Addicted to 6v & 1.5ohm DCC's. Yowza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Normally vape PinkSpot's Blu Spot 12mg on a standard 4081 3.7ohm w/ adapter on my Prodigy V3.1. Love the flavor, & tried it previously on a smok DCC XXL 1.5ohm & my Riva 3.7v, found it a bit throat-searing, possibly due to the citrus-y nature of the juice. I thought I found my sweet spot for this juice with the high res 4081's, even vs. Boge SR's.

A buddy told me to try the DCC's @ 6v. Against my better judgement (common sense predicts that 6v will be almost double the throat sear as 3.7v, yes?) I just did, and wow. It's like some bizarre bell curve of sorts; the same exact cart still tastes terrible on my Riva but flies on the Prodigy @ 6v.

Hello new daily vape.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Normally vape PinkSpot's Blu Spot 12mg on a standard 4081 3.7ohm w/ adapter on my Prodigy V3.1. Love the flavor, & tried it previously on a Smok DCC XXL 1.5ohm & my Riva 3.7v, found it a bit throat-searing, possibly due to the citrus-y nature of the juice. I thought I found my sweet spot for this juice with the high res 4081's, even vs. Boge SR's.

A buddy told me to try the DCC's @ 6v. Against my better judgement (common sense predicts that 6v will be almost double the throat sear as 3.7v, yes?) I just did, and wow. It's like some bizarre bell curve of sorts; the same exact cart still tastes terrible on my Riva but flies on the Prodigy @ 6v.

Hello new daily vape.

Fabulous. Although my "addictions" tend to be short lived.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Wow, that's 4 amps and 24 watts.
What kind of batteries put out 4 amps that can fit in a Prodigy?

2 stacked tenergy 3.0v will fit. I have 4 Prodigy's and they are just lovely at 6V. The 4.8v Nihm battery fits also.

You can't beat any of the DCC's (any size) at 6V...vaping nirvana.

AndAllThingsWillEnd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Wow, that's 4 amps and 24 watts.
What kind of batteries put out 4 amps that can fit in a Prodigy?

I look at it as 12 watts working in tandem to create vaping heaven... Haha, just kidding. I actually wasn't a fan of the Dual Coils but whatever floats your boat.

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
2 stacked tenergy 3.0v will fit. I have 4 Prodigy's and they are just lovely at 6V. The 4.8v Nihm battery fits also.

You can't beat any of the DCC's (any size) at 6V...vaping nirvana.

OK, just checking.
So a stack of tenergy 16340 3.0volt cells will put out 4 amps?

and the 4 series connected 1/3 A 600mah Nimh?
That would only be 4.8v/1.5ohms for 3.2 amps, and about 15 watts.
That sounds wimpy compared to the 6 volts :)
Pretty cool. Sounds like more and more people are vaping 6 volts at 1.5 ohms.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I gotta try some 1.5 ohmers . I have a few 2.5ohms from madvapes and they dont hit great (hard to draw /no vapor) even at 7v on my Cyprus . The two i got though ,one seem to be slightly defective as its reading 3.4 ohms which may be why they arnt hitting great .Maybe if i could get it to 9-10v it will hit amazing. The second one is reading 2.8ohm which is ok'ish but havent tried it out yet . Do you guys thnk madvapes will send me a replacement for the defective one ? Seems every carto i try out lately has problems except my Boges which i normally use . Been through 40+ boges std and not one bad one and they hit like a nuke at 6v . With the boges at 6v i barely touch the button and i get a huge plume of vapor . I want to try out one of those ego clear mega dual coils too . Those look awesome from what i seen on pbusardos review . If i end up with a prob on those im done looking at other cartos and stick just to boges .

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like someone picked up a Prodigy... How are you liking it?

Hey neighbor.

It is, in a word, perfect. I messaged a bunch of our fine ECF craftsmen about their VV mods & emailed some of the larger company's mods, but couldn't find one that would let me hit a 1.5 @ 6v without protection. After hearing your experience with the Prod & using my buddy's a few times, I knew I had the answer right in front of my face. Picked it up with some AW 17670's & the Tenergy 3v's...haven't used the AW's in a while due to the 6v addiction.

You're right though, at 3.7v, I find it gives a much more 'constant' and steady vape versus the smaller batts. I find that my Riva tapers immensely after the first hour or so.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Yup, I'm happy that it's working well for you. I know you were looking for warmth, it looks like you got it...

Thanks a bunch bud. And thanks for the personal feedback on it, just needed that little *push* from someone who uses it regularly to invest in it for myself.

And re: warmth, I got it and more. I had to switch to a bunch of Delrin tips to stave off the heat put out by the DCC's.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Haha, I just ordered a stainless steel tip to match the finish. I hope it wont get too hot...

And hey, puresmoker is having a sale on carto's right now. I'm pretty sure the dual coils are included if you need any.

Let me know how that goes. I have the Media Blasted finish, so while it probably won't be as matched, I've been eye-ing a stainless steel tip, they just look so damn smooth. I do know that with my anodized alum tips, they get pretty warm if I hit it too much, too fast.

EDIT: Oh, & good lookin' out on the carto deal, I'm checking it as we speak.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Ok...I don't know 'how or why' but I just tried a dcc on my Vmod with two 14250's in it and this is the smoothest, tastiest, 'everything-ist' vape I've ever had.
It's incredible.

Thanks to the op. I have a brand new favorite...perhaps the final one

That's awesome, I'm glad you find it 'appetizing' as well. But hey, if those batts are freshly charged, that's potentially a 7.4v vape! Keep me posted on how long that carto lasts for you.

I had the same reaction as you; it sounds ridiculous vaping a 1.5 at such a high voltage, but it really is amazing. Mind you, it doesn't work well with some of my juices (a lot of my 'dessert' vapes don't taste as nice as they do at 3.7v) but for my go-to juices (PinkSpot Blu Spot / Black Mamba, VaporsEtc Za Bomb / Blue Raspberry) they taste phenomenal. I know jack $#!+ about electricity, but I find that these DCC's really fly at 6v, & don't use them on 3.7v anymore. I've read on here that most recommend ~4.5v or greater with the dual coils. They were right.

P.S. - And a "hey neighbor" to you! I live on the border of the OC (La Mirada), & it's cool to meet another vaper from around the area.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, to explain why I think I like it, it's pretty darn close to an actual cigarette drag. It's warm, it has a great throat kick, and sometimes...sometimes...it even makes you cough. Hahaha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread