• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

ADD and sorting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
OK, so I LOVE to sort. It is one of the few activities that I can actually focus on til the end. So here's an example. My boss had a pile of around 200 papers that needed to be sorted by company name. She asked for a volunteer so I jumped on it.

I went into a room by myself where I was able to 'spread out'. I literally spent hours on this...uninterrupted....and when I was done, I put all the piles in alphabetical order. It was great! Honestly, I don't know if I could do that all day long...as a main job....but it sure was a welcome break.

Anyone else like sorting....and find some relief in it?

Lu

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is hilarious. I can sort and organize endless other people's stuff. My own - disaster.
Who sneaks in and piles all this stuff on my desk? I mean, it was totally organized a week ago.

I love to count! Give me inventory and I am a happy counter for hours.

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
My problem.. I like starting I just forget to finish :p
(so many unfinished projects around here, I think my house has become the "lost sorting room")

Just found this group, but I have to say, ^^ is me to a tee! I have about 15 projects in various stages of doneness. When I can afford my Ritalin, I start getting things done. However, since I am a contractor it is hard for me to stay on it as my insurance changes every three months or so, so I have to start all over again. I don't necessarily mind, but my wife does!

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Years ago, I used to LOVE doing jigsaw puzzles. I even once worked at a job where one was set up in a side room so when you got stressed out, you could go and veg out at the puzzle. Thing is, I never wanted to go back to work :D

I guess I just got away from doing them but I had my grandson this past week and I helped him put together some puzzles. It was a blast! I swear I could work on those for hours and never get bored. Feels good to be able to really focus on something longer than 5 minutes :p

Lu

I think this is why I love programming, it's one big jigsaw puzzle. I can sit in my zone and code. Everyone always says I'm nuts because the only room in the house that I smoke in is my office. I sit here and zone into my code and puff away. I'm now vaping about half the time. My office smell so much better and so do I. Once I make the switch completely, I may have to move my office into the house where it's warmer instead in the unheated attached room....LOL

mgaruccio

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
Ohio
I think this is why I love programming, it's one big jigsaw puzzle. I can sit in my zone and code. Everyone always says I'm nuts because the only room in the house that I smoke in is my office. I sit here and zone into my code and puff away. I'm now vaping about half the time. My office smell so much better and so do I. Once I make the switch completely, I may have to move my office into the house where it's warmer instead in the unheated attached room....LOL

Theres an easier solution to the heat problem, just get a computer that puts out so much heat you wont need it, just forgetting to turn of my PC at night(and then subsequently in the morning when I wake up and stumble out the door) raises the temps in my PC room by at least 5-10 degrees...although the 1ghz overclock probably has something to do with that...

sweetz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
Texas
Ahhh sorting!! There was one time I found a tin can of masterlock pad locks and keys in a friend's house, and commenced to spending half a day sorting joyfully until I ended up with the only four functioning locks in the entire tin!! :D

And boxes, lovely different size boxes to put things in. I swear, the second I got my first ecig I got to work making sure it was in just the right container lol!!

Ok, done geeking out for the moment!! On to the other five projects I've been neglecting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread