The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Addition To Family, ADVKEN

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Kennneth, Apr 14, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kennneth

Kennneth Senior Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Howdy, New to vaping and mods (got Pico this week). Looking at RTA's and decided to get an economical one to get some experience on. Decided on the ADVKEN Ohmega V2.
    Do you have any opinions on type and quality (the store) I should get for premade coils and practicing with? And any opinion on this tank preciated too ; )

Also I have some Eleaf ECL's coing to expereince som STEEL on my Melo 3! Feedback on this preciated too ; )

2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Don’t own one, but I took a look at the fasttech description of it.
    Looks more or less like a griffin clone. Top fill bottom air 22+mm, very tall dual coil velocity with 4 juice wells and a screw on retainer ring. Standard clone issues. Chunkier machining, unknown materials, probably higher internal resistance, though that would have to be measured.

You might get useful info by looking at griffin videos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kennneth

Kennneth Senior Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Now that's what I'm talking about, a straight up informative opinion : )
    I'll treat her like the cheap date she is!

But now you got me a thanking again...
    What defines a "velocity" type stack?

4. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Deck not stack. At least one of us hatesautocorrect. Possibly both.

I can even show you a pic...
    image.jpg
    Velocity RDA

image.jpg
    Velocity RDA deck.
    It’s an old one. V2. The double split posts make it velocity. The handy thing about em is you can eithe wick double coil in the standard fashion, or if you want, run the coil between the posts sideways and do a single coil. Because the way your griffin clone is set up, if you do wick single coil you’ll want to part the wick in the center on each side to fill all four juice wells with wick or it will leak.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kennneth

Kennneth Senior Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    Ain't autoincorrect awful sometimes! Specialy wit da HillBilly slang..

TY, very clear def on V deck/stack. And what I expected re: wicking in that scenario, thanks for the confirm. On that particular scenerio, 2 coil 2 air hole RTA but with a 1 coil build, what are folks using to plug the other air hole? Was thinking wick also but might need to wick it with silicone before inserting to make a better plug that doesn't wick (and reusable).

• Like Like x 1
  6. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    TY, very clear def on V deck/stack. And what I expected re: wicking in that scenario, thanks for the confirm. On that particular scenerio, 2 coil 2 air hole RTA but with a 1 coil build, what are folks using to plug the other air hole? Was thinking wick also but might need to wick it with silicone before inserting to make a better plug that doesn't wick (and reusable).[/QUOTE]
    I never used anything myself. I just reduced airflow.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Dang... I just looked up that RTA.. is that a 16mm dual coil?

When your done with that... lol

(The Gear RTA is 24mm)

The damn vape Fresia is 22mm, and so is the serpent mini..

8. Kennneth

Kennneth Senior Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Dallas
    I agree.

It's a 22mm btw and with fit dual 6 wrap claptons 28/36 @ .6xx ohm each (total .3xx). But yea, sure I'll out grow it very quick but want personal experience before next purchase which will be 24-25mm.

So picking an RTA is much more difficult for me than a mod. Got the Pico 75 and lov it and will use it a lot I'm sure. With that being said, I see a lot of good mods and will likely buy several however, I'm gonna cut-to-the-chase and my next mod is gonna be a Lost Vape Paranormal. Long term investment that will be paying dividends IMO.
    So keep RTA suggestions coming : )

Addendum:
    I want to give a big thanks to Opinionated for the help she is providing me with experience : ) XOXOXOXOXOXO

• Love Love x 1
  9. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’ll give you my personal first favorite rta. It big though (30mm) so I don’t know if that will be useful to you. Steamcrave aromamizer plus. DL rta. Vapes like an RDA but has a 10ml tank. Bigger than many squonk bottles. It uses all the extra space in the chamber to add a lot of features: posltess replacable deck, juice flow cut off, top fill. It’s a bit annoying to wick. I find the trick is to take the removable deck out entirely and do the coils and wicking outside the atty. the deck has a 510 on it so you can just screw it into the mod. Anyway wick really long, stuff the wick ends through the juice holes. THEN cut the excess of on the bottom and thin it with a tweezers, and cut it back again. No leaks and you can build more than one deck and swap them out. I generally carry one spare already wicked in a little plastic container.

It’s huuuuge though

• Like Like x 2
  10. Black wings

Black wings Super Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    I'd even say it's still worth picking up the original steam crave aromamizer for the pico. It pops up at bargain basement pricing on the Chinese sites and I grabbed another for about six dollars in the UK last month. I've been using the original since it came out (make sure it has the velocity deck as the original one was a pig).
    Yes it will only take 2.5mm claptons at a squeeze but my lordy it wicks anything and delivers flavour and cloud, all in a 22mm frame. I'd suggest the smaller one for the pico though to stop your set up looking like a steam engine.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I disagree about the postless deck. It allows for more build space. It’s probably a case of taste though. The only decks I’ve found to be of very limited utility though are the series decks, which are only useful in specific situations.
    I did not know they were being remaindered out. I’ll have to pick up another and some more decks. The thing continues to beat out badly every newer design I’ve seen in everything except raw size.

I personally found the smaller ones to lack rather dramatically the functionality advantages of the larger one. Possibly a YMMV thing.

12. Black wings

Black wings Super Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    No, I was talking about the original deck on the first aromamizer. Three post with a shared central post. Absolute pig to build on. Lol.
    They of course have improved on larger later models due to the extra deck space but even with a dual 26 awg build the original will throw out some serious vapour at 50-60w with two airflow holes open.

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Black wings

Black wings Super Member

Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    aromamizer-rdta-steam-crave-wholesale.jpg Original aromamizer

Original deck.
    aromamizer-steam-crave-rdta-6ml-tank-velocity-deck-3-post-deck-bluevape-1601-18-Bluevape@12.jpg
    Replacement deck.
    SC-AROMAMIZER-2POST-2T.jpg
    And the v2 (which had the new deck and replacement airflow section that could be ordered separately to use on the v1
    Aromamizer_RDTA_v2_1.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.