Status
Not open for further replies.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
As BIG fan of the 801 series (especially Joye 302 @ 5-ish volts) attys, I have been frustrated by adapters. Many people find the 801 series "too airy". I have been studying the issue and conclude that while these style attys CAN BE "too airy" - when air-flow is correct, I get way more flavor from my juices over ANY other attys I have tried (almost every atty available). Granted, the longer tubes can also result in a slightly cooler vape, as there is more space for the vapor to expand and cool a bit before reaching your mouth. There are shorter versions available. Personally, I find the longer tube and slightly cooler vape could possibly be CONTRIBUTING to the expansion of flavor these attys seem to provide.

However, if the airflow is not "right" - these attys can prove disappointing. Yesterday I posted (under "Technical Issues") some of my findings after a closer look at my collection of 510 to 801 adapters (with pictures). One of them, labeled "(1)" in my post, clearly stands out above the rest in providing BEST airflow. As you can see, if you read thru the longish detailed post, the problem is that I have no idea where I found THAT specific adapter and have no idea where to get more (reasons explained in post).

My adapter study (and request for input and/or feedback) is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dapters-w-pics-airflow-attys-little-help.html

In my continuing pursuit of perfecting my enjoyment of the 801 series vape, I stumbled upon a new "STEALTH" adapter sold by Welcome To VaporFlow | Fine Electronic Cigarettes, Liquid & Accessories. (coinkydincal name given the "air-flow" {vapor} issue and this source for a better adapter). These are called "stealth" because they are super short at only 8mm long and pretty much disappear when attached to device and atty. They are a bit pricey at $6.99 EACH but other vendors still charge more I have seen prices as high as $8 for a single adapter). I decided to order a few of these STEALTH adapters to try anyway. Much to my pleasant surprise - they have the exact same design characteristics as the version "(1)" in my post - just shorter. So, if you want to get some better insight into which design elements contribute to "better airflow", read my longish post linked above.

Alternatively, if don't care about why and just want an adapter that seems to have the best airflow for 801 series attys (that I have found thus far), simply go to this link and order some: "Stealth" 510 to 801 Adapter - VaporFlow

VaporFlow also has the "Stealth" adapters in 510 to 901 but I have not tried those yet. In my next order you can bet I'll get some tho :p

REGGAEGEEK

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
West Georgia
the 801/302 atty is my favorite as well for many reasons but I too don't like the "too light" draw that some of them give. I love the flavor at ~5v+- and they produce good vapor. They also seem to provide that slight "smoky" flavor when using tobacco flavors that come from the atty and not the juice. I usually plug a couple of the holes on the 4-hole versions and 1 hole on the 2-hole versions if the draw is too light. The be112s and the real joye 302s seem to be the best for me. My biggest dislike has been the length. I even tried a couple of the mini 801s from vaprlife but at 10 bucks a pop and dripping only, not for me as i go thru 1 a week since they are awsome when fresh. I will have to get a couple of the "stealth" adapters to try. Thanks for the great info. It's just too hard to keep up with everything new all at once. I have a provari on preorder as well but i'm down the list a bit so i probably won't see it for a while yet.

Bootsand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
Excellent post, Nebula, I'm getting a Darwin here soon and am eager to try out non-510/306 atties for the first time ever... I found both your posts incredibly useful.

Unfortunately, Vaporflow only has the 510->901 adapter, and it's sold out... I don't think they carry the 510-801 any longer.

In case anyone else is looking for the stealth adapters as well, I think I have found the same ones (link below), but as I've never used them yet I can only go off pictures. They do look the same.

Stealth Adapter - Avid Vaper

I'm ordering both versions now... great timing too as I needed another 2 306 atties, and this is the only place to get genuine Cisco's now, I think.

Sorry for bumping a 2 month old thread, but figured an updated link might be useful :)

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I love the stealth adapters I got from Avid Vaper. They don't get stuck in the attys, for one thing, and they're as adjustable for airflow as the standard 510-801 adapters. Good Prophets sells a standard adapter that's a little bit shorter than average but its nowhere near as stealthy as the stealth. I use the stealth on my Reo, my Phidias (don't tell Fono) and on my Silver Bullet. One is stuck on my Omega but adapters are prone to get stuck on it and the Silver Bullet though I still can't figure out why because I'm careful to the point of obsession.

I remove adapters at night or when I'm finished using them and soak them in alcohol or wash them thoroughly in hot soapy water. I swab the underside of my 801s after they've drained overnight and wipe out the atty connector with alcohol wipes before putting the adapter on. And, the stealth - as I said - responds well to this treatment by screwing in and out of every connector (except the damn Omega this time) and atty easily. Good investment and a must buy, imho.

Vaping Monkey

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Lakewood, CA
www.vapervenue.com
Just saw this thread and am also a 801 fan (Ikenvape's HV mini801). I use a standard 510 to 801 adapter along with my Silver Bullet. So is there a change in airflow compared to the standard adapter. So far i'm loving mine, the drag is similar to a "packed" cigarette where the drag is semi-stiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread