About to place my order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyknow

Aug 29, 2013
OKC
I'm smoke free for over two weeks now :D, and ready to invest in what I hope will be my main go to mod. A Reo Grand!

I would like a little help (please) in getting my order correct. I have only used iClear 16's, which I had horrible luck with, and iClear 30's which worked perfect for two weeks straight.

What exactly would you you recommend to start with so I can vape right out of the mailbox :p so to speak.

Thanks in advance!

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
Get the rm2 with it! Never been needed by me, but a spare spring is smart for how little it costs.

Thanks to my phone, I could have posted this from anywhere.

This plus extra RM2 screws if their in stock an extra oring of each size wick and wire if you don't have any. If you don't know how to rebuild I'll be home this weekend. I can meet you somewhere and teach you how and let you test out a REO.

MochaNinja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Nawlins',LA
I'm smoke free for over two weeks now :D, and ready to invest in what I hope will be my main go to mod. A Reo Grand!

I would like a little help (please) in getting my order correct. I have only used iClear 16's, which I had horrible luck with, and iClear 30's which worked perfect for two weeks straight.

What exactly would you you recommend to start with so I can vape right out of the mailbox :p so to speak.

Thanks in advance!

Man, I wish I went down Reo-road 2 weeks in!:(

The stickies at the top of this forum are seriously invaluable. I'm constantly re-reading them for information,tips & tricks.

I would start here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/446819-reos-mods-helpful-links-get-you-started.html

Good luck!

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Welcome, Rhyknow! :)
:banana: Congratulations on your two weeks! :banana:
Most folks around here are going to recommend the RM2, but you can use any 510 or 306 threaded atty or carto. Before I used RBAs, I was rather fond of Cisco 306 atties and Joye 510 (gold band) atties. Never was fond of Cartos, but I've heard some good things about the shorty.
Batteries
Charger
Drip tips if you need them.
Button Cover Not necessary unless you have sensitive finger pads.
Repair Kit Not necessary, but handy if you are comfortable doing your own repairs.

As you no doubt are learning, everything vapes differently, so there is a learning curve. But no worries...we're here to help if you need us. :)

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Reo of your choice ....Grand recommended
RM2 Reomizer 2.0 .....Best bottom feeder for this mod
Spring ....................Having a spare is a good idea at the price get a few of them
O ring bottom fed rba 1.5mm and the 1.0mm......Both sizes in case you need the extra room for adjusting the air hole to the right place
Kanthal wire..... All three sizes because being new to this you can try all 3 and then get the one you like best in larger quantities
Delrin button cover if you like them
Other items not from Reosmods
CVS rolled sterile cotton .... one box should last years
AW 18650 batteries ..... 1600 Mah is said to be the better of the two because it provides a more consistent vape or 2000 Mah for longer battery life.
Charger I recommend the nitecore I 4 or the I 2

Welcome to Reoville have no fear we will be glad to help you find your ultimate vape. Good luck on your decision. And most important of all be sure to post pix so we can get our drool on.

Last edited:

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
the RM2 is out of my budget until next paycheck :(.

I thought I would get started with one of the inexpensive ones offered instead.

How should I determine what gauge of wire and mm of wick? I'm sure it boils down to personal preference but any advice?

Yeah the ones offered on his site are good to get you started. As for wick and wire it's preference. But I'd order some small bits from the site to test out when you get it.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Alright, the RM2 is out of your budget right now. Like the others, I'd suggest getting it as soon as you can as it'll take your vaping experience to the top level.

510/306 dripping atomizers/cartomizers will work wonders. I prefer the shorty cartomizer if you go that route, or a cisco dripping atty.

Remember to have batteries and a charger ready before the REO arrives. Regarding wire and wick, it's all about experimenting. You can get both kanthal wire or nichrome wire. I haven't been able to decide if I like one better than the other yet, I can't tell much of the difference in flavor, but it's there. I narrowed my preferences down to kanthal/nichrome 24g for anything but menthol. I do 12 wraps at 0.5 ohms, but anything with strong menthol I go to at the very least, 0.8 ohms. Halo's Subzero on half an ohm just cannot happen :p. I'm far into sub ohms so 24g allows me to do a ton of wraps for a massive micro coil and still get that low ohmage. Depending on the resistance you vape at, you'll find the wire that will give you the best vape. For wicks, I'm spoiled with cotton. I like fruity/sweet flavors and they taste magnificently in cotton. I tried silica but not a fan of it. Others might give you better advice as some people have tried SS mesh, eokwool, etc. The only thing with cotton, never ever let it get dry. You don't want a dry hit from cotton.

Welcome to Reoville!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
just wanted to check to see if my battery was safe too :)

Efest 2000 imr 18650 3.7v li-mn

Thanks again, and yes pics will come when I get it!

That battery is safe, and it'll work fine. BUT....you need more than one battery. I have at minimum 3 for each of my mods....just because they'll take a long time to charge and you don't want to be without. (You may have a drawer full of 18650 batteries, but you said "battery" and a red flag went up.) When you buy batteries again, or more, get the AW IMR 18650s. They are the battery that is recommended by the modmaker (redeyedancer) for the Grand.

I see you're in OKC....I'm in Tulsa. Hi and welcome. I go to Mustang a lot to see my daughter/grandkids, so if you need any one-on-one help, just PM me. Also, there are other Reonauts (Dturp) in Oklahoma City. When you get an RM2, I could give you some wire (several gauges) and some wicking materials (several kinds to try.) Let me know. Good luck. You and your girlfriend are very smart to hang in there and make vaping work, and you're REALLY smart to get a REO (end game mod) early on....you'll save a LOT of money in the long run.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Rhyknow, I also have several unused attys and some unusued cartomizers that you can have. If you don't end up getting the RM2 right away, PM me with your address and I'll stick some in the mail. Really. Or I'll bring them down and meet you at the mall. Or something. They're just going to waste and I was going to Pay Them Forward to someone. Might as well be you.

Jan

Rhyknow

Aug 29, 2013
OKC
You all are really incredible. I appreciate all the advice so much.

A new friend of mine is helping me grab an RM2 with my order tonight already, but thank you for the kind offering JC Okie. I'm sure the next new person to a Reo that isn't quite as fortunate as I am would appreciate those.

I do only have one 650 battery. I have 2 small ones that are 350 of the same brand. Is stacking those two an option or is that unsafe?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You all are really incredible. I appreciate all the advice so much.

A new friend of mine is helping me grab an RM2 with my order tonight already, but thank you for the kind offering JC Okie. I'm sure the next new person to a Reo that isn't quite as fortunate as I am would appreciate those.

I do only have one 650 battery. I have 2 small ones that are 350 of the same brand. Is stacking those two an option or is that unsafe?

No. Not an option. Unsafe. I have a couple extra used batteries I'd be glad to send you.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You need something to measure the ohms if you're getting an RM2. They are easy to build, but you don't want to short out your REO....and you could. The ohm meters a lot of us have are out of stock everywhere all the time. But you can pick up a cheap (get digital) multimeter at Lowe's or Home Depot or Ace Hardware....someplace like that. Or check out multimeters on Amazon. That will work just as well. You do need something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread