Acrolain? Following article claims Nicotine-Free E-Cigarette Vapor Also Damages Lung Cells!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emolinare

May 29, 2015
I just came across this article, claiming that even nicotine-free e-liquids contain lung-harming substances like acrolein:

[URL='http://lungcancernewstoday.com/2015/06/08/nicotine-free-e-cigarette-vapor-also-damages-lung-cells/']Nicotine-Free E-Cigarette Vapor Also Damages Lung Cells Lung Cancer News Today[/URL]

What I hate about articles such as these is that they're almost always posted with some scary headline and usually end up saying there isn't a proper research into topic or they're awaiting further investigations.

Anyhow, can anyone comment on what 'acrolein' is? I've heard of formaldehyde being created when vaping on high wattage, but this is the first time I hear of acrolein.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Thanks. Looks like "acrolein test" actually checks for the presence of glycerin. Which would explain finding acrolein in e-cigarette vapor even without nicotine being present.
Interesting. I'd like to see a absorption comparison for cigarette smoking vs e-liquid vaping, that would tell a lot.

I believe a lot of people would. Funding is scarce. We are to busy funding every other country in the world or next senator XXX little pet project for his/her son/daughter in law.

Dr. F probably has done some of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread