Actual 801/901 Connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Found a supplier in china who MAY be able to get the actual 801/901 connectors. Would there be any interest in ACTUAL connectors for mods??
No more cutting up batteries or making them out of phone jacks.

Supplier wants to know if it would be worth their time to find them. What do you think??

If they can find them I will give out the suppliers name and you can contact them directly.

BarryK

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2008
Essex ENGLAND
I would love to see if it is possible to get them without all the other crap attached to them. The Joye510 is a particular problem since it still doesn't have a workaround for the connector. DSE is a great start though.

Me too - to be able to knock an e-cig together without first having to strip down a battery would be a big plus.............

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Posted this is the other threead with the same title:

What might be a good idea is:

if someone wants to set up a little business and has the cash to invest in stock:
selling kits of parts. I'd say the NicoStick would be a good choice.

You would get the proper atty connector, case, switch(es), battery (the one normally need to get from China if not to cost a fortune), perhaps some wire and an LED and resistor. Possibly the case could be pre-drilled too.

It would be worth the kit maker to buy the connectors in bulk, and I suspect the price could be brought down to $199/1000 with some bargaining (I have some experience in China). The batteries could be shipped at the same time as the connectors.

Better than getting the parts from all over. And with a real connector (the tricky part normally) and push-on connectors (no soldering) it could sell quite well ...

Last edited:

Laredo7mm

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Any update on this?

I just made about 6 inches of connector material ( have enough stock to make six feet) the other night. M8 x .75 with about a 6mm ID. the thread size is great but I still have to rig up the something on the inside of the connector for the positive contact.

Having a source of premade, pre assembled factory connectors would be great. Would the connectors form the source have the wire leads already soldered to the contacts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread