Status
Not open for further replies.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
I dropped my Silver Bullet one time.
It had a Empire Mods 901 dripping atty with an adapter and drip shield.

Everything was fine except the 510->901 adapter broke.
That was a booger to get out of the atty.
There was a piece in the 510 connection on my SB and another piece stuck in my atty.

Concrete drop?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I bet they will make a lifetime movie about mod abuse.

011111.jpg

bikini_kill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2013
Oklahoma City, OK USA
I accidentally drop-kicked my Titanide Themis 14 + IGO-S about 10 feet down a concrete sidewalk the other day. It put a couple of tiny scratches in the gold-plating on the switch and scuffed up the top of my (gold-plated) drip tip. Very minor and purely cosmetic, but I'm super picky about appearance so it made me grumpy enough that I switched to carrying a different mod to walk the dogs. :mad:

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
Dropped my Vamo with iClear 30 onto a gravel parking lot. Stripped out the drip tip (now permanently attached) Vamo took no damage.
K100's with ProTank's has been dropped countless times on, wood, steel, gravel, pavement and concrete. K100's have yet to take damage, did break 1 ProTank when it hit concrete just right.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
:facepalm: It did a not very long drop onto a wooden floor. A Provari with a Vivi nova on top. The Vivi broke in the threading below the surface area. I damaged the Provari trying to get that booger out. Sent it to a friend that thought he might be able to help me out. Well, it ended up going back to Provape for repairs. The turn around was fantastic and I should have sent it to them to begin with. Live and learn *shoulder shrug*. They didn't charge me anything, I had gotten it only a couple of months prior.

Same Provari: a leaky Vivi, overnight, juice gets into the device by way of the minuscule opening around the power switch. I did the alcohol bath and it still wasn't quite right (I think the fall also made the inner workings a little wonky because it was a tad flakey even after coming back from Provape) it then just wouldn't power up. I ordered another Provari for backup and received it in the mail the same day I sent the other out to Provape for repair. Oh....and this is about a month after getting it back. My friends on the HHV sub-forum call me Spaz.....think it's deserved?!? :laugh:

Yes, I have broken a Provari, not only once....but twice. Yes, definitely user error.

I'm happy to report that I now have 2 flawlessly working Provari's. How long that will last? Bets anyone? :lol:

Oryx

May 13, 2013
Rowland Heights
I dropped my Silver Bullet one time.
It had a Empire Mods 901 dripping atty with an adapter and drip shield.

Everything was fine except the 510->901 adapter broke.
That was a booger to get out of the atty.
There was a piece in the 510 connection on my SB and another piece stuck in my atty.

lol that is my exact SB set up right now (plus a kick)! haha

i had a MAP tank on my Silver Bullet and dropped it on concrete last night. These mods are tough. I chipped the concrete, no lie. but my Map tank got a little knick on the edge..

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I accidentally dropped my ProVari on the grass ... and then rode over it with a mower.

Only some slight cosmetic damage really. This I tell myself quietly :oops:

View attachment 220797
Yea a little super glue and duct tape the hole shut and your good as new! and you have a nice big vent hole in case your damaged battery goes thermal;-)
I dropped my Provari and knocked the top cap crooked but I was able to seat it back down properly. I also cracked the screen in my Zmax from a drop. I took the screen from a friends broken one and was able to swap it for my cracked one.

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
My SVD tipped over and tumbled off the counter on to the floor. It had a full protank on it so it was a touch top heavy. I generally run my svd in 500 mode, the Pro tank snapped at the 510 connection. Now when i thread a 510 device onto svd its ....-eyed. :blink: Little irritating. Still works flawlessly tho.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
My SVD tipped over and tumbled off the counter on to the floor. It had a full protank on it so it was a touch top heavy. I generally run my svd in 500 mode, the Pro tank snapped at the 510 connection. Now when i thread a 510 device onto svd its ....-eyed. :blink: Little irritating. Still works flawlessly tho.

You can take a ego to 510 adapter and a big pair of channel locks or vice grips and bend it back. But this might do more damage its always a gamble. Chinese mods are made from pretty cheap materials.

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I've knocked my Provari off the bathroom counter to a marble tile floor while shaving at a hotel I was staying at about a year ago. At the time I was using DCT tanks with cartos. Small scuff at the bottom of the Provari, and cracked marble tile was the result. Provari still working fine, as I'm using it right now.

On another trip, I've sent my Reo Grand skittering across the parking lot when getting out of a rental car. I had kept it between my legs when turning off the car, and collecting my stuff and forgot that I had it there. Again, the damage was purely cosmetic.

SS Zmax fell out of hoodie pocket, while I was picking up garbage to take to the curb. It went rolling down the driveway..very faint cosmetic damage was the result.

Those are the 3 worst drops I've had in my 3 years of vaping. ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I've knocked my Provari off the bathroom counter to a marble tile floor while shaving at a hotel I was staying at about a year ago. At the time I was using DCT tanks with cartos. Small scuff at the bottom of the Provari, and cracked marble tile was the result. Provari still working fine, as I'm using it right now.

On another trip, I've sent my Reo Grand skittering across the parking lot when getting out of a rental car. I had kept it between my legs when turning off the car, and collecting my stuff and forgot that I had it there. Again, the damage was purely cosmetic.

SS Zmax fell out of hoodie pocket, while I was picking up garbage to take to the curb. It went rolling down the driveway..very faint cosmetic damage was the result.

Those are the 3 worst drops I've had in my 3 years of vaping. ;)

Well, I've done two years worth of damage in 7 short months. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread