Acorn Tank from Parkes Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
I was never a carto fan as I feel they change the taste of juice, and when I heard of the MAP tank I was pretty excited. i probably was doing something wrong...but i was getting dry hits after the initial 10 or so first hits... and after wasting juice and experiencing some leaking.. I gave up on tanks as I didn't want to go to the carto tank route.

I got a suggestion from Pamdane here on ECF to try the Acorn tank..... to be honest, i wasn't expecting much.... but it's EVERYTHING i wanted in a tank and more!!!

PRO's
- no syringe needed, the top is a screw on. leaking is just not possible
- in the MAP tank, sometimes the juice can get in the middle, causing you to suck up juice or leak through the bottom. not the Acorn tank! when you screw the top in, there's a metal tube that encases the middle post, so there's no way juice can get in there, unless maybe you hold it upside down
- NO DRY HITS. i have yet to get one and i been vaping this for hours. chain hit it 5 times in a row right now, STILL NO DRY BURNS
- IT's $10 FRIGGIN DOLLARS

CON's
- there's a rubber thing on top of the tank which isn't entirely flat, just an aesthetic thing
- not the best materials made, the tank looks to be made out of plastic. but it works great and is efficient in design, so not really a con imo.

i got the suggestion from Pamdane that the CE2's work better with smaller tanks, so I got the regular size which holds 3-4ml...using the 2.4-2.6ohm CE2's. they do offer XL for $12 that holds 6-7ml

seriously, these guys dont get enough love. my first review here on ECF which i personally think is well warranted, plus more

Link here:
http://www.parkesvaping.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

Tested with Pink Spot (about 50/50 mix)

Last edited:

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
PS. IF you take the bottom washer out and flip it over, it will raise the tank just enough that many top button tube mods wont need an extender- it works for my GLV. When the fluid starts to get low, you can roll the fluid up the side onto the wick, and keep going. Sometimes if the inner tube is too low over the CE2, it will hamper wicking. Just take the top off, wiggle the tube up a bit, and go to town.
Glad it worked for you. Cant beat the taste of a good ce2 for vaping, IMO.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I also have the acorn tank in regular size. Great price. No leaks. Easy fill with a twist cap.

The tube that covers the Ce2 is hollow of course as it has to be , if one is careful not to fill this tank past the bottom of that tube and keep it upright none will run down up into that tube when vaping .
A problem can arise if its filled past the bottom of that hollow tube that covers the airtube and turned upside down you will get juice into your mouth - tried it several times as i wanted to know either way.
But that happens in tanks .

I fill mine below that tube about 2.5ml of juice and can vape in normal cig position without any problems ever.
Its a darn good tank for the money and i intend to get more of them.

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
2 mishaps with my acorn tank in one day :( it got knocked over at work, lost a bunch of juice out of the top because the little rubber bit for the top of the ce2 that sits in the metal tube doesn't seem to seal right with the twist on/off cap.
If someone has a trick to deal with that please let me know! lol
Got that all cleaned up and not 2 hours later a new problem.
Put it in my purse which has a pocket that keeps it upright, must have gotten bumped, even though it just went from the car to the house that way.. went to grab it and the tank was empty and my sb and purse were covered with juice, everything had leaked out the bottom seal that was no longer seated around the bottom of the ce2.
I'm hoping this was just a freak day, I've only had it for a few days.
I really like the twist off feature. Makes it so much easier than trying to pry the top off like with other tanks, I have arthritis and can't always get my tanks apart for cleaning.
I think I need to file the end of that metal tube though, it's quite sharp and slices through the wick every time I put it on.
Again, if someone knows something I'm missing here on how to keep any of these things from happening, please let me know :)

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
2 mishaps with my acorn tank in one day :( it got knocked over at work, lost a bunch of juice out of the top because the little rubber bit for the top of the ce2 that sits in the metal tube doesn't seem to seal right with the twist on/off cap.
If someone has a trick to deal with that please let me know! lol
Got that all cleaned up and not 2 hours later a new problem.
Put it in my purse which has a pocket that keeps it upright, must have gotten bumped, even though it just went from the car to the house that way.. went to grab it and the tank was empty and my sb and purse were covered with juice, everything had leaked out the bottom seal that was no longer seated around the bottom of the ce2.
I'm hoping this was just a freak day, I've only had it for a few days.
I really like the twist off feature. Makes it so much easier than trying to pry the top off like with other tanks, I have arthritis and can't always get my tanks apart for cleaning.
I think I need to file the end of that metal tube though, it's quite sharp and slices through the wick every time I put it on.
Again, if someone knows something I'm missing here on how to keep any of these things from happening, please let me know :)

I want to know this stuff also..

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Hi Kenzi!
Well, I tried the filing part on the tube/mouthpiece, filed the edges a bit and also pulled it straight (it was curved in all around where it goes over the CE2) and now it doesn't grate against the wick, so that works.
As for the rest, I'm still afraid to leave the house with it because I have no fixes for the other problems.
Hopefully someone else has some ideas.

Sorry trukinlady, I must have missed your post.
The life of a CE2 can vary greatly depending on the maker and possibly the batch. I haven't used the ones from parkes much because I haven't been using my acorn tank because of the other problems, so no real info on their CE2's. But in my other ce2 tank I have tried CE2's from several places and some can last quite a long time with gentle cleaning (usually every other day, or when they start to taste burnt) and some don't even last a day. This last batch I got are pretty bad. The coil pops by the end of the day and they always taste burnt. But the ones I have from other vendors can last 1 or 2 weeks before the wick gets too damaged from cleaning, I have actually never popped a coil on one of those yet, I always just retire them due to wick damage. I've been looking at making them into the rebuildable version so I can just swap out new coils and wicks.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
Got mine today and so far NOT liking it. It gurgles something awful and the vape is less then impressive. Maybe I did something wrong? ugh.
also it sits sort of sideways unless I fiddle with it , feels flimsy like if I push it to straighten it up , it will leak from bottom.

Keep changing the VV and no matter I vape at it's not giving me a good vape and the crazy gurgling , I'm waiting for hot liquid to burn me ( ya know that feeling?)

Last edited:

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
yeah mine has a lean to it too.. but I'm scared to mess with it because I'm sure that will cause it to leak. A little gurgling is fine, but if it's excessive or you have leakage out of the battery end you might want to try re-seating the little silicone bit for the top of the CE2. The best way I have found to get this in at least almost the right place was to push it down so it would be close to the top of the ce2 then after getting the top screwed on use tweezers to turn the silicone bit a little and push it down to get it to sit right. It's a hassle and takes some time, but it could help you a little. I've been sticking with my arry tank, it's more expensive and uses clear ce2s instead of the metal ones, so it's a little less hassle there, but it's a great vape(well it was until I got the bad batch of ce2's) and it doesn't leak! Good luck Kenzi, I'm hoping someone will let us know if there is a way to stop the leaking issues and seating the silicone bit properly.

Kenzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
Upstate NY
yeah mine has a lean to it too.. but I'm scared to mess with it because I'm sure that will cause it to leak. A little gurgling is fine, but if it's excessive or you have leakage out of the battery end you might want to try re-seating the little silicone bit for the top of the CE2. The best way I have found to get this in at least almost the right place was to push it down so it would be close to the top of the ce2 then after getting the top screwed on use tweezers to turn the silicone bit a little and push it down to get it to sit right. It's a hassle and takes some time, but it could help you a little. I've been sticking with my arry tank, it's more expensive and uses clear ce2s instead of the metal ones, so it's a little less hassle there, but it's a great vape(well it was until I got the bad batch of ce2's) and it doesn't leak! Good luck Kenzi, I'm hoping someone will let us know if there is a way to stop the leaking issues and seating the silicone bit properly.

