are a must when you get it.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Purchased the suggested batteries and charger. I was unaware that RTD accepts Paypal, so me looking for other batteries/chargers for online shopping safety was for naught anyway. :facepalm:
Thank you!

But regardless of if I get a hit on my want ad or buy direct, now I'll hopefully have charged batteries for when my REO arrives :D

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Jonny... I noticed you posted a "pm sent" in that thread with the Mini REO for sale.. you do realize that's a 14500 mini, right?

Sorry to ....-in but I have to say.. hold off on that one, imo, until you can get yourself a Grand. It won't take long ;)

I sent that PM prior to buying the batteries for the Grand.
But, thank you for looking out :)
Yeah, I definitely want a Grand first. Oh boy. I'm saying "first" as I already know I'm going to buy multiple...

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I sent that PM prior to buying the batteries for the Grand.
But, thank you for looking out :)
Yeah, I definitely want a Grand first. Oh boy. I'm saying "first" as I already know I'm going to buy multiple...

....one of us....one of us.....one of us.....one of us......one of us........ :lol:

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
The modmaster says AW IMR... only (and he doesn't sell them). Keep in mind others may cause arcing and firing pin erosion.

I've seen a real world capacity test comparing the 1600 AW IMR to the 2000 AW IMR, but can't find it now. The 2000 has more mAH at current levels up to at least to 5A, and at 10A, the 1600 actually has more. Interpolating, they should be about the same at 7-8A.

I bought the 2000 and they've done fine at 7-8A. Some places I saw rated their max current at 10A rather than the 15C of the 1600, and that MIGHT be due to heat generated by higher internal resistance of whatever they did to get additional capacity. I don't know of anyone who's compared their voltage drop. I'd recommend the 1600 if you think you might sub-ohm.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
You are all SERIOUSLY the most helpful people on ECF, I swear!
Anyway, I bit the bullet. Closed the wanted ad, and placed an order for a brand new REO Grand and RM2. No blemished Grands were available, but I got the black wrinkle metallic red. Which looks phenomenal. Pictures when I get it!
I know it has to be signed for, but what's the average order-to-door time?

gmb225

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
somerset ky
i just bought a blue black grand out of classifieds for 105 shipped. using a hornet with it and just lovin it at 1.4ohms. gonnna buy a rm2 at some point. i have the efest luc charger. its a little funky. before i charge my vom says batt is like 3.3v but when i put it in the luc it will say 3.6 to start. always says the battery is a higher vol.. and 2 times ive had the left bay stop charging the batt at 3.6v. i take the batt out and put it back in then it fully charges it. never has over charged thought. not really impressed its just got a neat lcd display. if i had it to do over id get the intellicharger i2. runnin aw imr 18650 1600 and will never stray from them till the world invents a new power source!:ohmy:

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
You are all SERIOUSLY the most helpful people on ECF, I swear!
Anyway, I bit the bullet. Closed the wanted ad, and placed an order for a brand new REO Grand and RM2. No blemished Grands were available, but I got the black wrinkle metallic red. Which looks phenomenal. Pictures when I get it!
I know it has to be signed for, but what's the average order-to-door time?

I just ordered my first REO also. Our orders were probably made within a few minutes of each other.

Before I placed the order, I called Robert to make sure a blemished silver hammer tone wasn't available. Alas, it wasn't. Robert said he didn't currently have any blems that hadn't been added to the website and probably wouldn't have any for a couple weeks.

I certainly don't have a problem paying full price for a non-blem...I just wanted to make sure one wouldn't show up on the site after ordering.

I'm pretty darn excited to get my Grand. I got a V-Mod earlier this week and have since fallen in love with bottom-feeders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread