The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Actual Store you can go and visit

Discussion in 'UK Forum' started by Trilly, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trilly

Trilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2011
    Derbyshire, UK
    OK, I'm really excited, I work in Stockport (near manchester) and there is now a bricks and mortar shop in the town centre! The staff are great and there have plenty of flavours to try (hense I spent my lunch hour in a yummy foggy haze)

So pleased I have one near me now :)

2. perpetua

perpetua Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 8, 2010
    UK
    Lucky you Trilly. :D

I'd be completely bankrupt, rather than just slightly if I had a store like
    that on hand to browse!

3. liquidator

liquidator Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 2, 2012
    Berkshire UK
    When I was first researching the ecig I checked out what my local tobacco suppliers (Reading/Windsor) had to offer online to see if it was worth popping along to try one. I was surprised that they only had a couple of samples (all stated that these were not available online)

I was surprised by this half hearted effort as I am sure the ecig is going to get very popular. Looking back, I am actually quite glad they have not embraced ecigs because it is quite obvious that they do not care about a safer method of smoking (vaping to us) It means that they will now get left behind and it gives a chance for new business people to get a head start.

I am not a big fan of large supermarkets, but I am going to say well done to Sainsbury's for displaying one on their front counter of their Backy kiosk, this gave me the nudge I needed to get on the Internet and find this site that led to a good supplier.

All that is needed now is for someone to invent a way of vaping beer and I'm sorted. :toast:

4. balexstephens

balexstephens Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2012
    england
    :ohmy: I wish there was one near me! Can't even find one in London!

5. Trilly

Trilly Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2011
    Derbyshire, UK
    I was so surprised, it's only been going a month but I don't normally get down to that end of the precinct but I needed the chemist. The shop is really well stocked and the staff are relatively knowledgeable, only stocking manual systems at the minute but they are looking at auto's as there are a few people specifically asking for them, even more surprised how many long term vapers were in there for things too.

While it's about on par with the prices on line it's so handy to have one so close for if I need batteries or juice in an emergency

6. Chillerhippie

Chillerhippie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    West Yorkshire, UK
    In Bradford Kirgate Market, there is a Totally Wicked store. The guy who runs it is fantastic and very passionate about vaping.

nearly all the products he sells he will let you sample before you buy.

The only downside is the price of the TW stuff compared to other brands.

I must admit though, the TW range of flavours are very nice and there DCT's last ages.

I've had mine now for about 2 weeks and apart from it getting a bit hard to inhale at 1 point, it's still vaping like new!

7. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

8. mhyquel

mhyquel Full Member Verified Member

Jul 12, 2012
    UK
    I think that UK Ecig store is in soho.

9. Jay99

Jay99 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    United Kingdom
  10. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Blimey Jay, the price of their kits is a tad over the top :shock:

11. Jay99

Apr 25, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Which is why I bracketed (poor) on my post, I would never buy anything from them kit wise, ever. £4.99 is a good price for a 10ml bottle and it is close to where I live, so when its too late to order online and I need a nicotine fix, I could hop on my motorbike and scoot up there. Its also a printer cartridge shop too.

12. Lutonant

Lutonant Full Member Verified Member

I wish there was a shop close to me but maybe that's a good thing

13. Jay99

Apr 25, 2012
    United Kingdom
  14. Lutonant

Lutonant Full Member Verified Member

15. Escapedfromdeath

Escapedfromdeath Full Member Verified Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Kent
    The community is crying out for bricks and mortar shops but I think most vendors do well enough online without the hassle and expense of a premises. How many people would pay more for the privilege of buying from a shop that would have to charge a bit more to cover extra overheads?. Would the retailer lose out from people using them to try things then going online to get it cheaper?
    IMO retail shops would massively increase the general publics awareness and the profile of vaping. It still seems like an underground affair to most people which I think scares a lot of them off.
    Maybe I'll open a shop myself. Who's in kent that would use a shop?

16. likeatrainwreck

likeatrainwreck Full Member Verified Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Stockport, UK
    Trilly - I'm from Stockport too, where abouts is the shop? What is it called? I often walk through the centre but I haven't noticed it! Very exciting!!

17. sabrina68

sabrina68 Full Member

Sep 25, 2012
    uk
    hi trilly wer abouts in stockport is the shop ?

18. Ewol

Ewol Full Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Manchester, UK
    Ha, that's literally a couple of mins away in the car for me. I had no idea, but based on those prices I'm glad I looked online first. What's their juice like?

19. gv2222

gv2222 Full Member Verified Member

Oct 7, 2012
    UK
    TW has a shop in Blackpool now too and another opening soon nearby, it's not bad for the juice..

20. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.