Thanks for taking the time to reply . It's kind of nice to know that I'm not alone with these is sues.

The gurgle is so crazy , I can't stand it. I actually emptied half the tank and burned ,burned and burned some more , then let it sit upright for a few hours and still it gurgles like crazy . The vape I get from it is less then I get from my simple carto's .

I wish things would just work the way I expected them to (LOL) I know e-cig's , and all the paraphernalia, is still sort of new and evolving, but it can be discouraging and challenging.

But then again I owe them a lung since they got me off cigarettes (which now seem so disgusting to me) . I'm going to look up the Arry Tank , It concerns me that it uses a plastic carto though ...can it take a metal one?
Thanks again for your help!!!!!

DeviantDe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2011
Sunnyside, Wa
www.facebook.com
Thanks for taking the time to reply . It's kind of nice to know that I'm not alone with these is sues.

The gurgle is so crazy , I can't stand it. I actually emptied half the tank and burned ,burned and burned some more , then let it sit upright for a few hours and still it gurgles like crazy . The vape I get from it is less then I get from my simple carto's .

I wish things would just work the way I expected them to (LOL) I know e-cig's , and all the paraphernalia, is still sort of new and evolving, but it can be discouraging and challenging.

But then again I owe them a lung since they got me off cigarettes (which now seem so disgusting to me) . I'm going to look up the Arry Tank , It concerns me that it uses a plastic carto though ...can it take a metal one?
Thanks again for your help!!!!!

I'm glad to tell you what I can. Sometimes hearing someone elses' experiences with a product can help us figure out how to go about fixing our own problems with it, I know it's helped me quite a few times since I started with e-cigs.

I know how you feel about the not working like you expect bit. I've run into a few things that ended up very disappointing.

The arry ce2 tank uses the clearomizers(that's just a CE2 with a plastic tube covering) all you really do is pull the plastic tube off and put the CE2 into the tank, only other piece you still need it the little silicone bit and as long as you put that on right then the gurgle is light and only occasional, like after laying it on its side or upside down for too long. Super easy. I even fill my tank before I put the top cap on, so only refills are done with the syringe for me. I think you can use the metal tubed ce2's but you would still have to pull the metal tube off and swap o-rings to get it to fit, and I've never really tried to pull one of them out of the metal tubes so I have no idea how easy or difficult that may be. So it's a little different from the MAP style tanks, but really only with that you don't have to use cut metal ce2's. If you like using the cut CE2's instead, you can always go with a real MAP tank, or someone else's version of it.

RRoberts - mine didn't have all the washers in it, just the one silicone bit (don't need the washers much anyway, and I have tons of them laying around if I ever do lol) still the lid screwing on will often times leave the main silicone bit out of place and I always had to mess with mine.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Warning Will Robinson

The trick to using this tank is not to fill more than 1/3 (2ml is about right). Do that and you'll never get juice in your mouth or gurgle and it vapes like a champ. If the liquid is filled just to the point where the Metal Round tube ends you are right on spot.

The ability to unscrew it is fantastic. It servest the dual purpose that filling is brain dead and also you are always centered.

This is the only Tank Cartridge that I can change the cartridge super easily. This is due to the sealing on the bottom being a maleable rubber. The other Map2 I had to use a pliers.

The drawback is that the rubber sealings are flimsy, I haven't had an accident but I expect to. With only filling 1/3 you might have to fill it once a day.

On the other hand with the big tanks, seems like you get a thick concentration of the liquid at the bottom after a few days so the vape is raunchy. So I dump the tank and rinse with water every day.

The ce-2 cartridge lasts me about two weeks of non stop vaping. I only have used two types of liquids. Halo American Liquid which is very clean and no sediment 80%PG and 20%Vg according to Halo. I Also started using my own DIY which is 100% Vg thinned with alcohol and may contain between 10-20% PG in the flavor base.

So far this is the best tank on the market if used as suggested.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread