The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

acting funny

Discussion in 'SmokeStik' started by Ghost147, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ghost147

Ghost147 Full Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2009
    Waco TX
    i've got the smokestik platinum (im guessing a 4081). anyways, it's acting funny. sometimes it will vape and sometimes not. both batteries are charged. last night it wouldn't do anything with one batt and bearly with the other. this morning nothing with either. then i blew out the atomizer and got alot of juice out of it. then it smoked one puff and wouldn't do anything. i blew it out again and nothing came out. so i slid the cart back on, and holding my hand to the end to see if the light lit up, i puffed and it worked. then the next puff it didn't. it seems to work better when i hold my hand close to the light up tip for some reason. anyways, any ideas on what's going on? im new to this as this is my 2nd day with this pv and i may be doing something wrong, or is there something wrong with the pv?

2. TRIPP

TRIPP Full Member

Oct 7, 2009
    Ohio
    are you "dripping" on your atomizer?

aside from my question... try cleaning the connections... just get a cloth of some sort and wipe the threads on both the atomizer and the battery. it randomly working and randomly not may just be because there is gunk in your threadings :p

3. Ghost147

Oct 21, 2009
    Waco TX
    Now it won't work at all. The battery lights up when I puff if still a bit fitfully.

4. MattNKB

MattNKB Full Member

Maybe your atty is flooded still... try blowing the excess juice out, then let it set aside and dry a little. Maybe its a bad atty....

5. Ghost147

Oct 21, 2009
    Waco TX
    i blew it out and let it sit for about 4 hours. i would leave it longer but with only 1 atty i get impatient. i cleaned the threads with an edge of my shirt and it turned it black. it dosen't look dirty but apparently is. im still getting spotty performance out of it though. right now it's working like a champ. 2 hours ago the atty wouldn't even get hot. it's back and forth. i've changed batteries, charged both batteries, the LED's arn't blinking or anything. it dose seem like a bad connection. really kinda dissapointed. im trying to use this one to impress and perhaps convince my parents to give up analogs and try them. no luck thusfar. if this keeps up there'll be no chance of it as they are already saying "atleast my ciggarette stays lit". :confused:

6. cliff5550

cliff5550 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sounds like bad batteries. I just received two "new" batteries from a dealer I usually don't deal with and both suck. One is nearly dead on arrival and the other kinda dies out soon. Charger says they're ready, but they are not. When I put any of my other batteries on, all works well. We've been using them for months and all is good...except the two I just received. Won't be buying from him again.
    We had great cooperation from our original vendor, Discount SmokeSticks, and was able to exchange a battery and, I think, an atomizer when we first started.

7. acezzz

acezzz Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
    the smokestik batteries are notorious for having a sticking switch inside. you have to clean the threads with alcohol on the battery and atty then roll up some kleenex, dip it in the alcohol and clean the hole in the battery out. if that doesnt help try using a paperclip and gently poke it in the battery hole till you feel the switch which will seem kind of rubbery. be careful and dont push it in there too hard, just push the switch lightly and pull it back out. i have done this to several of my smokestik batteries and they all work great now.

8. Ghost147

Oct 21, 2009
    Waco TX
    think one of the batteries has already given out.

9. Ghost147

Oct 21, 2009
    Waco TX
    yeah i can't get the end to even light up. it was working great last night. i put it on the charger over night and nothing this morning. i've played with it all day and still nothing. kinda dissapointed.

10. Ghost147

Oct 21, 2009
    Waco TX
    Ok, I tried moving the switch with a paperclip. still nothing. won't light up won't respond. to make matters worse i've lost my 2nd battery so im once again vapeless. I really hope the joye 510 works better than this. im highly dissapointed with smokestik not lasting a week of use.

11. Ghost147

Oct 21, 2009
    Waco TX
    Further update with this thing. The 2nd battery will work only if I hold my fingers over the 2 air holes where the atty and battery connect.if I do that I can take small puffs. Tr frat battery still dose nothing.

12. Tank

Tank Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I am not sure why you are wasting your time with the smokestik, cut your losses and research something on the forums here that will work for ya :)

Trust me...been there...dont go through my pain!

13. pete347

pete347 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    toronto
    hey, i just got my smoke stick yesterday.. ive noticed with one of the batteries it will light up 6 times and stay on.... i blow in the led end and shake it and it usually goes away. my other battery is good so i just swap them out when this happens.. at first i thought it might indicate a weak battery but it has done it now today on a full one.. any ideas? anyone elses doing this? ghost, is this what urs did when it started to ..... up? other than that issue i love the thing! i asked a doctor today about it he didnt really have an answer about the health risks associated with this product. but said hed look into it for me. so ill let ppl know when i get an answer.. haha and the looks i get from ppl when i bust my smoke stick out INSIDE public places is hilarious.. fkn non smokers cant say anything cuz it doesnt smell!! :D

14. MoparMike

MoparMike Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    My smokestik had problems from the start. The batteries were bad so I swapped them, after the second return the store exchange my normal model for the jet. It still had a bad battery so I swapped that one out. Now it does work but some attys I have to cover the holes you mentioned to get a good vapor. The auto switches do stick from time to time and needless to say I am buying another model. I think it is ok for a part-time vape but it is not a reliable all-day product.

15. Chefdeuce
    This message by Chefdeuce has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Apr 29, 2010.
    Jan 9, 2010
  16. lorikay13

lorikay13 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Oregon
    Not anymore :) We're good. oh....and please...dont stick a paper clip in to your battery!@! If it doesn't work just call us...we will send you a new one. It happens....it's a tiny little electronic part that just flew half way across the world in extreme heat,cold and variances of barometric pressure..... have some compassion for the poor little guy. We got your back.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.