ACTv3 (Arry Carto Tank) is coming to Stormy's Vapor Cellar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Hey Lee...... I'm curious to know how you did the CE2 steel carto for the Arry tank. I'm also using a ProVari.
I have quite a few of them and hadn't thought about trying one until I saw your post. Did you put the hole in the same spot as the Boge cartos? What about the gasket around the ceramic cup -- did you leave that in place or remove it? The CE2 looks just a tad shorter than the Boge... did you have to do anything to compensate for that? Did you use the little o-ring that you use on the Boge when putting the CE2 into the bottom cap of the Arry? I'm just full of questions. LOL
I'm wondering what he can do with the V4 to improve what we have in the V3. I'm very anxious to see the new version and what is different. Arry is one heck of a modder and I'm glad Stormy hooked up with him.
Any info or tips you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks..... horton -- out

Last edited:

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I was just thinking (that is dangerous at times I know....lol) ..... if he leaves the "fill" gasket in the carto it would help prevent any leakage and you aren't going to be filling through it with the hole in the side to take in fluid.
In terms of what you are doing Stormy, are you basically making a "disk" with the end of the silicon cap and letting it sit on top of the carto to fill the gap? I'm trying to visualize how you are doing it.
So many questions, so little time......
Hey, maybe we can call this the Arry V3.5 or CE2 edition?? lol horton -- out

badkarmaiii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2011
Albuquerque, NM
Hey Lee...... I'm curious to know how you did the CE2 steel carto for the Arry tank. I'm also using a ProVari.
I have quite a few of them and hadn't thought about trying one until I saw your post. Did you put the hole in the same spot as the Boge cartos? What about the gasket around the ceramic cup -- did you leave that in place or remove it? The CE2 looks just a tad shorter than the Boge... did you have to do anything to compensate for that? Did you use the little o-ring that you use on the Boge when putting the CE2 into the bottom cap of the Arry? I'm just full of questions. LOL
I'm wondering what he can do with the V4 to improve what we have in the V3. I'm very anxious to see the new version and what is different. Arry is one heck of a modder and I'm glad Stormy hooked up with him.
Any info or tips you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks..... horton -- out

horton,
Hole is in the same spot as a Boge. I made is as large as possible to facilitate juice flow.
The topmost plug will seal into the top cap around its edge so it doesn't matter if the carto is a little shorter.
I enlarged the wick slots in the main CE2 seal and discarded the donut seal. With the improved wicking, I run mine at 5 volts on the ProVari.
The o-ring at the bottom of the carto is critical. I special-ordered a dozen at Southwest Seal, a local shop. IIRC, they are metric 6mmx1.2mm, buna.

HTH,
Lee

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks for the help Lee. I'm going to give it a try and will report how it works for me. I learned the hard way about that bottom o-ring -- had quite a little puddle before I noticed the leaking due to lack of a good seal sans the o-ring. Also, thanks for the size of the carto o-ring. I'm sure I'll be needing some and like to be stocked ahead of time. Wonder if I'll be able to find them around here? If not, there has to be some online store that will have them --- hint, hint, Stormy......

Stormy -- I was referring to filling the CE2 "standalone", when I was talking about the "holes in the side". I should have worded the sentence better. It's no wonder my teachers got on me about my writing skills....lol Sorry about that. horton -- out

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Here's mine with an XL CE2, I love it!

ce 2 ACTv3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread