Accidental Ecig Salesman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponda

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I attended CES (Consumer Electronics Show) convention in LV this year. On the last day I was in the convention, I decided to go check out the what the Chinese booths were peddling this year. It turned out that I found 4 different E-Cig vendors. Most of them were just standing there vaping openly and advertising their products.

I stopped to chat with one of them to find out about any new future models they might be making. I even showed them my 510 and vaped the whole time during the conversation. While there, other people started to come into the booth. One person saw me vaping my 510 and started to ask a bunch of questions about how it worked and whether it's like a real cigarette. Without realizing it, a small crowd of people had build around me while I was giving a very through demo.

One of them finally asked "How did your business do last year with this product?" I then realized that they had mistaken me to be the spokesman for the chinese company's booth that I was still standing in. I replied "I don't know, I don't work here. I am just a big fan of the product." :D I quickly wakled away after that.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I was at a local vendor's store earlier this week to get some replacement parts.

While we were talking, he mentioned needing help in the store and I mentioned I could handle a part time gig (film production work is slim around here these days)

In the meantime, 2 customers came in that had never tried the product. He ended up deferring some of their questions to me to answer.

Needless to say...I start next week.

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
I was at a local vendor's store earlier this week to get some replacement parts.

While we were talking, he mentioned needing help in the store and I mentioned I could handle a part time gig (film production work is slim around here these days)

In the meantime, 2 customers came in that had never tried the product. He ended up deferring some of their questions to me to answer.

Needless to say...I start next week.

Very awesome! (both stories)

a local vendor and I worked our way up to friendship which is pretty cool. Asked if I can come work for him a few days of the month which is fine by me. Anything is really better than my 2 hours where I work now... sheesh!:rolleyes:

Addi

Jan 6, 2010
Atlanta

Hope that works out well for you. This reminds me the local smoke/cigar shop I used to buy my analogs at (so glad I can use past tense there)..anyway the regulars would congregate there and smoke their pipes or cigars and chat with each other for hours. Maybe someday an E-Cig shop will open around here where we can buy supplies and then sit on comfortable leather chairs and vape away....complaining about those stupid analog smokers, or the weather, or the Miami Dolphins. ;)

*and every time I look at your avatar kitty and read your sig line I :D

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I attended CES (Consumer Electronics Show) convention in LV this year....

I too was at the show. Only missed one in 37 years. It was my first time on the mainland since quitting smoking.

It really told me what a small group we are. Out of the tens of thousands of people I passed by, I didn't see a single person using an e-cig. Even though I'm in a high tech industry, not one of my smoker friends had heard of them but most were enthused and "got it" as soon as they saw my DSE905. In fact I need to work up and send a guide to about ten of them in different parts of the world.

i busted out my 510 on campus today,i stood near the smoking area cuz i really dont want to get hassled before i get an answer back from the dean about using it anywhere but the smoking booths. i got a LOT of interest from it,nobody i talked to had ever seen one before. 2 of the ppl i spoke to asked me where to get one, I make an excellent salesman lol.

i busted out my 510 on campus today,i stood near the smoking area cuz i really dont want to get hassled before i get an answer back from the dean about using it anywhere but the smoking booths. i got a LOT of interest from it,nobody i talked to had ever seen one before. 2 of the ppl i spoke to asked me where to get one, I make an excellent salesman lol.

Aragael

Jan 21, 2010
Weaver, AL USA
I've been thinking about trying to become an affiliate or something with one of the current stores...I've been having to explain them to people everywhere I go, and most of the people sounded really interested. I don't think anyone around here sells them, unless one of the tobacco outlets has the basic kit and carts. I haven't thought of trying to actually order them from overseas and start my own part time business.

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
I've been thinking about trying to become an affiliate or something with one of the current stores...I've been having to explain them to people everywhere I go, and most of the people sounded really interested. I don't think anyone around here sells them, unless one of the tobacco outlets has the basic kit and carts. I haven't thought of trying to actually order them from overseas and start my own part time business.
Way I was looking at it is if I can't find a job I will create one. All I have been able to find is working security at a bar here a couple nights a week, which coincidentally puts me in a position to self promote easily. Hoping I can get it worked out soon.

webvapor

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
San Francisco
Way I was looking at it is if I can't find a job I will create one. All I have been able to find is working security at a bar here a couple nights a week, which coincidentally puts me in a position to self promote easily. Hoping I can get it worked out soon.

Man, I'm with you brother. I've heard some horror stories. Anyone out there looking right now knows it's just brutal!

I am definitely interested in starting my own e-cig business. Better than starving to death, lol. But seriously, if I could be making a living helping people quit analogs and and in the process compiling empirical data to determine smoking cessation rates and ensuing health benefits, I'm all for it.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I saw a posting a few days ago where healthcabin was looking for affiliates. May want to try their supplier section.

A couple of guys I know were fascinated by my e-cig, and I'm trying to get them to start selling e cig supplies. One sounded interested, but was concerned about possible state regulation...selling cigs is supposedly a PITA, and he was worried he'd be facing the same thing.

The other was the FDA or some other federal or state entity trying to regulate/ban/or tax e-cigs out of existence. With all of the un/misinformed decision makers out there, compromised by lobbyists and looking for new cash revenues, I can't say I blame him. It's one thing to be out a few hundred bucks if you can't use your ecigs anymore, but another to have a new business shut down that you've invested thousands of dollars and buckets of sweat equity in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread