The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

absolutely in love with my new Triton!

Discussion in 'Halo' started by chellemakepeace, Sep 10, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chellemakepeace

chellemakepeace Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    Well I got my replacement Triton battery yesterday, and I am in love. Not only does this system enhance my juice enjoyment factors, it is so cute and easy to work. Right now I am working, and vaping tribecca in my lovely new little set up!

Thank you Halo. :D
    and Cinder, I blame you for my new Halo addiction!

2. LadyPharaoh

LadyPharaoh Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2013
    AL, USA
    Congratulations Chelle! :D

3. LadyPharaoh

Aug 5, 2013
    AL, USA
    Should have asked in the other post if you're using the Triton tanks or the G6 cartos/mini tanks. Have you tried any of the other Halo juices?

4. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    I am using the Triton tanks, and Have only tried tribecca in the new tanks/batteries so far. I do have a sampler, and i do love the new southern classic as well! Voodoo was not for me, just a bit too sweet/different?

I will be trying some of the new samples I got soon though! What is your fave?

5. LadyPharaoh

Aug 5, 2013
    AL, USA
    Love the Triton tanks too!

My first Halo fave was Tribeca and I still love it, but my "all day vape" is Southern Classic. I can honestly say that if you don't care for a Halo liquid, just cork it up and let it sit for a week or two then try it again. The taste will change and you might find that you like it. Happened to me in a big way with both Southern Classic and Shamrock. Seems the more these liquids age, the better they are.

6. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
  7. chellemakepeace

Jul 12, 2013
    Atlanta
    Yeah, I am now vaping the southern classic in my new set up, and it is delicious. Since I am new to this, do you find that voltage effects taste? etc?

8. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN

Good question! I don't know either. But so funny how everyone's tastes are so different. I didn't care for Southern Classic or Tribeca, but LOVE Voodoo! But...going to let those 2 steep further because LadyPharaoh is 100% correct..flavors do change after time and usually for the better!!!

9. LadyPharaoh

Aug 5, 2013
    AL, USA
    I'm a bit of a gadget hound and because vaping has a huge hobby draw, I just had to get a couple of APVs. I don't trust my knowledge level yet, as I've still got tons to learn about operating them. To answer your question, yes, voltage does affect taste. I like Voodoo and Tribeca at lower voltage and Southern Classic a little higher.

That said, in my limited experience, Halo juices taste best and produce the best vapor at the range the Triton batteries are spec'd for - 3.3 - 4.2 volts. It's almost like the Triton batteries and tanks were specially designed just to complement the liquids, which they do perfectly.

10. jefsview

jefsview Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 2, 2013
    Crete, Il
    Depends on the complexity of the juice in regards to voltage.

Voodoo benefits, since there is a lot going on. With VV and higher voltage, you can taste fruit that isn't in there :)

But most of the juice tastes the same no matter device. Perhaps a bit sweeter here, a little more pronounce note there. But Halo's juices are consistent, mostly, across various devices. I've used the triton tanks, protanks, dripped.

Belgian Cocoa is a bit creamier dripped using a mech with a 1.2 ohm microcoil, yet too harsh in a tank. Voodoo is complex and layered and is a bit harsh in the dripper, but in VV protank, you can pick up more flavors, even ones not really there. Torque56... is Torque56 :) YMMV.

11. Zactaylorswag

Zactaylorswag Full Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Iowa
    I also love my trition tank I have the color makes it look like its a bunch of different colors I cant really think of the name right now I love tribeca and lately I have vaped a lot of the voodoo I also bought a sample pack.

12. JR 137

JR 137 Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Albany, NY, USA
    Depending on the juice, voltage has a huge effect on flavor. Regardless of the juice, it has a big effect on vapor and throat hit.

The more complex the juice, the more voltage effects it. As was mentioned, Voodoo has a lot of different flavors that come out at different voltages. Tiki Juice also changes a good amount, but it's more of an emphasis on different subtleties rather than different flavors being thrown up front or in the background.

Halo's menthols are least effected by it (from all the Halo flavors I've tried anyway); that's most likely due to them not being very complex. There's only a few flavors in there. But it's got a big effect on throat hit; with menthol, throat hit is a huge factor.

If you're on the fence about buying a twist battery, definitely try one. Even if it doesn't get you the taste difference that you think it will, it's voltage regulated, which is a good thing. Regulated voltage means the voltage output won't drop; it'll taste the same right off the charge until the battery is drained. When my regular batteries get about 75-80% drained, the juices don't taste as good and vapor and throat hit drops off a good amount. That doesn't happen with a twist battery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.