Not open for further replies.

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Hi,

I searched and didn't find an answer. If I had some 0mg juice that is store bought-can i add nic to it or will that change the flavor or mess it up somehow? I knwo that nic changes flavor somewhat (so I've heard) but woudl it really matter that much?

Also, where can I get a bottle of nice in a smallish size-like a 15ml bottle?

Thanks!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
You'll find lots of posts on here about the % of flavoring. That's an important thing for taste, that % of flavoring. Percentage is of the total volume. So, yes, adding anything to an existing juice will alter the flavor you taste because you've changed the total volume while the volume of original flavoring is unchanged so the % will change.

Since "mg" is piss-poor shorthand for mg/ml, it's pretty easy to figure out what a combination of ml's of mg/ml and ml adds up to.

If you had 10ml of 0mg/ml flavored juice and added 5ml of 48mg/ml unflavored nicotine, you would have added 48mg/ml * 5ml = 240mg of nicotine in 10ml + 5ml = 15ml of liquid. 240mg / 15ml = 16mg/ml flavored juice.

Now if that original juice had 10% flavoring to make the taste you like in it, then after adding that imaginary 5ml of nicotine base to it, you'd have 6.7% flavoring. Some flavorings, that will be a slight drop in flavor. Some flavorings that will be a huge drop in flavor. Some flavorings will change into something so different, you will think your nicotine was highly flavored and it overpowered your original flavor. But it will change it in some way.

There's tons of posts on here as to where to get some nicotine for mixing.

ETA: If you were to buy the same juice flavor, but with nicotine, you could mix the two together and the flavor wouldn't change. (Unless they are using crappy nic, but that's a different story.) The easy math is to buy the second bottle of flavored, but with nic, juice at twice your usual nicotine level and mix it 50/50 with your original 0mg/ml juice and the result will be at your usual nicotine level.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi,

I searched and didn't find an answer. If I had some 0mg juice that is store bought-can i add nic to it or will that change the flavor or mess it up somehow? I knwo that nic changes flavor somewhat (so I've heard) but woudl it really matter that much?

Also, where can I get a bottle of nice in a smallish size-like a 15ml bottle?

Thanks!

Can you add nic to 0mg juice: yes
You'll need to shake well and maybe let it steep;
Yes it will change the flavor.

But it's easier to go the other way around; buy juice with high nic (24mg or 36mg) and extra flavor, and dilute it with glycerin and pg;

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Flavor will diminish depending on how much you add. After all your diluting the mix. My best advice is pour out 5 ml's and experiment. Also the higher the initial NIC concentration is the less it will dilute flavor so you may want to use 100mg/ml strength solution.

Last edited:

firephly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
CA
Flavor will diminish depending on how much you add. After all your diluting the mix. My best advice is pour out 5 ml's and experiment. Also the higher the initial NIC concentration is the less it will dilute flavor so you may want to use 100mg/ml strength solution.

do you know where i can get small bottles (30ml) of nic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread