Not open for further replies.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Originally posted by raltenbach

I was actually trying (and still am trying) to make a Chartreuse e-liquid and ended up with what tastes like a nice French Absinthe.

For the base liquid:
15ml Clove liquid
7ml French Pipe
7ml Hilton (any smooth NON sweet tobacco would work)

To this I added:
10 drops Lorann Licorice
2 drops Lorann Wintergreen
1 drop Lorann Keoke Coffee (trust me)
1 drop Orange Cream flavor

Added a little VG to cut down nic content and increase vapor production.

Shake and enjoy.

Once I realized it tasted more like absinthe than Chartreuse, I poured myself a glass of Absinthe to compare the flavor. My first batch was made without the french pipe liquid or the coffee flavor but something was missing. Not quite bitter enough. After adding french pipe and ONE drop of Keoke Coffee it was damn near perfect. Then I added the drop of Orange Cream which really helped round out the flavor. Very complex taste just like the real thing.

--WARNING--
Your atty will taste like Absinthe for a very long time. Try it in a cartomizer first to see if you like it. I love this flavor, so I've dedicated a 510 atty to it.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
I am absolutely in love with The Perfumer's Apprentice new Absinthe flavoring!

I tested this, while it was in development, 2 months ago and I give it a big thumbs up. Although, I like it blended with key lime or Key Lime Freeze. It is very good and not quite licorice, more toward fennel/anise flavored.

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I am an Absinthe drinker, and can vouch that the TW absinthe flavor juice is very close to the real thing (some of the French varieties, anyway).
If you want to know where to get absinthe, drop me a PM. I'm sure the mods don't want me spewing alcohol links here. Don't be surprised if I ask a ton of questions on your tastes, first. Absinthe comes in many forms. My favorite, most clean tasting is Suisse La Bleue Clandestine (google it). Keubler 53 is a good staple to have around also. But if you like that mouth watering cheek puckering bitters German or Czech style, I can direct you to some of those (gack). The French varieties have a wide range of flavors, too. Fee Verte is nice, medium toned and summery, while Blanc is very crisp, almost like a nude woman on a winter morning. La Fee is the absinthe I saw my first green fairy (not really, but tripped something good). Of course I polished off 1/2 bottle after drinking an entire bottle of merlot. So I was well into my 'happy place' before I even got to the absinthe. Another brand I drank was "Original", and at 3am, wide awake, I watched the entire cosmos breathe... yeah good times.

I ran a few absinthe forums, lol... can you tell? I also hold an absinthe tasting every year. Everyone brings a bottle of their choice (some home made) and we all sit around and taste them like you would at a wine tasting. We compare/contrast the flavors, textures, etc. Drinking 18-25 full glasses of absinthe in an evening is not uncommon. Everyone leaves happy!

Wow, you are most definitely an experienced drinker. I've always been a fan of Absinthe, at first based on reputation, then when "Lucid" finally arrived. It's probably one of the least "real" absinthes out there, but it's all I could get. I was burned early on when looking for my first overseas Absinthe as the bottle, can't even remember, some Russian spinoff was very expensive ($95 back in 2003), took almost 6 weeks to get to me and sadly, in the end, arrived broken, its precious contents absorbed by the cheap Slovak newspaper it was wrapped in.

So now I languish in the cheap Sambucas and Ouzos and put an occasional drop of Anise in my 510 for my thrills. I still want some "real" absinthe, but the prohibitive cost, difficulty in acquiring and a very bad experience have me jaded :(

I am an Absinthe drinker, and can vouch that the TW absinthe flavor juice is very close to the real thing (some of the French varieties, anyway).
If you want to know where to get absinthe, drop me a PM. I'm sure the mods don't want me spewing alcohol links here. Don't be surprised if I ask a ton of questions on your tastes, first. Absinthe comes in many forms. My favorite, most clean tasting is Suisse La Bleue Clandestine (google it). Keubler 53 is a good staple to have around also. But if you like that mouth watering cheek puckering bitters German or Czech style, I can direct you to some of those (gack). The French varieties have a wide range of flavors, too. Fee Verte is nice, medium toned and summery, while Blanc is very crisp, almost like a nude woman on a winter morning. La Fee is the absinthe I saw my first green fairy (not really, but tripped something good). Of course I polished off 1/2 bottle after drinking an entire bottle of merlot. So I was well into my 'happy place' before I even got to the absinthe. Another brand I drank was "Original", and at 3am, wide awake, I watched the entire cosmos breathe... yeah good times.

I ran a few absinthe forums, lol... can you tell? I also hold an absinthe tasting every year. Everyone brings a bottle of their choice (some home made) and we all sit around and taste them like you would at a wine tasting. We compare/contrast the flavors, textures, etc. Drinking 18-25 full glasses of absinthe in an evening is not uncommon. Everyone leaves happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread