Adding flavoring to premade liquid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Okay, so I have a couple 30ml bottles of stuff that just doesn't taste right. I was wondering if I could buy some flavoring (thinking about diyflavorshack) and mix it in to taste better. Do I need to worry about measurements and ratios and all that, or can I just plop some premade liquid and a couple drops of flavoring into a 5ml bottle, swish it up and vape without worrying about the liquid's consistency and strength and blahblah? I apologize for my noobness...

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Yes, you can do that, certainly. Just note that you'll be dropping the percentage of nicotine by about 10%, depending on how much flavoring you add. Also, it's probably going to take one of those small bottles of LorAnn to flavor 30ml at 10%, and you may have a hard time finding flavors you like, so you might want to order more than you think you'll need.

MHR7331

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
SoCal
Yes, you can do that, certainly. Just note that you'll be dropping the percentage of nicotine by about 10%, depending on how much flavoring you add. Also, it's probably going to take one of those small bottles of LorAnn to flavor 30ml at 10%, and you may have a hard time finding flavors you like, so you might want to order more than you think you'll need.

Thank you! Maybe I can save this funky tasting juice after all :)

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I make small test batches, like 18 drops of nic juice, 4 drops of this flavor, 2 drops of that flavor, and write it down. If it's good, I use those proportions to make a bigger batch. If not, I make another small batch and change the amounts.

I was messing around one day and made some juice that tasted a lot like my old favorite, JC Tennessee Cured. But, I didn't write down the ratios and I haven't been able to recreate it since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread